Quantcast Disney Sues FL Couple - Trademark Infringement - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    lockedoutlogic Guest

I have to laugh at all the people rushing to the attack on this one.....

It's not about the legality of this (though....obviously....we have some here who's instinctual "blood in the water" sense has kicked it....)

...for me.....and just for me (but again....this is an opinion board....and last time i checked my opinion didn't affect anyone else here...)

....i just don't like the way it looks.....

did the people infringe? more than likely.....
    have they used it their advantage.....probably....

does disney have a claim?....definitely....

Did it need to go to court? no
    Does it affect Disney's business? not one bit

Are they simply using this as a means to send a message to the locals?.....absolutely
    Disney acts incredibly heavy handed when dealing with the people in florida.....it always has....and always will.....

And hey....i can see their angle.....not saying it doesn't make sense to crack the whip.....

but i would like to think they are above the petty corporate aggression and rush to litagation that is a sickness in this country....

but they're not....

so no offense to anyone taking the disney side.....again......I'm not saying that they don't have a point.......but you really need to relax just a little bit on me on this one....

I don't like them bullying the locals.....that's it.....it's not the supreme court.....it's a web board.....(and we'll just leave it at that....not take it to the moderators....)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

It's not about the legality of this (though....obviously....we have some here who's instinctual "blood in the water" sense has kicked it....)

...for me.....and just for me (but again....this is an opinion board....and last time i checked my opinion didn't affect anyone else here...)

Are they simply using this as a means to send a message to the locals?.....absolutely
    Disney acts incredibly heavy handed when dealing with the people in florida.....it always has....and always will.....

And hey....i can see their angle.....not saying it doesn't make sense to crack the whip.....

but i would like to think they are above the petty corporate aggression and rush to litagation that is a sickness in this country....

but they're not....

so no offense to anyone taking the disney side.....again......I'm not saying that they don't have a point.......but you really need to relax just a little bit on me on this one....

I don't like them bullying the locals.....that's it.....it's not the supreme court.....it's a web board.....(and we'll just leave it at that....not take it to the moderators....)
    I didn't think that Disney RUSHED to litigation.
    THey sent THREE (3) cease and disist letters that were ignored. The "Poor people" left Disney no recourse but to litigate the matter. IF the "poor people" had acknowledged the letter and acted respectfully this would not even be discussed, we would not have found out about it.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Locked...look back at your posts, you lashed out about this. You just lashed out at Disney. Most of the people here simply don't agree
    Again, read you posts. Almost every time your arguement consists mainly of people over-reacting, being blinded by Disney loyalty, whatever. You've taken a personal slant on this toward the vast majority of people on this thread that think you are wrong. And no offense, you are wrong. Check the facts, watch the tape. It's pretty obvious that they are trying to get away with ignoring Disney's legal rights and crying for sympathy, which seems to have worked with you.

How can you honestly beleive that? There are many ways this could affect Disney's business. Selective prosecution gets you in trouble, so if they just ignore this, what happens when someone bigger does it? Also, as I and others have said several times, what happens if someone unautorized in a Disney character suit does something illegal, being drunk, touching a child, or an adult for that matter, or something as simple as being a surley person Disney would never allow as a character?
    Disney is sending a message to the world, the only message they can send, that they will protect their integrity. It sounds as though you have an axe to grind with Disney.
    Again, I don't think going to court after three letters is a rush to litigation. They were given every chance to comply. They lied, stonewalled and then cried to the media about, talk about a sickness in this country....
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing..

I don't like them bullying the locals.....that's it.....
    Local, regional, national, irrelevant, it's someone infringing on Disney's copyrights, and continuing to after they were told to stop. Again, it sounds like you have skewed vision of this because of the local angle.
    it's not the supreme court.....it's a web board.....(and we'll just leave it at that....not take it to the moderators....)
    Before we point out the flaws in your logic again?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Now i'm really laughing.....

who was attacked?

I just think lawsuits against locals for an animal costume.....unless they steal one from the magic kingdom tunnels......is really silly....

REALLY silly.....but as i've said now....what?....5 times?.....

that's just my opinion.....that's all....

but the problem with this thread.....as it's now veered all the way off the road.....is that i apparently had the audacity to not put on the pom-poms for disney.....

Well...sometimes i do......but not in this kinda thing.....

you guys can agree or disagree with me all you want.....but if you go back and read what i wrote.......it was about disney looking small and petty.......it had nothing to do with anybody's "defending of their faith".....

it's just an opinion.....but i'm getting the "don't pick on disney" response....

seriously.....i can't stop laughing

is anyone under the impression that I don't understand Disney or the law?

way off-base

But i'll say it again......hopefully for the last time.....it's just my opinion....not a legal brief

Big Blue, i respect you....disfreak....marker......anyone who contributes good points on the board......even if i don't agree....

but you guys got all in a wrinkle because i criticized Disney....which i hate to tell you....isn't YOU.....

nothing personal was said.....go back and read it.....

there is a difference.....

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we should just agree to disagree here. He's stated his opinion, and we've stated ours. I don't think any of us are going to convince the others of opposite opinion any different.

Personally, I see this as Disney business as usual. They have always been very strong-handed with protecting the use of their images. This isn't any different.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

i apparently had the audacity to not put on the pom-poms for disney.....
    You are correct, some folk will "put on the pom-poms" no matter what. Likewise, others will put on the claws no matter what, perhaps even posting comments intended to fan the flames a bit.

I'd like to believe that most folks look at the facts and then form an opinion.

but you guys got all in a wrinkle because i criticized Disney
    Speaking for myself, it wasn't so much Disney I was defending, it was the concept of folks facing the consequences of their actions, and not sliding by on a "poor us" excuse. In my opinion they knowingly tried to get away with something, and when they got caught, tried to turn the blame onto someone else, in this case onto the victim (yes, even a company the size of Disney can be a victim).

In my opinion, this is a far too prevalent trend these days. This opinion has NOTHING to do with Disney being involved.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

is anyone under the impression that I don't understand Disney or the law?

way off-base

But i'll say it again......hopefully for the last time.....it's just my opinion....not a legal brief

Big Blue, i respect you....disfreak....marker......anyone who contributes good points on the board......even if i don't agree....

but you guys got all in a wrinkle because i criticized Disney....which i hate to tell you....isn't YOU.....
    One last time...wrong! As I have said every time, I am defending the concept of the copyright. As I have said every time, I don't care who's copyright it is
    nothing personal was said.....go back and read it.....
    I did...telling me my judgement is clouded because I love Disney is personal. I told you several times that that is not the case. I am defending the concept of a copyright, go back and read my posts. Laugh and bash all you want. I'm done.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Well, we better watch out!

Disney might come after us since we are called InterCot! They might claim they hold the copyright for the -COT part!

Sorry, trying to lighten the mood on this thread. LockedOut, Big Blue! Both of you play nicely and don't make me turn this car around and go home!
    No Disney for you!

:ahem: Anyways...

I think mods should come in and close this before it gets any more personal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: