Quantcast yet another lawsuit - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

...i think what makes me most crazy about this is that he is suing for punative damages of $1mm.

how did he come up with this amount? where, anywhere, does $1mm seem reasonable for being denied employment?

if you are going to sue disney for being discriminatory, then so be it. what it sounds like to me is this person is trying to extort money out of disney!
    --Heff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    I think the fact they they are offered a role (even back stage) shows that Disney is trying to accomodate all people of all religions.

When you say that they should loosen their policy and allow women to wear head scarves I have to wonder where we draw the line. Can this person be cast as the new Cinderella? If so, then would we not have just created a new character for that person? A person with a headgear would not look right in tomorrow land either.

Maybe Disney does need to lighten up in some areas, but casting is not one of them. When I walk into frontier land, I want to BE in frontier land. It is called casting for a reason.

I have nothing against the person or the religion, but I am in Disney World!! If we are going to change Walt's dream for 1 or 2 people, that is insane.

Oh yeah, I want my 10 commandments back and prayer in school.
    Why wouldn't a person in headgear look right in Tommorowland? Are there not going to be Muslims in the future?

And wasn't Walt's dream for everyone to be able to enjoy Disney World?
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't imagine that Disney does not have a statement on their application about its dress code. I work for a large cooperate giant, and before you even get an interview you are told what is the "expected look" and that if you cannot comply you will not be offered a job. Now with that said they are talking more about tattoos and piercings. However resonable accomodation laws quoted in multiple other posts are that you are to be offered a position in which you are qualified. As a college student and a seasonal worker (the articles state it was a school break job) I don't think he would have made a million even if he worked just holidays for the rest of his life. Also as far as applications go, he may have applied, but if he was not offered a position they have the right to discard his application in 60 days, and if he was offered a position and employeed human resources would need to keep his records a year after termination so I find it very hard to believe that Disney would have no record if he was in fact hired. And other agencies would have record of this also, when you are hired you have to fill out tax and citizenship forms ( the I-9 or immagrant worker). This is just insane.
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure they offered him a different job and he refused, i doubt they'd ever do it that way-

Bryan
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the last 15 years working in the Human Resource profession and spent a lot of time reading to keep up with what was going on out there and I can tell you that Disney has been sued over this very same issue many times in the past and have always won. This is just like Hooters only hiring big chested females that look good in their "costume."

Also, only one or two of you have mentioned the issue that Disney has no record of this guy applying for employment at the time in question. Because Disney has been sued and won on this issue so many times I am quite confident that if they have nor record of him applying at this time then they really don't have such a record. And that my friends is a huge deal! The burden of proof is on the applicant to prove that they actually applied at that time. Since he cannot prove that he applied at that time his case is dead before it gets started!

Based on all my years of experience with these kind of issues I can guarantee that this is some kind of disgruntled individual who is looking for an easy cash payout. The sad thing is that it will cost the taxpayers at the local, state, and federal levels to pursue this claim as well as the cost to Disney to defend themselves. And guess who ends up paying those costs? That's right, you and I!!

Post Thanks / Like

So so silly. Disney should counter-sue for Ignorance and then build a new thrill ride with the money.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Also, only one or two of you have mentioned the issue that Disney has no record of this guy applying for employment at the time in question. Because Disney has been sued and won on this issue so many times I am quite confident that if they have nor record of him applying at this time then they really don't have such a record.
    So, this is the reason for a TNT pile!?! (TNT = Thanks but No Thanks). When we knew someone wasn't going to be hired, that's where we would file them, they went in the circular file shortly after that.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: