Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 42

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    p.s. pogo are you sure you want to measure me?- i think you might enjoy it a little toooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    pogo, did I ever tell you that you are funny? Because I got a couple good chuckles out of the last few postings.
    Aw shucks Mary.... Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    So I'm pretty mad right now. I got a ticket today by one of the stupid speed vans that we have in the city. Basically an unmanned van that they park on the side of the road that takes a picture of your license plate and then send you a ticket. I knew it has popped me when I saw it, I was just hoping it wasn't radaring our lane. It just stinks really, $75 that I could be spending on our trip. Oh well.
    Looks like you and Marilyn could be cell mates ! Why don't you two change your signature lines to "JQU Inmates" !

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I had to go to traffic court today. If you remember my acccidentJune 26th - I couldn't find my insurance card, so I had a court date to show proof of insurance - even though the accident was not my fault. My case was dismissed.

I had the card in my car, I just couldn't focus well enough right after the accident to give the right card to the officer.

Do you think I could claim temporary brain damage?
    Oh Sis..... you know I love you right ???? I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Well I worked like a madman today, and with luck, I won't have to work this weekend. Course then I will need the weekend to recover from all the extra work I did, so that I wouldn't have to work in the first place.
    And I didn't call you today !!!! But.... I have to admit.... I was tempted !
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Pogo what exam are you taking? I have another one on Tuesday.
    Certification to sell Medicare Advantage Plans for Wellcare. You must score a 90% to pass ! I scored a 96 !

all this talk of mickey bars and dole whips just makes me want to be sitting on a park bench watching the people go by in magic kindgom. anyone else??
    Stop it Kate.... your scaring me ! You sound too good to be true.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the red light ones but how do the speeding ones work? Seems odd. Nice to see you T & G.
    The vans have photo radar. They clock your speed, then take a picture of the driver and the license plate if you are speeding. Then waaaalaaaa, a few weeks later your picture and ticket show up in the mail.
    zoooooping in from work. not so bad right now. i'm orienting someone one on the mother/baby floor. but at 11pm i'm pretty sure i have to go up to labor and delivery where its rocking. all this talk of mickey bars and dole whips just makes me want to be sitting on a park bench watching the people go by in magic kindgom. anyone else?? ok off i go

kate
    So when you and Blythe work together, do you fight over the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    And I didn't call you today !!!! But.... I have to admit.... I was tempted !
    Why not? Do you want me to call when I hit Starbucks in the morning? We could have coffee together!

Quiet evening (FINALLY!!), since all but the youngest are gone. She will soon be completely absorbed in the Atlantis Milo's Return video.

Has anyone else been watching shark week?

Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna share with me too .... aren't you ??
    You can have mine. I like them but they don't like me.

I do like the dole whips but admit to liking the frozen bannana's better then the mickey bars. Is that againt the JQU rules?
    I love frozen bananas!!!

Certification to sell Medicare Advantage Plans for Wellcare. You must score a 90% to
    Way to go, Buddy!!!!

Remember all the talk about people applying for jobs? Well, I'm trying to hire someone. With the store you are required to know how to sew, which means you have to know how to read a pattern. I had an interview today with a lady today that was interrupting me when I was asking questions, wouldn't listen to me and kept saying she knew how to sew. I was asking how much fabric she needed for this evening dress, without looking at the pattern said it would take 2 1/2 meters...it required 7.7 meters. I asked her if thats what the pattern said and she very seriously looked at me and said it doesn't matter what the pattern says it takes 2 1/2 meters for a dress below your knees. I again looked at her and asked her if the pattern looks likes it's a pattern below the knees, she replied that nobody needs to make a dress like that....duh, bridemaids dresses, evening dresses, prom dresses. I very politely told her that if I needed her I'd give her a call. Then I had another lady come in with her 3 young children all under the age of 6 and demand an interview, I politely told her I didn't have enough staff on duty to give an interview to please fill out an application or leave a resume. She still demanded an interview, I told her I was busy and didn't have enough staff to give and interview, which she still demanded an interview. So I asked her if she knew how to read a pattern, she said no but I'll teach her. I told her that I didn't have time to teach someone something that the job requires, but she could fill out an application if she wanted the job and went back to what I was doing. She left the store without filling out an application. I ended up telling the staff to please hand out applications instead of sending people directly to me. Where did the woman expect her children to be during an interview?

My good news is that I did better then I expected for my year!!! Our sales were up 6% and I was hoping for 3%!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Why not? Do you want me to call when I hit Starbucks in the morning? We could have coffee together!
    No thanks.... I don't like Starbucks. But you can call me if you stop at Dunkin Doughnuts.
    Deal ???

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    You can have mine. I like them but they don't like me.
    Hey thanks Buddy !

Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna share with me too .... aren't you ??
    Share??

i think blythe stole my question. she does that you know.

sniff, i thought you guys were my friends, sniff.

wish me luck for a calm night. thanks.

p.s. pogo are you sure you want to measure me?- i think you might enjoy it a little toooo much.
    Do not!!!

We are!!

Sending luck your way... hahahahahaha.....

I told you to watch out for him....

So, he came in today which was already a surprise, but of course he didn't have his insurance card, didn't have money to pay for the visit, etc. Excuses, excuses. So I told Dr. Finch what was going on and we had printed out a DEA report from the pharmacy board. She went out to the waiting room since no one else was there and told him she couldn't see him without his insurance card. He told her all he needed was his medication and she said no, that he had already taken advantage of her before and that she wasn't going to prescribe anything else for him. He asked her what he should do and she told him to find a new doctor. I was amazed, I never thought in a million years she would do that. That was perfect though...made me proud.
    That's awesome.... more dr's need to be like that!!

Somehow I have managed to avoid this....so far.....

Well I worked like a madman today, and with luck, I won't have to work this weekend.
    Uh-oh, now you did it...

Yeah!! Watcha gonna do instead?

zoooooping in from work. not so bad right now. i'm orienting someone one on the mother/baby floor. but at 11pm i'm pretty sure i have to go up to labor and delivery where its rocking.

all this talk of mickey bars and dole whips just makes me want to be sitting on a park bench watching the people go by in magic kindgom. anyone else??
    Have fun.... and try not to work too hard, okay??

!!!!!!!!! (How many days 'til our trip????)

Nope, we've got lots... like 5 at each desk... pretty scarey, actually...

Well, I'm trying to hire someone. With the store you are required to know how to sew, which means you have to know how to read a pattern. I had an interview today with a lady today that was interrupting me when I was asking questions, wouldn't listen to me and kept saying she knew how to sew. I was asking how much fabric she needed for this evening dress, without looking at the pattern said it would take 2 1/2 meters...it required 7.7 meters. I asked her if thats what the pattern said and she very seriously looked at me and said it doesn't matter what the pattern says it takes 2 1/2 meters for a dress below your knees. I again looked at her and asked her if the pattern looks likes it's a pattern below the knees, she replied that nobody needs to make a dress like that....duh, bridemaids dresses, evening dresses, prom dresses. I very politely told her that if I needed her I'd give her a call. Then I had another lady come in with her 3 young children all under the age of 6 and demand an interview, I politely told her I didn't have enough staff on duty to give an interview to please fill out an application or leave a resume. She still demanded an interview, I told her I was busy and didn't have enough staff to give and interview, which she still demanded an interview. So I asked her if she knew how to read a pattern, she said no but I'll teach her. I told her that I didn't have time to teach someone something that the job requires, but she could fill out an application if she wanted the job and went back to what I was doing. She left the store without filling out an application.
    Where, oh where, do they find these people????

Good job on your sales, though!!

Well, I've got to run off to bed already... not much sleep today and I've got to try to catch up tonight. We had fun at Julia's drama show... they did 10 Broadway show tunes, and it was great... having only been together for a month, it was pretty good!! And she had a blast... she can't wait to be involved in a local children's theatre this fall.

What impressed us most was that the program was run by alumni from our high school... and we had alumni at the outdoor band concert yesterday, too... makes us feel pretty good about the kids our school is turning out! They did a great job with the young ones, and were pretty talented themselves!

See you all in the morning... to all and Kate -- try to stay awake, okay??

'nite!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

My good news is that I did better then I expected for my year!!! Our sales were up 6% and I was hoping for 3%!!!
    Way to go, Carol!!
    No thanks.... I don't like Starbucks. But you can call me if you stop at Dunkin Doughnuts.
    Deal ???
    We don't have Dunkin Doughnuts around here anymore. Does that mean we can never have coffee? How 'bout I do Starbucks, while you are at Dunkin Doughnuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Nope, we've got lots... like 5 at each desk... pretty scarey, actually...
    Is that kinda like texting the person you are sitting next to?

Guess what? Tomorrow's Friday!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[
    i am.

we mud wrestle for the right to talk to you guys. do you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    We are!!

Sending luck your way... hahahahahaha.....

I told you to watch out for him....

!!!!!!!!! (How many days 'til our trip????)

See you all in the morning... to all and Kate -- try to stay awake, okay??

'nite!!
    i don't know but i think its 175. i just printed off the pressed penny list. and yesterday i sorted my pennies by year. oh yes the **** planning begins early. i have 2months, 2 weeks till my oct trip.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

pogo Guest

We don't have Dunkin Doughnuts around here anymore. Does that mean we can never have coffee? How 'bout I do Starbucks, while you are at Dunkin Doughnuts?
    I'm afraid it isn't going to work out between us. I hope you understand....... and I don't want to hurt you, but if I ever was at DD you'd still be and when you are at Starbucks, I'm working or golfing. So as much as I hate to say it..... it's over between us ! Can you handle that ??????

we mud wrestle for the right to talk to you guys. do you believe that?
    Why not..... I know Blythe and I don't think it's beyond you.

OK gang... I've got to get to bed. I've got a real busy day tomorrow with more study and certifications. See you all in the morning !

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid it isn't going to work out between us. I hope you understand....... and I don't want to hurt you, but if I ever was at DD you'd still be and when you are at Starbucks, I'm working or golfing. So as much as I hate to say it..... it's over between us ! Can you handle that ??????
    Pogo, you are such a tease!
    Would I have better luck with a Lapu Lapu?
    Come on Pogo...ya know ya want one....

Where's Ellen been? I haven't seen her around much.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello my little precious ones! I was hoping I would get a free minute this evening to catch up with you all. I miss each and every one of you like crazy It's been so hectic that I'm just now getting two minutes to myself and it's already half past midnight. I'm hoping to catch up in the morning, I think I would fall asleep at the computer if I tried right now. Can someone save me some juice in the morning? I will provide the fat-free, calorie-free, sugar-free, guilt-free french toast and assorted fruit for those who want it.

Super size and love to all!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

just a quick zooop to say, i just had a baby. i'm working hard tonite. i'm ready for breakfast already, what are we having this morning?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' all!

Pogo go study!

If Kate and Blythe are "working " together , who is really working?

Wow, I didn't notice I had grown so much!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Have you had your partial eclipse yet? ours is all over and happened behind clouds

I am 110 days away from my trip and a few more days before I see you all. If anyone was having accommodation problems I think I have a week stashed in International that could get used - does a two bed for a week for about $200 sound good?

We are off to Bury St Edmonds this weekend. No, I don't mean we are going to bury him, thats just the name of the town
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

pogo Guest

Good morning all........ and

HAPPY FRIDAY !

This is the day most of you have been looking forward too !

Pogo, you are such a tease!
    Would I have better luck with a Lapu Lapu?
    Come on Pogo...ya know ya want one....
    Oh Cindy.....I'm sorry.... there is nothing that you can offer me to keep our affair going...... EXCEPT A LAPU LAPU ! Bring it on Baby !
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Hello my little precious ones! I was hoping I would get a free minute this evening to catch up with you all. I miss each and every one of you like crazy It's been so hectic that I'm just now getting two minutes to myself and it's already half past midnight. I'm hoping to catch up in the morning, I think I would fall asleep at the computer if I tried right now. Can someone save me some juice in the morning? I will provide the fat-free, calorie-free, sugar-free, guilt-free french toast and assorted fruit for those who want it.
    First of all........ take care of yourself while your busy taking care of others. I've got the juice for you in the fridge..... help yourself.

just a quick zooop to say, i just had a baby. i'm working hard tonite. i'm ready for breakfast already, what are we having this morning?

kate
    Thank God you remembered your question this time or you'd be eating crow this morning again.

I left some Blueberry muffins on the counter for you..... right next to the tape measure.

Wow, I didn't notice I had grown so much!
    Good question ! I think Blythe was last night and Kate was flying solo !

Yeah baby....... 14K is a lot of Congratulations. Do you really post in your sleep ???

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I am 110 days away from my trip and a few more days before I see you all. If anyone was having accommodation problems I think I have a week stashed in International that could get used - does a two bed for a week for about $200 sound good?
    Wow..... I've still got 133 days ! It sounds like forever.

$200 sounds pretty cheap. What do you mean by International ??

I'm off to work this morning get certified in another product today.... only three more to go after that. See you all later.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, Pogo!!!

Kate....I'm impressed, you had a baby and kept on working!!!

for you Traci!! Take care of yourself.

Congrats on 14K, Deb.

I had an idea...do you think we should have a birthday celebration at our meet, since we do have at least 3 birthdays? It'll be Nat's, Dan's and my birthday in Dec. (I actually like to have a reason to really party, besides getting together with my friends!!!!)
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo good luck with your exam. (don't forget to send the luck back on Tuesday for mine ok?)

Deb congrats on your milestone. Mikki I hope your weekend goes well. It's nice to see you around. (I'm very excited about at least part of our stay since I'm hoping we will be close to Ben & Ellen. and speaking of Ellen I hope your doing well I was thinking of you yesterday girl!)

T & G...I'm a huge starbucks fan so it doesn't matter what time you want to go I'm all in. Somehow I just discovered the cafe mista which is a coffee latte (instead of expresso really) and half the cost of a latte latte..I'm in coffee overload half the time. Truly most of the time it's the service...the people at the one I go to the most now already know me, know my morning drink and what I'm likely to order in the afternoon and how I like my coffee ground. It's great!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers The coffee and hot water where prepped last night and so ought to be ready for our pleasure this am.
    Also juices and sodas for those who haven't tried hot beverages. Where those blueberry muffins earmarked for a certain person? So why are there so many of them here?
    Today's my Sunday even though it's Friday. Spending the day at a park sounds awefully good. So where shall we decide where we're going to eat after the rollercoaster?
    Who dares go ride a coaster wit' me?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

good question, i wonder that myself sometimes.

Thank God you remembered your question this time or you'd be eating crow this morning again.

I left some Blueberry muffins on the counter for you..... right next to the tape measure.

Good question ! I think Blythe was last night and Kate was flying solo !
    yes i remembered my question. did you think i would forget again?? thanks for the blueberry muffin- fat free and sugar free. how thoughtful of you . and you can put that tape measure away, you

Kate....I'm impressed, you had a baby and kept on working!!! I
    i'm tough. however we will not discuss the rest of the night. this is a family board and my language would be inappropriate. i am off to sleep. because i have to do it all over again tonite . i really don't like 3 12s in a row. i'm getting too old.

and i forgot who asked about a roller coaster this morning but count me in. i love them.

have a good day everyone
    kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm pretty mad right now I got a ticket today by one of the stupid speed vans that we have in the city. Basically an unmanned van that they park on the side of the road that takes a picture of your license plate and then send you a ticket. I knew it has popped me when I saw it, I was just hoping it wasn't radaring our lane. It just stinks really, $75 that I could be spending on our trip. Oh well.
    Sarah, sorry about the ticket. No fun!

I had the card in my car, I just couldn't focus well enough right after the accident to give the right card to the officer.
    You know I never thought about that one. Glad that it was dismissed Deb. They should know after an accident that you'd be well a little nervous etc. Glad that everything was okay.

I do like the dole whips but admit to liking the frozen bannana's better then the mickey bars. Is that againt the JQU rules?
    Yummy frozen banana. I could eat a bunch of those. They can have Mickey bars, we will eat all the frozen banana's, okay?

I love frozen bananas!!!

Yeah, another frozen banana lover.

Congrats Carol on your sales for the year. That is great news!

I'm off to work this morning get certified in another product today.... only three more to go after that. See you all later.
    Good luck!

Kate....I'm impressed, you had a baby and kept on working!!!

Congrats on 14K, Deb.
    Me too Carol, me too. Congrats Kate on going back to work.

Congrats Deb on 14K. Excellent.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! Happy Friday!!

We're up... .sort of, and ready for our weekend at the beach! Just simply sitting on my couch in my PJs at 8:15 on a Friday is pretty cool right now!

We're presently just hoping to keep the pesky rain away and get some sun time in, that would be very nice! Keeping those fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Jamie, thank-you for being you and being a good friend. I will have a grand time. Planning on seeing Jeanne too, so I'll make sure to give her a hug for you. Tell Rob to feel better.
    Ah shucks! Darlin', you know I'm always here for you!

Rob on the other hand, currently working on getting his butt out of bed. He's fighting it, as usual.

So I'm pretty mad right now. I got a ticket today by one of the stupid speed vans that we have in the city.

I'm just hanging out before my exercise class. Hope you all are having a great night to you all!
    Sarah, that really stinks! Sorry to hear about the ticket. But do hope the exercise class went well. You're doing great!

I had to go to traffic court today. If you remember my acccidentJune 26th - I couldn't find my insurance card, so I had a court date to show proof of insurance - even though the accident was not my fault. My case was dismissed .
    Sorry about the accident mess, Deb, but glad it was dismissed! yay you!

I agree. The pirate theming just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the tropical theming.
    Glad I'm not the only one!!

Certification to sell Medicare Advantage Plans for Wellcare. You must score a 90% to pass ! I scored a 96 !
    Woo hoo! Yay pogo!!!

Carol, unbelievable how people can be. How can they expect to even be considered for a job, or keep it should you give it to them, if they can't even make it to or through an interview!

Congrats on the sales though! Woo!

Guess what? Tomorrow's Friday!!!
    Speaking of Friday... anyone looking for a reason to party?
    Surfin the Net Spectacular!

Male Drama... pitiful...

Hey Mikki! Great to see ya!
    Where's Ellen hiding?? Come out, come out wherever you are...

Anywho, I best get my butt moving. We've got lots of food prepped for the trip, but we still need to pack, figure out all what we need to bring and hopefully not forget anything..yeah right!

Have a great weekend everyone! See you on Monday, most likely. Keep an eye on the Friday party, will ya? Thanks! Later!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: