Quantcast Manny is now a Dodger? OMG!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Manny is now a Dodger? OMG!!

I just got note that Red Sox Manny Ramirez was traded to LA Dodgers.....I am shocked. How could they do this? Why would they do this? We need his bat.

This was posted on a Red Sox notification email:

In the one of the most dramatic non-waiver Trade Deadline deals in club history, the Red Sox sent Manny Ramirez to the Los Angeles Dodgers in a three-way deal that brought Pirates left fielder Jason Bay to Boston.

The Red Sox also sent pitcher Craig Hansen and outfielder Brandon Moss to Pittsburgh, and the Pirates also obtained third baseman Andy LaRoche and pitcher Bryan Morris from the Dodgers.

Bay, 29, appeared to be the only bat on the market who had comparable numbers to Ramirez this season. The right-handed hitting Bay has a .282 average with 22 homers, 64 RBIs and a .519 slugging percentage. The 36-year-old Ramirez, who is having what is basically a par year by his standards, is hitting .299 with 20 homers and 68 RBIs.

The blockbuster move literally came down to the buzzer, just like it did in 2004, when the Sox traded Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nooo! I'm going to miss "Manny being Manny" in Boston!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

I love the sox, but Manny was beginning to really push "being Manny" to the limits. It gets to be rediculous when a 20 million dollar a year player is basically pulling stunts to tell his ball club when he will and won't play... I don't think anyone should panic just yet, Bay could be just as good for us in the lineup and he's younger with potential for growth to boot. I'm sad to see one of our most popular players go, but change isn't always bad.
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed Manny and I will always like him but he left them little choice. Once you start slamming the organization as publicly and as often as he was it's time to go! He was clearly not happy there and they were clearly fed up with his antics. I will always appreciate that he played a big part in the 2 World Series they won and I am sad to see it end this way. I wish him well.

I am excited about Jason Bay though. He is a great player as well. Hopefully they can sign him up past next season.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Best news any Red Sox fan has heard all year!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

I never liked Jason Bay - yinz can have him! He's good, but I always thought he was too highly overrated here in the 'Burgh.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I will miss Manny. He was always so funny to watch at the ballparks. But, I guess it was time to let him go with everything that has been going on the past couple of weeks. It was obvious he didn't want to be in Boston anymore and it seems to have brought down the clubhouse. I'm looking forward to tonight's game and everyone's reaction to Bay. GO SOX.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

As a Yankee fan, I loved this news... But, gotta face it, Manny being Manny was wearing thin... I think it really started affecting the team... And seriously, if the Red Sox didn't trade him, how helpful do you think he would have been down the stretch.. Anyone who thought Manny would give any more than 20 percent was kidding themselves... I don't think Jason Bay will help the Red Sox get into the playoffs this year, wild card nor first place, but, in the end I think it really does help their team chemistry..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Manny is going down... Jason Bay is going up. Bay will most likely out produce him this year, and all the years after that. But I have to wonder, they probably went after Bay because the Yankees went after Nady. Its the same old thing, they get Randy Johnson we get Curt Schilling they get Carl Pavano, we get Josh Beckett. They get Xavier Nady, we get Jason Bay... its never going to end.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofhook View Post
    Manny is going down... Jason Bay is going up. Bay will most likely out produce him this year, and all the years after that. But I have to wonder, they probably went after Bay because the Yankees went after Nady. Its the same old thing, they get Randy Johnson we get Curt Schilling they get Carl Pavano, we get Josh Beckett. They get Xavier Nady, we get Jason Bay... its never going to end.
    The only difference, in the last two examples, Red Sox got the better of the deals with Beckett and Schilling.. This time around, I think the Yankees did better with Nady, Marte, and Pudge... But, time will tell... The end of this season will be exciting, that is for sure...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Manny who??? Jason Bay scores both runs in his debut

Welcome to the Bay State
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurelandTikiGirl View Post
    Manny who??? Jason Bay scores both runs in his debut

Welcome to the Bay State
    Enjoy it now - don't expect it to last... Take it from one who has watched him for the past 3 1/2 years. He may have been leading the Pirates in HR's this season and have been a HR king here, but we could never count on him when it counted most.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Enjoy it now - don't expect it to last... Take it from one who has watched him for the past 3 1/2 years. He may have been leading the Pirates in HR's this season and have been a HR king here, but we could never count on him when it counted most.
    I wouldn't encourage anyone to base their opinions on his performance with his old team for the last three years, however... it's well-known in baseball that a player can be very sporadic in one environment and flourish in another. He may be great for us in Boston, he may not. Only time will tell.
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

He may have been leading the Pirates in HR's this season and have been a HR king here, but we could never count on him when it counted most.
    Sounds like A-Rod! I'm just happy to have a breath of fresh air......someone who wants to play rather than looking for excuses to not play
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Having attended one of Manny's last 'lackluster' appearances (Tues July 29), I am glad to see someone in left field put TOTAL effort into the game. It is a welcome relief not to see the Red Sox left fielder disappear into the 'green monster' during pitching changes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink2002 View Post
    I wouldn't encourage anyone to base their opinions on his performance with his old team for the last three years, however... it's well-known in baseball that a player can be very sporadic in one environment and flourish in another. He may be great for us in Boston, he may not. Only time will tell.
    You're right, only time will tell, but just know this - many of his homeruns were solo, he's not known for production with men on base - his RBI total is not great for someone who's a HR leader, and he was a leader in strikeouts. I can't imagine that's going to change much.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, only time will tell, but just know this - many of his homeruns were solo, he's not known for production with men on base - his RBI total is not great for someone who's a HR leader, and he was a leader in strikeouts. I can't imagine that's going to change much.
    Why wouldn't it change?
    Instead of having stiffs like Doug Mientkiewicz and José Bautista hitting around him, Bay will get to hit in a lineup with guys like David Ortiz and Mike Lowell.
    Kinda hard to drive in alot of runs when you don't get alot of people on base.
    I know Bay's avg with RISP is bad, but when you are the only star player in the lineup, you aren't going to get pitched to because the guys behind you aren't that good.

The Pirates have stunk pretty much every year Bay was there. Bay will finally get to play with a good baseball team.

I am not guaranteeing Bay will produce, but I don't know if judging him by what he has done in Pittsburgh is a good comparision.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Why wouldn't it change?
    Instead of having stiffs like Doug Mientkiewicz and José Bautista hitting around him, Bay will get to hit in a lineup with guys like David Ortiz and Mike Lowell.

The Pirates have stunk every year Bay was there. Bay will finally get to play with a good baseball team.

I am not guaranteeing Bay will produce, but I don't know if judging him by what he has done in Pittsburgh is a good comparision.
    I watch the Pirates all the time and I can tell you that when he has men on base ahead of him, Bay doesn't produce. He leaves a lot of guys hanging when he has chances to bring them in. The Pirates are very capable of getting men on base - that's never been their issue. It's actually getting them home where they are so bad - and Bay was always a big part of that stranding men on base. It doesn't matter who he has hitting around him is he doesn't bring them in. Maybe he'll be great for Boston or maybe not, but I'm glad he's gone from Pittsburgh.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, you are talking about the Pirates here.. Comparing them to the Red Sox, well, there is no comparison... Many of his homers may have been solo shots because there weren't any good hitters in front of him... He has a few decent hitters in front of him in Boston... He is now in pressure situations... Let's see if he sinks or swims..

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter who he has hitting around him is he doesn't bring them in.
    I think who hits around him does matter.
    They could pitch around him in Pitts with guys like Bautista behind him.
    He'll get pitched more in Boston because the lineup is far more dangerous than the Pirates.
    You get your choice of Ortiz, Lowell, JD Drew or Bay in the middle of the lineup - pick your poison.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: