Quantcast What to bring in the parks with older kids?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to bring in the parks with older kids?

Ok, when I've taken my kids in the past, they were younger. Now, we'll have a 12 year old and a 16 year old. Last trip with adults only, DH carried only his wallet, and I carried a small over the shoulder purse that amounts to no more than a neck wallet. For the very first time ever, I didn't bring bags and strollers into the parks. Now that the kids are older, I really don't want to encumber myself again with "stuff". We don't bring our own food and water into the parks, we won't carry ponchos etc. Other than a few bandaids, moleskin and chapstick, do I really need to carry anything else? I'll lather my DD with sunscreen before we go (DH and DStepS are Native American--therefore they don't ever feel the need for sunscreen-even though they burn! I can't talk them into it). If we go to the water parks, of course I'll bring the sunscreen etc. But as far as the parks go, do I really need to drag things around? Does ANYONE go light??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Although our two little ones are 3 and 1 and we still bring our "stuff" for them we don't find that we need anything for our oldest DD (11). The only thing we bring is a sweatshirt or sweater for nighttime when it cools down a bit. Other than that I don't think you need to lug anything around the parks. Even that I would say you could store in a locker at the fron of the parks until/if you need it.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have a cross body small bag that I carry. In it I hve a camera, cell phone, money, park tickets, glasses and I hang an umbrella from the strap. That's all we bring into the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you! We don't take any food or water. I don't think the pain of carrying those things are worth it.

The only thing I take is money, a credit card, keys, advil and a small camera in a case. Everything can fit into the camera case so there's no need to carry a backpack!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We travel light in the parks.

As soon as DD got passed the stroller stage, we just carried room keys, $20, benedryl (never know when you're going to need it our family) and some band-aids.

Makes for quick entry, skipping the bag lines and an easier trip all day!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We go light as well with our older kids, who are now 12. Not having a bag is so nice, especially when entering the parks. We've never thought, "Oh, I wish we had ..."
    Homeschool Mom
    WDW Trips '76,'80, '81, '83, '91, '94, '95, '96, '97, '00, '01-'02 with AP's, '03-'04 with AP's, recently many visits with CM Mom!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: