Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 28

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    The itch has gotten a lot better. Patti got home from work tonight and said I almost looked human......
    Nope, not going there!
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    Ok..so here it goes....
    I got the Job!! I got the Job!!!
    Congrats Michelle, I hope it's a perfect fit for you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Yeah!!! No pee the other night!!!! How did it go last night?
    Last night went well, another night with no pee. We're still going to take a look at Mike's Sister's doggie door since we don't want this to be a problem again, but at least for right now we seem to have a handle on it.

So today is actually my Friday as I'm off tomorrow I have a lot of things to get done tomorrow, but they're aren't at work. What's everybody else got planned today? I'm hoping it will be a smooth, quiet day and I can let the weekend begin!! Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    btw - in case nobody's noticed the similarity in kate's and my signatures -- she's one of the Disney crazies from work I'm going w/ in January!!
    Sounds like a fun trip! I went 2 years ago with a girlfriend of mine, I was such a baby that I was homesick every day for the kids and Bruce and swore that I would never go without at least one of them again. It sure was a rough nine days. But of course the location made it easier to take.

The itch has gotten a lot better. Patti got home from work tonight and said I almost looked human......
    Nope, I'm not even going touch that one.....

What time zone are you in ????? You sure go to bed early.
    Well right now I live in the "Baby-kept-us-up-all-night-he's-not-squawking-now-so-hit-the-sack quick" time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    ohhhh noooooo. she lead me to the dark side. she showed me this site. its alllllll her fault. thanks for all the pixie dust. work is ok tonite. hope it continues. i don't have cookies, will a ham sandwich do??

kate
    Isn't the dark side great???? Can I take the ham off my sandwich? I hope you had a great night at work!

Ok..so here it goes....
    I can't tell you how happy I am for you!!!! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Glad you stumbled onto them... we did make a nice pillow for your landing, right?
    As a matter of fact you did, I couldn't have asked for a better place to land.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    See you all tomorrow! Gotta run. Do you remember what I said about the first couple of weeks of school?
    Good to see you Deb, Have fun with all the little kiddies. and BTW, thanks for choosing such a wonderful job, we all owe you a huge thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Pogo perhaps human is slightly below your normal godlike physique? (I know everyone but we really don't want him running away again do we?)
    Wow, is it getting deep in here?

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    I'm out most of today, tennis this morning and then we go to London but are catching a train back this evening. Is it all the new people bringing out the chatitis?
    Good to see you Mikki, I haven't played tennis in years, now you've got it on my mind, I'll have to dig out the racket and make a fool of myself.

Well, the past 2 days have mostly been spent inside the house, mostly due to the rainy weather - which is weird for the middle of summer.

Ben had a fever most of Tuesday, we were up giving him a cool bath at midnight ...poor little guy was just not himself either. He had a better day yesterday but was still a little on the warm side.

Today is going to be busy, Brandon has a pre-kindergarten 'playdate' at the school in the morning and then we are off to a playdate with friends in the afternoon for a luncheon.
    I hope Ben is doing better and Brandon has a good time at his playdate. It's been raining here too, we had bad t-storms all night.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Because I woke up this am with a migrain, and my sinuses are congested also. And that's why my nose looks poofy err puffy I mean.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Well folks, not much going on here today, if we can run between the raindrops we will go check out luggage for our Set trip, I read the new baggage rules, I'm scared! I just know I'll go over. BTW does anyone know anything about sending stuff down before you go?

to all and to those who need it.
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Last night went well, another night with no pee. We're still going to take a look at Mike's Sister's doggie door since we don't want this to be a problem again, but at least for right now we seem to have a handle on it.
    Hope it holds out!
    So today is actually my Friday as I'm off tomorrow
    Gotta love the four day work week!
    Did anyone bring doughnuts?

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Did anyone bring doughnuts?
    What would you like? Chocolate frosted? Powdered? Glazed?

Congrats on the job Michele!

Good morning everyone. Looks to be a beautiful day here, hope it is where you live, and make it magical.

Fresh coffee, tea, and ice cold milk to go along with those donuts.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all.... I hope your day is starting out all 's!

work is still good. bow before me, for i am in charge tonite(whatever where they thinking, putting me in charge??). i got all my charge duties done before 3am and i have no checkbook to balance(blythe will get that one).

its a little early but i'll start the coffee for the am. i suppose i could make doughnuts too.
    So charge nurse -- what did you do w/o a checkbook??? And whyfore were you a charge person? I thought that was a floatpool "bennie", not having to do that overpaid job.... I have so far successfully avoided every attempt they have made to make me "grow up"....

Thanks for the doughnuts! Hope you're sleeping well...

Ah.... that explains this post..... wine !

...and I'm not scratching anymore!
    It explains a lot more than just that post....

Yeah! Now what will you do to keep yourself distracted???

Good morning JQ'ers just checking on the machines.

Because I woke up this am with a migrain, and my sinuses are congested also. And that's why my nose looks poofy err puffy I mean.
    Wow, late start for you Sandy... I hope your migraine goes away!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    ....but my seasonal passed is blocked today anyway.
    How do they block a "seasonal" pass??? Not nice....

What's everybody else got planned today?
    Not much, and yet a lot!! Just house stuff and e-bay stuff... I want everything listed by the weekend. I'm crossing my fingers it all sells -- I don't want to have to refill all those boxes in the basement!! (And it's all Disney $$$, too, so here's to hoping! )

Sounds like a fun trip! I went 2 years ago with a girlfriend of mine, I was such a baby that I was homesick every day for the kids and Bruce and swore that I would never go without at least one of them again. It sure was a rough nine days. But of course the location made it easier to take.

Well right now I live in the "Baby-kept-us-up-all-night-he's-not-squawking-now-so-hit-the-sack quick" time zone.
    It ought to be a great trip.... it's only for 3 nights/4 days, but I think it'll be SO fun! Dan was rolling his eyes at me a few weeks ago when we were doing some December planning and I said, "It'll be so sad when we get back... gosh, I won't get to go back for a whole....5 WEEKS!!!" I'm sure it'll never happen that way again, though, so I'm going to be sure to enjoy it!!

Okay, I'm off to get some work done... no more procrastinating. Have a great day, all -- I'll check in later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Funny story about husbands "agreeing" with wives before the wedding -- we were doing the "registry" thing and I loved a certain silverware pattern, he liked a different one. After looking at them for awhile, the woman helping us asked what we thought, and Dan answered, "20 years from now, I'm never going to remember which pattern I preferred. 20 years from now, she will -- she chooses!"
    That is too funny and so true! Hope u get all your ebaying done and that they sell sell sell.

we are going to be there 0ct 15-20. a short trip but i needed one.
    Ohhh we are going to miss u. Were going the 1st -5th.

Glad to hear that u are not scratching anymore. Hope u feel better.

That is so awesome Michelle. Congrats!

I read your post about hot cocoa yesterday, and then I saw Gregs' about the caramel cocoa...and it was rainy and drizzly here - it has been since last Saturday. Anyway, I decided that I TOO needed a glass of cocoa ....I added a bit my favorite Baileys with mint!!! It made the afternoon feel a lot better!
    Ben had a fever most of Tuesday.Today is going to be busy, Brandon has a pre-kindergarten 'playdate' at the school in the morning and then we are off to a playdate with friends in the afternoon for a luncheon.
    I hope Ben feels better and Brandon has fun on his playdate. That Baileys sounds good. Can I have some?

Because I woke up this am with a migrain, and my sinuses are congested also.
    Sandy I hope u feel better. Migrains are horrible. Excedrin works for me sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    What would you like? Chocolate frosted? Powdered? Glazed?
    Good morning everyone. Looks to be a beautiful day here, hope it is where you live, and make it magical.
    You are so lucky it is pouring here! We have had thunderstorms for the last 2 days. I would love a chocolate glazed. Yum.

Is anyone else stuck out in the rain too?
    ~Ashley~
    ~ºOº 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF ºOº~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

How do they block a "seasonal" pass??? Not nice....
    Seasonal means there are block out dates....pretty much the week before/after Christmas, the month of March and the beginning of June through the middle of August. It's a lot cheaper than a regular year round pass.....but on days like these, I wish I had one!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouture View Post
    You're outside on a computer in the rain? Yikes!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, all, just a quick zoop this morning w/ my
    Funny how much life can change in a day. I've been working on a project and just the the preliminary for it yesterday then I get an email this a.m. from a good friend who is asking me to join her practice. I am so tired of academia (sorry JQU ) Bad news is I would have to be SO much more careful with what I say and do online. May even need an alias.
    Needing today... no not for my project, though that would be nice, not for the job, yes, I think I really want to do this but for my delivery --- not that kind of delivery.... I ordered that camera for our trip and it was back ordered and I'm waiting for it and right now it's about 6 hours away (it left Mesquite Tx about 3am) so I'm hoping it comes tomorrow. Yes, I have my priorities huh?

Ok..so here it goes....
    SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit) we take care of post open-heart, heart and lung and liver transplants and a mish-mash of other major surgeries.
    Oh btw..does anyone now have a cure for the itch of the healing and peeling sunburn?
    Congrats with the job. That is so exciting. My ex was a hosp. administrator and I was the one who bought the ice chests (igloo of course) for the OR for the open heart. That's the closest I have been to an OR... sounds exciting.
    I agree with the aveeno bath. The oatmeal is supposed to be soothing. We use a lot of aloe here. Remember when you have a sunburn to take a cool shower, as cold as you can stand it. It's supposed to help reduce the burn.
    such a gift.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Zoop over... I ended up finally crashing this afternoon at around 4:30 (don't ask me when... I feel asleep at my puter). My project continues to be the "gift that keeps on giving" but we do have a launch date. Hopefully, this time I won't end up feeling like a bride left at the altar again.
    Do take care, I won't be here next week to remind you to sleep I'm so confused w/ this project. Are you and Rhonda working on the same thing? Good luck to both of you. I'm just getting my feet wet with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    See you all tomorrow! Gotta run. Do you remember what I said about the first couple of weeks of school?
    No

Have a great weekend...Glad you had a night w/ no pee. My little guy can make it through the night but I do kennel him every night to help ease the temptation to relieve himself.
    I know how frustrating it can be.

hugs to all.... (cuz I promised POGO I'd be nice) A lot to do today!!
    Thanks to all who posted on my pre-trip report.
    Anyone want to slip in my suitcase?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I woke up this am with a migrain, and my sinuses are congested also.

Say Rhonda how's the weather in your neck o' the woods?
    Sorry about your migraine. I had one Sunday/Monday. I hope yours doesn't last as long!

And, as far as my weather, it's hot and dry. Texas is just too big for Dolly to give us any rain (and we could use some too).

to everyone! What's for lunch today? I think I'm going to the mall to get Robert's annual pass voucher at the Disney store, so I'll probably pick something up there.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Zoop! Just a quick note to let you guys know that my Godson, Lucien was on the front page again, he got to meet his idol, Big Papi! How cool is that?
    Here is one of the pics.
    Isn't he just a dool? He was abandoned in Haiti they left him to die after the director of the orphanage spent all of the money (and not on them) anyway, he's thriving now!

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Zoop! Just a quick note to let you guys know that my Godson, Lucien was on the front page again, he got to meet his idol, Big Papi! How cool is that?
    Here is one of the pics.
    Isn't he just a dool? He was abandoned in Haiti they left him to die after the director of the orphanage spent all of the money (and not on them) anyway, he's thriving now!
    That rocks I Big Papi!!!!!!!! I can't look at the pic at work it's blocked but I'll look later. I know you told us before but I forget....why did your godson get to meet him? That's really awesome though!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well to continue the good news here on this thread, it looks like I have FINALLY been ACCEPTED to the English teacher position at the Hagwon (English after-school program) where I applied at the beginning of the month!
    I am going to think about it for another week or so, and really consider all my options (like there really are any...haha!), and make a decision by the end of next week. For the following 4 weeks, I will be deciding what to do with my car, my phone, buying a laptop, deciding what to pack, and MAYBE planning a WDW trip and a short trip to CA to visit friends. I am even trying to get another New England Meet in before I leave.
    Anyway, overall, it's really good news, and I think this is a REALLY good opportunity for me...I am just very nervous and anxious about starting (and probably will be until I leave!). I've never been a teacher before...but the job sounds so rewarding and such a great opportunity for me...and I'm pretty sure I would be able to be successful...hey why not??
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everybody! Happy mid-day Thursday! Just doesn't have the same ring as Happy Friday, huh? Well hopefully tomorrow in general will have a better ring... I'll get to that in a moment...

Be sure to come visit us after you've had some of that wine& meds....

Sounds like Rob and my DH went to the same school... I asked him if he was happyt he other day and he said "yes, in spite of myself"... he says I force the fun out of him.

Funny story about husbands "agreeing" with wives before the wedding -- we were doing the "registry" thing and I loved a certain silverware pattern, he liked a different one. After looking at them for awhile, the woman helping us asked what we thought, and Dan answered, "20 years from now, I'm never going to remember which pattern I preferred. 20 years from now, she will -- she chooses!" She laughed so hard, and said she was going to remember that to tell all her new couples. We still laugh about it to this day!
    That's a cute story... and so true! Rob can't remember much of anything we picked out, even thought it was just a year ago! OK, I'll give more credit than that, he just needs a reminder at this point.

Ok..so here it goes....

Jamie..I notice you are in Niceville..one of my good friends lives in Crestview. She works at Twin Cities!
    Michelle, Congrats on the job! Best of luck to you working out all the details!

Twin Cities hospital? I can walk to it from my house! That is so cool that you actually know what Niceville is, much less have someone who is local! What a small world... but please, can I trust everyone to NOT start singing?!? I really can't stand that song!

How are the hives today? More importantly, how was the ?

Awesome job training Rob! Jay is pretty much there!
    Lea-Ann, feeling much better, thanks for asking! I still have some lingering itching, but at least it's going away, as it's been a couple days since I've taken benadryl, so that's good.

The wine and the company were wonderful! Getting there was a little harder (hence the drama I mentioned earlier).

I normally talk to Rob for a bit in the mornings while we're both driving in. So i get this weird text message that he's on the phone with his boss... at 7:15 yesterday morning and says he'll call when he can. Fast forward 5 hours, and he finally gets off of the phone. I'll spare you all the boring details, but end result, he gets the day off while some administrative stuff gets worked out. So he's at home at this point. He's supposed to be coming out here to Pensacola for the dinner with my cousins. So he's shooting to get here at 4:30. Well it comes and goes, I have no word from him. I finally get hold of him, he's still driving, and tells me he got in a bit of a bumper scratcher on the way. Nothing huge, everyone was ok (except for my front bumper, since he was driving my car, and the other girl's rear bumper) and we now get to sort out the details of getting the other girl's bumper replaced. Hopefully all goes well that we can just pay it out of pocket and not involve the insurance company, that's just a can of worms I don't want to go near.

So... here I am today, just kinda achy from worrying about the details of all this, even though I know we are OK for paying for it and all, I just want to get it all done with! So hopefully I'll feel a bit better come tomorrow... we'll see.

Anyway, sorry to get long winded there.

So today is actually my Friday as I'm off tomorrow I have a lot of things to get done tomorrow, but they're aren't at work. What's everybody else got planned today? I'm hoping it will be a smooth, quiet day and I can let the weekend begin!! Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later
    Sarah, Congrats on the good doggy night and Happy Friday to you! Enjoy the long weekend.

hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs all around! I better get back to working here, gotta find that focus thing.
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one of the pics.
    Yay for Lucien! What a cool experience and so glad he's doing so well!

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Well to continue the good news here on this thread, it looks like I have FINALLY been ACCEPTED to the English teacher position at the Hagwon (English after-school program) where I applied at the beginning of the month!
    I am going to think about it for another week or so, and really consider all my options (like there really are any...haha!), and make a decision by the end of next week. For the following 4 weeks, I will be deciding what to do with my car, my phone, buying a laptop, deciding what to pack, and MAYBE planning a WDW trip and a short trip to CA to visit friends. I am even trying to get another New England Meet in before I leave.
    Anyway, overall, it's really good news, and I think this is a REALLY good opportunity for me...I am just very nervous and anxious about starting (and probably will be until I leave!). I've never been a teacher before...but the job sounds so rewarding and such a great opportunity for me...and I'm pretty sure I would be able to be successful...hey why not??
    Congrats on the position Greg! That has to be such a relief for you! Best of luck!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, just another quick zoop in today. I am still not back on my feet from overdoing things over the weekend and first part of this week, and then this morning I got to spend most of my time in the doctor office and emergency room.

Overnight I started up with blood in my urine again and they have determined that I have kidney stones again. At this point they have just sent me home and said stay in bed. If things don't get better in the next day or so they will probably admit me to the hospital and either try lasers or do surgery to remove them.

All I have to say at this point is that I am so sick and tired of being sick that I could just scream. As my wife said this morning "if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!"

Anyway, does anyone have a fool proof remedy for passing kidney stones?

Post Thanks / Like

So charge nurse -- what did you do w/o a checkbook??? And whyfore were you a charge person? I thought that was a floatpool "bennie", not having to do that overpaid job.... I have so far successfully avoided every attempt they have made to make me "grow up"....
    some of us don't shirk our responsibllilites
    i started doing charge about 2 years ago. i used to so it in the icu and i was frustrated watching stupid people do charge. its not that hard. of course i would never do charge on L+D, ick. way tooooooo much responsiblilty. see ya tonite. now what were we going to talk about??
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouture View Post
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]
    Ohhh we are going to miss u. Were going the 1st -5th.
    sorry to miss you, warm up the place for us will you. thanks.

You are so lucky it is pouring here! We have had thunderstorms for the last 2 days. I would love a chocolate glazed. Yum.

yes thunderstorm just woke me up, so i zooped in here. will be going back to bed because i have to be at work at 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Have a great weekend...Glad you had a night w/ no pee. My little guy can make it through the night but I do kennel him every night to help ease the temptation to relieve himself.
    I know how frustrating it can be.

hugs to all.... (cuz I promised POGO I'd be nice) A lot to do today!!
    Thanks to all who posted on my pre-trip report.
    Anyone want to slip in my suitcase?
    great news on the no pee. and yes slip me in the suitcase please(i'd hate to see that weight charge)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    . I finally get hold of him, he's still driving, and tells me he got in a bit of a bumper scratcher on the way. Nothing huge, everyone was ok (except for my front bumper, since he was driving my car, and the other girl's rear bumper) and we now get to sort out the details of getting the other girl's bumper replaced.
    good luck with the car, and i'm very happy no one was injured.

kate
    p.s. do you think i have the hang on the multiquote yet??
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    That rocks I Big Papi!!!!!!!! I can't look at the pic at work it's blocked but I'll look later. I know you told us before but I forget....why did your godson get to meet him? That's really awesome though!
    OK, the clif notes version is as follows. He was born with cerebral palsy 6 years ago in Haiti. His mother could not afford his care. (the average wage in Haiti is $300-$400 a YEAR!) so she gave him up to the orphanage. The director misused funds and went broke. She abandoned Lucien and one other boy after finding places for the rest of the children. Guerilla (sp?) not the apes, the soldiers, came in, stole all of the furniture, including the crib Lucien was in and left the two boys to die. By luck someone stumbled across them days later and took them to another orphanage. The director of this one did basically the same thing and the orphanage was shut down, but not before my girlfriend Lori saw his picture through an organization to adopt him. Some senators and other influential people were able to help get his visa and get him here. He will soon officially be a member of our wierd family! Poor kid.
    I fell in love with him at first sight. Who wouldn't?

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

OK, the clif notes version is as follows. He was born with cerebral palsy 6 years ago in Haiti. His mother could not afford his care. (the average wage in Haiti is $300-$400 a YEAR!) so she gave him up to the orphanage. The director misused funds and went broke. She abandoned Lucien and one other boy after finding places for the rest of the children. Guerilla (sp?) not the apes, the soldiers, came in, stole all of the furniture, including the crib Lucien was in and left the two boys to die. By luck someone stumbled across them days later and took them to another orphanage. The director of this one did basically the same thing and the orphanage was shut down, but not before my girlfriend Lori saw his picture through an organization to adopt him. Some senators and other influential people were able to help get his visa and get him here. He will soon officially be a member of our wierd family! Poor kid.
    WOW, what a life this young man has had so far! You and your friends should be commended for reaching out to a child in need like that. It would be difficult enough taking in a 6 year old from another country without the health issues but knowing that he is coming in with those challenges it is really remarkable what you all are doing!

Now, who took my question? I know I left it laying on the table but it isn't there anymore. Oh well, maybe I will find it later.

So what is on everyone's plate for supper tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Congrats Greg, I sure hope everything works out for you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Hey all, just another quick zoop in today. I am still not back on my feet from overdoing things over the weekend and first part of this week, and then this morning I got to spend most of my time in the doctor office and emergency room.
    Oh Jasper, for you. So sorry you're going through all of this. Mike had a HUGE (1 1/2" in diameter) stone in his kidney a few years ago that they had to surgically remove through a tube in his back. We then found out he has a genetic condition that makes him produce these mondo sized stones, but what a pain. Hopefully you get to feeling better soon!
    Bless his little heart. What a difficult way to start out his little life, I'm sure now he has the best home and family.

So how's the afternoon treating everyone? I'm pretty good, just waiting to get out of here. I went to Target this lunch hour to find a dress for my friend's wedding on Saturday. I hate shopping for clothes, especially a dress. I swear if I had anything in my closet even remotely appropriate I wouldn't go out and buy anything else. Well I tried on five things that made me look like a moose and almost gave up. I saw this dress before I walked out and decided to try it on and it actually looked pretty cute. So, thank goodness that is one less thing I have to worry about.

Well, I'll check in later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Mike had a HUGE (1 1/2" in diameter) stone in his kidney a few years ago that they had to surgically remove through a tube in his back. We then found out he has a genetic condition that makes him produce these mondo sized stones, but what a pain. Hopefully you get to feeling better soon!

I hate shopping for clothes, especially a dress. I swear if I had anything in my closet even remotely appropriate I wouldn't go out and buy anything else. Well I tried on five things that made me look like a moose and almost gave up. I saw this dress before I walked out and decided to try it on and it actually looked pretty cute. So, thank goodness that is one less thing I have to worry about.
    Wow those are some huge stones! I don't know exactly how big mine are but they are not nearly that huge. I can only imagine how that must hurt!

I agree, I just hate dress shopping as well! But my wife makes up for my lack of interest!! So do you ever drag your husband along with you when you go clothes shopping? As a piece of advice from a man to all women, if you want peace and harmony in your home then please try to remember that most men would rather have a root canal done then have to go clothes shopping with the lady in their life. That's because there is no safe way for us to answer that eternal question "do I look fat/good in this?" No matter how we answer it is bound to be wrong.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: