Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 45

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my stars, if I was to watch an episode of Doctor Who would I be able to follow the plot? Or have they changed it?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Oh my stars, if I was to watch an episode of Doctor Who would I be able to follow the plot? Or have they changed it?
    Well it has been going for over 30 years. I think it would be true to say that the latest four seasons are rather different from the first four seasons When did you last watch an episode?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND TO ELLEN & DEB!!

I hope you both have an excellent weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I remember when you went last summer. Sounds like fun! You have your own mead cup? Is that like a Disney refilable resort mug? Can you use it every trip or did you need a sticker for it each year?

Can I get some of that banana bread?
    Well, we didn't get to go today... the weather didn't cooperate, so we decided to re-schedule and go next Sunday. By the time the weather seemed a bit better & we got up there, it was noon -- and the line was at least a half-hour long. So, it wouldn't have been worth the money to get in and get going around 12:45 and be done by 6:30.

Instead, the girls and I went to see the new American Girl movie -- it was EXCELLENT -- and Dan played 9 holes. Now it's time for dinner and some ....

As far as the mead cup -- it's awesome -- it's pottery and has a leather strap so you can "wear" it on your belt or wherever... you just hold it up where they sell mead and it's MUCH cheaper that way... esp. when you like it as much as I do.... (I even had the meadery that sells their mead send two bottles to our resort at Disney last October!!) You can use it every year, and it's great at home, too!

I saved you some banana bread...

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Which little woman are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I'm the evil stepsister, Malevolent. They're always surprised to see me because the part's not really in the script. I just like seeing the looks on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Are you a Dr Who fan too? (
    Me too!! Of course, I haven't watched an episode in years....

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    ohhh nooo. that will be horrible. we havent watched the season finale yet, but it sounds good.

hope everyone is having a nice sat. i have woken refreshed from my sleep and am off to imbibe adult beverages at a friends house. yes i know its shocking that i have friends. enjoy the night, and don't call the cops if we get too loud.
    You're a fan, too?? Now, see?? There's something we've both seen!!

Have fun at your imbibing party... try to not wear the lampshade...

Hope Saturday's been good to everybody... our day sort-of started as a downer, but it's getting better. I'll check in later!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Hey, what about mine??

Sorry about the lightning damage. Scary stuff!
    One from Ellen to Jeanne coming up, well in about 21 days.

Thank Ellen.

Hope the lightning held off doing any more damage! And hope the insurance will come through for you.
    I do too Mikki. Just came home and found another victim, my DVD player. Man it was mostly all my electronic equipment. My TiVo, my DVD player, my TV. And most of the items were on surge protectors. Must have been one big volt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND TO ELLEN & DEB!!

I hope you both have an excellent weekend!!
    I'll second this, any 3rds?

Seriously I hope that both Deb & Ellen have a fantastic day tomorrow in what ever you do!
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

No season next year, only about 4 specials through the year. More Torchwood and Sarah Jane adventures due though.

So what are the birthday girls getting up to tomorrow?
    Nice to hear that we'll have new Torchwood and Sarah Jane, but what will we do w/out the main event?

Since nobody can see the 'orchestra', DW put all kinds of crazy things in the program. She listed the violinist as also playing the steam caliope, DW (who plays regular and bass clarinet) as playing concert tuba, me as playing standup bass as well as percussion... Since DD is the show's producer, DW credited herself in the program as being the producer of the producer.
    So you're not the only clever and creative one in the family? I love what your DW included in the program!

I've had a very lazy day today... trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. Right now I'm planning on going out to see my mom tomorrow.

Happy birthday eve, Deb!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone,

Just zooping quick, it is a long weekend here in Canada!!! Is it a long weekend in the US?

My inlaws took the boys overnight so I was able to get some scrapbooking done, and Disney Scrapbooking at that! I will post pics once I get a few more things finished up. I have to say it was so nice relaxing and sleeping in, taking a little 'me' time.

Well, off to give the boys a bath. I hope everyone is having a great weekend:

& to all!

Mary,

So sorry to hear about the lightning. Glad to hear that everyone is okay though.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I'm a sucker for a glass of good rum.

So are you getting gussied up ?
    You lush!
    Nope - I don't get "gussied up" much. I like casual and comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Major lightening going around here, around 4pm this afternoon. We had like 3 good size booms, they were huge. Then another bolt of lightening struck the tree at the end of our condo complex. What we think happened that it then ran the length of the condo complex and exited out our condo. We are the last one. We lost 2 tv's. One was smoking when I opened the door and put it outside. I lost my Tivo machine. All 3 of our land line telphone got fried as well. Luckily I unplugged my laptop. Have no idea what else is fried. It blew at least 3 fuses too.
    Wow - thats scary! Glad to hear nobody was hurt! Was there any permanent damage to the house?
    (I even had the meadery that sells their mead send two bottles to our resort at Disney last October!!)
    How'd that work out? We are thinking of doing something like that for this December.

Last night was quite fun. The yacht was gorgeous. They brought it downstream to a VERY small public boat ramp to meet everyone. Docking was difficult, and then they realized that the dock area had no lighting. No way were they going to be able to dock again after dark - so we stayed docked and enjoyed the river, the birds, the boats, the drinks, the food.
    Today was shopping , shopping and more shopping.
    Now we're trying to decide where to go for dinner for the whole crew.
    Did I mention I bought our MVMCP tickets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    How'd that work out? We are thinking of doing something like that for this December.

Last night was quite fun. The yacht was gorgeous. They brought it downstream to a VERY small public boat ramp to meet everyone. Docking was difficult, and then they realized that the dock area had no lighting. No way were they going to be able to dock again after dark - so we stayed docked and enjoyed the river, the birds, the boats, the drinks, the food.

Did I mention I bought our MVMCP tickets?
    It worked out great -- we gave them our resort address and the resort asked us to be sure they wrote our name in big, bold letters and the date we were arriving. The girl at the desk who checked us in wasn't very helpful, but by the time we'd gotten to our room, they'd found the package and called to deliver it. (When I called the resort to ask if wine could be delivered, the CM said, "I'm going to pretend you didn't ask what we prefer and I'll just tell you we accept packages for our guests and deliver them to their rooms, no questions asked." )

Glad to hear you had such a fun time, even staying put... sounds like a great night!

So -- what night are you going?

Okay, I'm off to read some HP with Julia... I'll check in later!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Ellen and Deb!!!! OK, so I'm dumb, but who is Dr. Who? And what's Mead? Hope everyones weekend is treating them excellent have a great night all!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    who is Dr. Who?
    Doctor Who is a British sci-fi show about an alien called The Doctor and his friends who go on adventures through time and space. (That's the best I can describe it without getting really technical and show lingo-y XD). It's the longest running sci-fi show in the world and it's really captivating, dramatic, and funny at the same time. Currently it has two spinoffs, The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood, both about people who have traveled with The Doctor. It shows on BBC America and Sci-Fi channel in the US

(I hope I explained everything well ;^^)
    WDW Trips:
    3/96 - Dixie Landings
    8/05 - Offsite
    7/08 - POP Century
    8/08 - BoardWalk

Aug 23 - Leaving for WDW!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Never under estimate the power of lightening. We just got fried this afternoon.

Major lightening going around here, around 4pm this afternoon. We had like 3 good size booms, they were huge. Then another bolt of lightening struck the tree at the end of our condo complex. What we think happened that it then ran the length of the condo complex and exited out our condo. We are the last one. We lost 2 tv's. One was smoking when I opened the door and put it outside. I lost my Tivo machine. All 3 of our land line telphone got fried as well. Luckily I unplugged my laptop. Have no idea what else is fried. It blew at least 3 fuses too.

Hopefully we have insurance and can recover some of the damages. Not fun that's for sure.
    How scary... at least you have insurance to cover the damage. It's still a hassle to have to deal with all that, though. to help you get through it.

Since DD is the show's producer, DW credited herself in the program as being the producer of the producer.

Did everyone have a good Saturday? I'm off to work now... it's my last night of part-time hours. Tomorrow I go back to 8 hour shifts.

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagessa View Post
    Did everyone have a good Saturday? I'm off to work now... it's my last night of part-time hours. Tomorrow I go back to 8 hour shifts.

Rachel R.
    How's our little Alex doing?

I had a great Saturday...I hired my new employee. Today my two staff members wouldn't let me set a table up!! I'm allergic to wool, usually it just makes me inch but ever since the beginning of the summer my arms break out in a rash. We're beginning to get our new fall fabrics in and, of course, they have wool!! I love fall fabrics because of the texture and they have more life then summer fabrics, but then they contain that yucky wool.

This evening we tried out a new restaurant which was really great and I have the next two days off since it's a civic holiday in Ontario and we're closed on Monday!!!

So Gilles has decided that after our 2 Disney trips he want to go to France in a couple of years to see his family, so I'm now saving pennies for that. He asked what I wanted to see in France so I told him Disneyland Paris and he gave me a dirty look..Do you think he isn't agreeing with me?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    hope everyone is having a nice sat. i have woken refreshed from my sleep and am off to imbibe adult beverages at a friends house. yes i know its shocking that i have friends. enjoy the night, and don't call the cops if we get too loud.
    And you didn't invite me or Blythe ?????
    Well, we didn't get to go today... the weather didn't cooperate, so we decided to re-schedule and go next Sunday. By the time the weather seemed a bit better & we got up there, it was noon -- and the line was at least a half-hour long. So, it wouldn't have been worth the money to get in and get going around 12:45 and be done by 6:30.

Instead, the girls and I went to see the new American Girl movie -- it was EXCELLENT -- and Dan played 9 holes. Now it's time for dinner and some ....

Hope Saturday's been good to everybody... our day sort-of started as a downer, but it's getting better. I'll check in later!
    Sorry your plans had to change today. Our weather was wet and then it cleared off to be absolutely wonderful.

Tomorrows supposed to be nice and I really hope so. We have some dear friends coming over for a swim and a little dinner and we are soooo excited to see them. She has a drinking problem, but her husband is a great guy. They have two beautiful daughters that we haven't seen in a year and we can't wait to see them.

So what are you doing tomarrow ???? Are you hanging with Kate ??

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Nope - I don't get "gussied up" much. I like casual and comfortable.

Glad you had a good time ! You deserve a night like that. I'm also glad you didn't fall overboard !
    Okay, I'm off to read some HP with Julia... I'll check in later!
    Tell Julia and Emma we said
    Quote Originally Posted by synesthesiademo View Post
    Doctor Who is a British sci-fi show about an alien called The Doctor and his friends who go on adventures through time and space. (That's the best I can describe it without getting really technical and show lingo-y XD). It's the longest running sci-fi show in the world and it's really captivating, dramatic, and funny at the same time. Currently it has two spinoffs, The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood, both about people who have traveled with The Doctor. It shows on BBC America and Sci-Fi channel in the US

Yes you did.... and to JQ ! But one of our rules is you must ask a question in your post or you'll get one of these from Rhonda. She's a wonderful person but you don't want to get on her bad side !
    We had a great Saturday, thanks. I hope your 8 hour shift flies by !

Post Thanks / Like

I spent most of my day getting ready for, getting to and from and attending my niece's wedding. It was nice, but I'm tired now. Who is providing us breakfast tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Nice question!! Did you forget it?
    Excellent job stepping in for me!

Quote Originally Posted by synesthesiademo View Post

Welcome to Just Questions! Thanks for the explanation. I think the only thing that you forgot was to include a question. I'll let you off the hook this time though since you're new here.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Eep, sorry for not asking one ;^^ Okay as penance I have 2 random questions: 'Who are your favorite bands/musical artists?', and 'What/who are you planning on dressing as for Halloween?'

Bands: I actually have six (I CAN'T PICK!): AFI, Keane, My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand, Dave Matthews Band, and The Beatles

Halloween: I'm probably going as Alice in Wonderland or Near from the anime Death Note.
    WDW Trips:
    3/96 - Dixie Landings
    8/05 - Offsite
    7/08 - POP Century
    8/08 - BoardWalk

Aug 23 - Leaving for WDW!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to work now... it's my last night of part-time hours. Tomorrow I go back to 8 hour shifts.

Rachel R.
    I remember how tough the transition was back to work. I was in tears more than once. Trust me, it will get easier, especially when you get into a comfortable routine. Here's some to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    So Gilles has decided that after our 2 Disney trips he want to go to France in a couple of years to see his family, so I'm now saving pennies for that. He asked what I wanted to see in France so I told him Disneyland Paris and he gave me a dirty look..Do you think he isn't agreeing with me?
    I think its a wonderful compromise!!
    Glad you had a good time ! You deserve a night like that. I'm also glad you didn't fall overboard !
    Walking back up that skinny little dock in the pitch black was quite the challenge. Throw in a couple of glasses of wine, and it was a recipe for disaster! But we made it without any unexpected swimming detours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Who is providing us breakfast tomorrow?
    I would not recommend waiting for me, or it will be more like lunch for y'all.

Dinner was at Applebees. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Now we are home, planning to watch The Bourne Supremacy - just waiting until the youngest goes to bed.

Do you think I can find more things to spend money on tomorrow?

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    OUCH !!!
    Hey Marilyn. Did you forget your question again ??????

Just think..... Rhonda finally missed one.

Rhonda.... aren't you feeling well or did you have too much to drink at the wedding reception today ????

Post Thanks / Like

And you didn't invite me or Blythe ?????

Tomorrows supposed to be nice and I really hope so. We have some dear friends coming over for a swim and a little dinner and we are soooo excited to see them. She has a drinking problem, but her husband is a great guy. They have two beautiful daughters that we haven't seen in a year and we can't wait to see them.

So what are you doing tomarrow ???? Are you hanging with Kate ??

well if i invited Blythe than i'd have to share the alcohol. and you know she has a drinking problem. especially since we were drinking homemade mead. home now and really ready for bed. tomorrow is coming faster than i want.

and Blythe, are we hanging out tomorrow? i don;t remember any plans. especially since i have to work at 7pm.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee and hot water are on. And also available are juices and sodas of your choice.
    What shall I have for breakfast?
    Mikki the last time I saw Doctor Who was at least 2 years ago. And that is due to the fact. I don't get the required channels. We have very basic channels here. We would have to have cable brought in or have a satelite dish set up.
    Perhaps later I'll have to go check out the latest showing of Doctor Who via this beauty. I keep forgetting I can do that. Silly me eh? Lolol
    Have a magical day
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday, Deb and Ellen!!!

We have some dear friends coming over for a swim and a little dinner and we are soooo excited to see them. She has a drinking problem, but her husband is a great guy. They have two beautiful daughters that we haven't seen in a year and we can't wait to see them.
    Pogo, that isn't a very nice way to talk about Blythe, is it?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,