Quantcast Epcot news?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Epcot news?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot news?

Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates about Epcot lately? It seems I remember a while back there were several rumors about a refurb of the entrance area as well as JIYI and HISTA. I just haven't heard much about my favorite park since the wand came down!
    Tomorrow’s world approaches, so let us listen and learn, let us explore and question and understand, let us go forth and discover the wisdom to guide great Spaceship Earth through the uncharted seas of the future. Let us dare to fulfill our destiny

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The entrance area isn't changing until at the very least, 2011, I've got a contract that says those "tomb stones" will be there for 10 years.

As far as JIYI and HISTA, I don't think we'll see anything unless Kodak steps p and forks over some cash, or they drop their sponsorship and someone else picks it up. I too wish something would be done with that area, I pass by it often going form Soarin' to World Showcase and used to think about stopping in, now it doesn't even cross my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    The entrance area isn't changing until at the very least, 2011, I've got a contract that says those "tomb stones" will be there for 10 years.
    I thought the contract said they could be moved but had to be accessable.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Really? I thought they would be there forever, this is good news. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post

Does that mean they can be moved to the bottom of the lagoon and accesible by SCUBA? I know people paid money to do it, heck I almost did it, but there could have been a better way to display them.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

So since the program in order to get a picture on one ended in June 2007, it should be somewhere, if moved, for a good 9 years at the very least.

I personally would like to see them work on DHS and AK before they work on JIYI. Sure the entire Imagination pavilion could use a very deep facelift, but even work in MK would work for me because their last "E" ticket was Splash Mountain and that was 16 years ago. Epcot has had 3 "E" tickets in the past 9 years.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

the tombstones could go by the bricks around MK/resorts
    maybe my trip after Sept in the future will allow me to see SE wo them
    Id like a few updates to Epcot...new country etc
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post

Yes, after 10 years... When purchased during the Millennium Celebration, the contract said they would be there for 10 years and then could be moved, but would be accessible. I suspect shortly after the celebration started they realized it wasn't going well and wasn't going to sell out, so the contract MAY have changed. But originally, and the one I signed when we got it, said it would be there (in it's current location) for 10 years, which means 2010 and not a day earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

It just seems such a shame when you look at the older pictures with the acrylic sculpture, fountains, and palm trees compared to what we have today. Unfortunately, I was too young to remember the old look, but it seems that it was a much more fitting entrance to the park.
    Tomorrow’s world approaches, so let us listen and learn, let us explore and question and understand, let us go forth and discover the wisdom to guide great Spaceship Earth through the uncharted seas of the future. Let us dare to fulfill our destiny

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that you cannot buy a name on the 'tombstones' anymore but I would love to buy one for a neice who died never fulfulling her wish to get to WDW.However I dont think the entrance is a good place for them.Perhaps an EPCOT garden just outside of the gates could be built and the stones placed there.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: