Quantcast Wait times

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Wait times

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wait times

We are going to WDW in may 09'. (The week after Memorial Day weekend). I know it probably depends on the popularity of the ride, but could someone give me some idea of the wait times, say for the most popular rides?

TIA
    DaisyGirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it all depends on several things. How many in your party...(do you have to stay together, or can you do single rider lines)? Do you have access to Fast Pass...(we've never waited over 5 - 10 min for ANY attraction). How early do you plan on arriving @ the park...(the earlier you get there, the better the chance for shorter waits on anything). Can you use the rider switch pass...(if you have young children who can't go on the attraction, 1 parent can ride, and then switch up, so both can ride, and the child is not left w/o a parent) Wait times are minimal as you go thru the fastpass line. So you see, there are many ways to avoid long wait times. If we have to wait more than 15 min for an attraction, we've waited too long!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

There will be 4 of us, me, the only adult, DD12,DS10,DD8, so we will have to stay together. I plan on being at the park at open. The main park I am concerned about is the MK. We will be at the MK a total of 4 days.
    DaisyGirl

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the more popular rides such as Space Mountain, The POTC, and Buzz Lightyear can get quite a long standby line. Make good use of the fast passes and try some of the busier rides at different times. Sometimes the crowds are not as bad while the parade is going on. If the standby line is longer than 15 minutes we usually try back later. The Pooh ride and Peter Pan's Flight also seem to be some of the longest waits available.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the ride, when we were there in 2005 the wait for Soarin was 2 hours....a coworker went last month and told me it was 1 1/2 hour for Toy Story Mania

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Use FP as much as possible. May is hit or miss because of school. Some schools get out early and some colleges are done early so it can be busy or it could be dead. Again, FP will be your savior.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We went that week in 2007, and we didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything except PoC; that was 25 minutes, but it was pouring the rain and we were dry. We had a great touring plan, and we stuck to it. We arrived before opening and used FP.

That said, the standby wait times got to 90 and even 120 minutes for the popular rides like Splash, Space Mtn, Soarin, EE, etc. We just didn't "standby".
    2008 - Thanksgiving at WDW!
    2007 - Memorial week at Pop Century
    2007 - DH surprised me for our 10th at Pop
    2005 - CBR in August
    2004 - ASMo with my boys!
    1997 - CBR Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone...this is our very first post!!! Just joined today! As for wait times, as many of you have said, they vary depending on the time of year and time of day. We have found it helpful to come up with a "game plan" every night after we return to our hotel room. As a family, we prioritize what attraction cannot be missed and we head directly to it at the very minute the park opens. If convenient, we send another family member to FP a nearby attraction so that we can hit two things very quickly. After leaving the first attraction, we head to another, hopefully before the FP window has passed and before the lines get very long. I know it doesn't sound very spontaneous but we always manage to see alot without terrible wait times. We're leaving in......13 days for yet another visit...YAY!!!!Staying at POFQ for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

We've went the past two years in early May and haven't had a problem. Lines do get long from about 11-2ish but we always either has FPs or took a break then. I know the weeks are a little off for you but I don't think you'll find the crowds too hard to manage. Just utilize FP as much as possible!
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: