Quantcast Dining Credits used for Anyone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Credits used for Anyone?

Hi! We are not getting the dining plan b/c BIL is a CM and we won't have tickets. Can another family member who goes with us, pay for our meal with extra meal plan credits. They are on the DDP and have extra credits (It would do us both good if we just paid them for the credits and used them rather than wasting them).
    Thanks!
    Jen
    S-O-UTH F-L-O-R-IDA! South Florida, South Florida, GO BULLS!!!

August 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2007: Polynesian
    Feb. 2006: Pop Century
    Before that many day trips and too many to list!!! I've been going since I was 3!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing but with a different twist. My husband is coming down after we check in and will be added on to the room when he comes down. We have the DLXDP and was wondering if I can use some of my credits for him also. He won't be on the DDP because he is arriving after us and I wasn't aware he was coming when I made the reservations.
    Thanks for posting a great question!
    8/08 POP (DH is coming too!)
    5/08 Day Trip (DH 1st Trip!!!)
    8/07 - Poly
    10/04, 8/05, 8/06 - POP
    6/01, 11/08 - POR
    8/99, 8/00, 2/03, 8/10 - ASMovies
    7/96 - CB
    6/93 - CR
    11/81 - Golf Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, No and I think trying to do so might be considered cheating the system. Disney has tried to squash this sort of thing a year or more ago to prevent abuse. They have specific rules now that specify only the number of credits can be used as per the number of people on the dining plan at a time. So, if their dining plan has 4 people attached to it, they would only be able to use 4 credits (max) at that particular meal.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly certain that you are not supposed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyrellinut View Post
    I was wondering the same thing but with a different twist. My husband is coming down after we check in and will be added on to the room when he comes down. We have the DLXDP and was wondering if I can use some of my credits for him also. He won't be on the DDP because he is arriving after us and I wasn't aware he was coming when I made the reservations.
    Thanks for posting a great question!
    Have you made your reservations yet? Because all of the people on a reservation (in one room) must be on the same package plan. As far as I know this rule has not changed and you may find that they will not allow you to add on your DH when he arrives, as part of the package.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking from experience with the dining plan last year, I think the only way it would work is if you did CS meals. TS meals wouldn't work because they know how many people are on the dining plan. But if you did CS you may be able to get away with it, but only if you ate at like 2 different places. Lets say 3 people wanted to eat at like The Lunching Pad, then if you walked over to another CS location and got your meal, it would work. They pretty much just take all your CS meals, TS meals and Snacks into 3 piles.. its not designated to be per person. So one person could have 10 snacks and the other person on the plan only use 5 because the first person used his.. they don't know who uses what and when they used it. I know my aunt and cousin were on one dining plan together and they got like 6 snacks at one time.. even though they only had 2 people on the dining plan. So it is possible to share credits but I'm not condoning it. Disney frowns upon it, but I don't think they can stop it.. unfortunately.
    ~I married my best friend! September 16, 2006 ~
    May 1995' - Off site condo
    Feb. 1999' - Off site rental house
    Christmas 2000' - All Star Movies
    Sept. 2005' - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 - POP Century - Free Dining!!
    Upcoming trip:
    Labor Day 2008 - POR - Free Dining again!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we were allowed to use adult table service credits for my 4 year old nephew when my BIL wasn't there with us. He didn't like/want anything on the kids menu so they allowed him to use the adult credits. And we were very up front that we were using them for him, not for an adult.
    But I'm not sure if you can do what you are asking since you would all be at the same meal. I've also heard of people having credits left and paying for a random stranger's meal to use up the credit.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

They are only supposed to allow the number of credits as printed on the room card. Ther's a code, csomething like A2C1 or something to that effect which means 2 adults 1 child. They will only allow use UP TO that to be used at one time. It's tough to police WHO the two adults are and the child, but since dining credits are non-transferrable, it doesn't really matter. Using credits for someone who isn't on your reservation is against the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    Have you made your reservations yet? Because all of the people on a reservation (in one room) must be on the same package plan. As far as I know this rule has not changed and you may find that they will not allow you to add on your DH when he arrives, as part of the package.
    Actually, I called WDTC regarding this. Since DH is not arriving until Thursday night and we are arriving on Tuesday they said it would be no problem to add him to the reservation after arrival. He would be given a room key and I would be able to add his park pass to his room key. I am fully prepared to pay for all of his meals OOP. I was just wondering if I could use my credits for him if I had extra. With the Deluxe Plan there is no way I am going to be able to eat all of that food. I didn't want his hard earned money to go to waste.
    I try to keep that to the other 51 weeks of the year.
    8/07 - Poly
    10/04, 8/05, 8/06 - POP
    6/01, 11/08 - POR
    7/96 - CB
    6/93 - CR
    11/81 - Golf Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here is the exact wording from the Disney Dining brouchure:

Q. Can I use my Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family
    members who are not included in my reservation and have not purchased this plan?
    A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in your reservation and have not purchased this plan.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cindyrellinut View Post
    Actually, I called WDTC regarding this. Since DH is not arriving until Thursday night and we are arriving on Tuesday they said it would be no problem to add him to the reservation after arrival. He would be given a room key and I would be able to add his park pass to his room key. I am fully prepared to pay for all of his meals OOP. I was just wondering if I could use my credits for him if I had extra. With the Deluxe Plan there is no way I am going to be able to eat all of that food. I didn't want his hard earned money to go to waste.
    I try to keep that to the other 51 weeks of the year.
    First LOL, I too try to keep that down. Second, do you need the deluxe plan? Maybe if you aren't eating enough to justify it then you could down grade to the basic plan and then add DH when he arrives. Or add him from the beginning since it is only a 2 day difference and then you'll have 2 extra days worth of dining credits to use. You can still have a different amount of days for your tixs. The basic plan still has ALOT of food. Just a thought so that way no worries on "cheating" the system.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r4kids View Post
    ... Maybe if you aren't eating enough to justify it then you could down grade to the basic plan and then add DH when he arrives.
    You can't add someone [to the DDP] 1/2 way though a reservation, it's all of nothing for everyone on the reservation at check-in. Actually, you can't add it AT check-in either, it must be done a few days prior to arrival I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by r4kids View Post
    Or add him from the beginning since it is only a 2 day difference and then you'll have 2 extra days worth of dining credits to use. You can still have a different amount of days for your tixs. The basic plan still has ALOT of food. Just a thought so that way no worries on "cheating" the system.
    Or, you can split the stay, 2 days prior do it without him on the plan, and then a new reservation WITH him on the plan. Problem is you would need to buy a number of "extra" tickets as each reservation needs to be done with MYW tickets for everyone on the reservation.

He may be required to be there at checkin, I'm not sure how strictly they enforce that. Not so much with kids I assume as with adults.

Post Thanks / Like

While Disney may not condone giving away our credits, you are allowed to share credits with each other. For example, the woman on the deluxe plan--you can eat at your two table services a day and your husband and yourself are allowed to share both meals. We've done this many times and it is always told to us that we may split meals for one credit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    He may be required to be there at checkin, I'm not sure how strictly they enforce that. Not so much with kids I assume as with adults.
    He is not required to be there at check in. Or at least when we checked in DH didn't have to be there. We included him on the entire reservation even though he would be joining us 5 days later. We just used our dining points for ourselves and then had some extra when he did arrive. We were able to do some 2 TS dinners because DH did not use his for the first part of the reservation and had plenty credits.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

First, I need to apologize to the OP. I kind of overtook the thread and didn't mean to. As stated before, I am fully prepared to pay OOP for all of DH's meals. I was just not sure if I had extra meals if I could use them for him. Apparently, this is "illegal" and I shudder at the fact of doing anything wrong in my happy place. I can't add him to the reservation because his job may keep him from coming with us and I don't want to lose all of the money I would have paid to add him. He is still shaky right now if he will make it. I only have a plane ticket invested in this and that's fine with me. Thanks for all of your great advice.
    8/07 - Poly
    10/04, 8/05, 8/06 - POP
    6/01, 11/08 - POR
    7/96 - CB
    6/93 - CR
    11/81 - Golf Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: