Quantcast Just Questions: Guess We Can't. - Page 48

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post

See you all later..... got to get in the pool for a
    CUE the JAWS theme music!!!

What's for dinner?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Want to try again ?????

Here.... free shot !
    Looks like we took the free shot!

Who's laughing now...

Diane, if a steak does not work maybe you should try a or
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... go to sleep for a day... I figured by the way it was looking you'd be off into another stratsosphere by now!! Don't any of you have any work to do????

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Blythe, I'll have a for you as soon as I find the box with the scotch. I miss you too.

There are pics up on our photobucket account (JymandRachel), there are some pics on Rachel's facebook. There are some from today in the camera which should be up today sometime. Is it still Monday?
    Jym!

Ummm... just what kind of margaritas do you make???

I'll be checking out the pics later -- now where's that PM with your address???

Nope.... it's Tuesday! And tomorrow's Wednesday... ... but I am going to follow pogo's advice and be happy and thankful that I am alive and enjoying today, Tuesday, even though it is 95 degrees and drippy humid outside... and I have to go to work.... and stay up all night... and get less than stellar sleep tomorrow... and it's one day further from WDW than tomorrow... and I have to leave early to drive my neice home (although I am very blessed to have had her today, I must say...) so even though tomorrow brings me no work and I get to stay home and relax on the porch with my girls and some and a good movie... I will be happy today is Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    twitching huh? hmmm. points to too many trips to starbucks and not enough to WDW...
    So that's my problem!! I'll be sure to tell Dan...

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Because sometimes a person just needs a hug! I just need some human contact.. instead of my typical method of pulling away when I'm 'out of sorts' I thought I'd reach out this time.
    Di, I am so glad to hear you say that... sending loads of your way so that today ends better than it began!!

So -- how's the workday ending for you lot?? Pogo, I thought you were playing golf? Are you carrying a computer with you???

Kate - where'd you go?

Gotta run... the shower's calling my name....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

CUE the JAWS theme music!!!

What's for dinner?
    Well, if you're referring to the shark's dinner, that would be Pogo, wouldn't it? As for me, it'll be spaghetti.

Speaking of sea creatures, we've had a few stingray incidents in the area lately--people getting barbed in the foot in shallow water.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    Diane, if a steak does not work maybe you should try a or
    Or maybe all three?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Nope.... it's Tuesday! And tomorrow's Wednesday... but I am going to follow pogo's advice and be happy and thankful that I am alive and enjoying today, Tuesday, even though it is 95 degrees and drippy humid outside... and I have to go to work.... and stay up all night... and get less than stellar sleep tomorrow... and it's one day further from WDW than tomorrow... and I have to leave early to drive my neice home (although I am very blessed to have had her today, I must say...) so even though tomorrow brings me no work and I get to stay home and relax on the porch with my girls and some and a good movie... I will be happy today is Tuesday!

Someone please pass Pogo the kleenex! I can see the tears falling down those cheeks onto that proud and puffed up chest of his.. he's finally converted someone into his way of thinking!

Di, I am so glad to hear you say that... sending loads of your way so that today ends better than it began!!

Thanks Blythe! It's going better now! You are such a sweet friend!

Gotta run... the shower's calling my name....

I'd run too if the shower were calling my name!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Well, if you're referring to the shark's dinner, that would be Pogo, wouldn't it? As for me, it'll be spaghetti.

SCREEN CLEANER please!

Speaking of sea creatures, we've had a few stingray incidents in the area lately--people getting barbed in the foot in shallow water.
    I was watching Beach Patrol - San Diego last night and they had a young boy who got barbed by one of them things.. he was in agony...THAT is why you won't ever see me get in the ocean!!!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh I love the ocean. But the stingray thing doesn't sound good at all. Is the spaghetti sting ray spaghetti?

We are doing breakfast for dinner tonight, omlettes, bacon, hashbrowns, oj and coffee. Yummy!

Rhonda good luck but house cleaning really won't make much of a difference it's normally all about the comps.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching Beach Patrol - San Diego last night and they had a young boy who got barbed by one of them things.. he was in agony...THAT is why you won't ever see me get in the ocean!!!
    You'll have to head up to the north Atlantic... we don't keep any of them thar stingy things in our ocean.... ...

Di, glad to see you're feeling better -- I hope it's been a better afternoon for you!!

Pogo - how does it feel to be shark bait??

As far as the conversion thing goes.... do you think if I keep it will sink in, or do you think I'll just end up needing Tylenol and more ???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the conversion thing goes.... do you think if I keep it will sink in, or do you think I'll just end up needing Tylenol and more ???
    SHARK BAIT ooh ha ha!

Well.. if you long enough you'll probably knock yourself out then you won't CARE what day it is!!!

Hmmm.. need a question... Just for you Pogo.. IS IT FRIDAY YET?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter.... one is as bad as the other !

I will.... maybe the voodoo sisters won't find me there. Will you hide me ???
    Oh, there's plenty of stuff to hide under! If you go into the spare bedroom, you may never be seen again! I think that's where Frankie is hiding out!

Just the backhoe? Or do you want the WHOLE JQ Reno/Demo crew to show up?
    You're all welcome to show up, but I don't need a reno/demo, just a thorough cleaning. OK?

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Rhonda good luck but house cleaning really won't make much of a difference it's normally all about the comps.
    I'm not really expecting the house to be clean, but it would be nice if he could at least get into all the rooms!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone is having a great day today which from reading the posts it sure seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Well, he probably could, but he's not licensed to do so.

Anyone want to come help me clean house this evening? We're going through a refinance and the appraisal guy is coming tomorrow at 5pm, so I need to tidy things up a bit before he shows up. Maybe I could borrow the JQ backhoe?
    I'll help if I can run the backhoe, I've always wanted to try one. I can't assure you that when I'm finished the house would be any cleaner but boy would it be fun.

As for cleaning for the appraisal don't overwork yourself. Most likely the appraiser will be in the house a total of 5 minutes. They are looking to make sure the property is sound and get measurements. With the time saved you may be able to keep up with this thread.

I'm not sure it will help but it's worth a try. Please let me know how it works, I'm feeling just reading through todays antics.

After spending 30 minutes catching up on todays action it's time to take my DS to hockey practice. Have a good evening and remember this is the first day of the rest of your life....

I think I may have forgotten a question. What happens if I go two posts in a row without one?
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You're forgiven... and yes.. you and everyone else on this thread ALWAYS makes me smile! That's why I hang out here... wanna come down to Ohio and take me to lunch? That would make me feel much better! We could go to Popeyes chicken! That would put a smile on my face! (and heartburn in my heart! )
    Diane, can I come for Popeye's with you? We moved away from our Popeyes and I miss it soo much!!!

Sarah, I also miss Boston Market...I wish they had them up here, along with Olive Garden...Then there's Carlos O'Kelly's, Target, Hobby Lobby, Bath and Body works...okay is that enough missing?

Can you believe I don't have a smart alec answer to that? I sat here for several minutes trying to come up with SOMETHING! ANYTHING! I mean.. you've got your name (Pogo).. you work for a duck.. you speak with an accent.. there has to be a smart comeback in there somewhere.. WHY OH WHY can't I come up with it?
    It's called a brain fa....gas!!

I put in my request for vacation time today for Dec. 10-15...we can hope she says yes!!! Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the answer and can book the trip. Are you guys going to be ready to see me?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I put in my request for vacation time today for Dec. 10-15...we can hope she says yes!!! Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the answer and can book the trip. Are you guys going to be ready to see me?

Are you really coming!!????

That is so totally cool.

Ooh - it soundslike I've been hanging around Princess Brittany too much , eh?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Are you really coming!!????

We're really coming!!! Gilles wants to meet all my crazy friends I keep talking about. He also really wants to see Pogo again, but honestly, I think it's Patti. He thinks it's her and him that keep Pogo and I grounded. Do you believe that, Buddy?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Well.. if you long enough you'll probably knock yourself out then you won't CARE what day it is!!!
    Good point!! Is it morning yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    I think I may have forgotten a question. What happens if I go two posts in a row without one?
    You don't wanna know...

So -- will you be going in October and December??? Cool!! Of course we'll be ready to see you!!

So -- I'm at work -- crazy so far, looks like I'm headed up to Labor & Delivery at 11pm, not a lot of staff on tonight. Better get my skates on...

What's everyone out there doing tonight??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all... I figured it was time to come out of my shell and finally post on this thread. I've been reading it forever and I figured an update on Alex would be a good way to join in.

Last night Alex weighed 3 lbs, 13 ozs. He's still on room air and hasn't needed any oxygen (which is a small miracle for a 7 week premature baby). They took out his IV about 36 hours ago and he in now receiving all of his nutrition either through his NG tube or by nursing/bottle feeding. He's still in an incubator (Doesn't that make him sound like a chicken or something?), but will probably be moving to an open crib in the next day or so as he is very close to being able to maintain his body temperature without the heat of the incubator. Once he's in an open crib it will be a very short time before he's able to go home. The only thing left after that is making sure that he's able to get enough food from nursing/bottle feeding to keep gaining weight. He's still learing how to nurse, but everyday he's getting a little stronger and a little better at eating.

Keep up the pixie dust and prayers... they seem to be working some miracles. I have some more pictures in the camera and I'll try to get them up soon. Right now I can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'm going to take a nap before I head back to the hospital in a couple of hours.

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We're really coming!!! Gilles wants to meet all my crazy friends I keep talking about. He also really wants to see Pogo again, but honestly, I think it's Patti. He thinks it's her and him that keep Pogo and I grounded. Do you believe that, Buddy?
    Carol, how cool is that? I'm glad that you get to come, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

So -- I'm at work -- crazy so far, looks like I'm headed up to Labor & Delivery at 11pm, not a lot of staff on tonight. Better get my skates on...

What's everyone out there doing tonight??
    Good luck, Blythe.

Not a heck of a lot this evening. Barbecued chicken for dinner and that's about it. Watching Wipe Out right now, which is rather boring if you ask me. I should turn the channel but I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by sagessa View Post
    Last night Alex weighed 3 lbs, 13 ozs. He's still on room air and hasn't needed any oxygen (which is a small miracle for a 7 week premature baby). They took out his IV about 36 hours ago and he in now receiving all of his nutrition either through his NG tube or by nursing/bottle feeding. He's still in an incubator (Doesn't that make him sound like a chicken or something?), but will probably be moving to an open crib in the next day or so as he is very close to being able to maintain his body temperature without the heat of the incubator. Once he's in an open crib it will be a very short time before he's able to go home. The only thing left after that is making sure that he's able to get enough food from nursing/bottle feeding to keep gaining weight. He's still learing how to nurse, but everyday he's getting a little stronger and a little better at eating.

Keep up the pixie dust and prayers... they seem to be working some miracles. I have some more pictures in the camera and I'll try to get them up soon. Right now I can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'm going to take a nap before I head back to the hospital in a couple of hours.

Rachel R.
    Thanks for the update Rachel. Glad to hear that he's doing so well. What a little cutie too! How is mom & dad doing?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    After spending 30 minutes catching up on todays action it's time to take my DS to hockey practice.
    SEE!!! It's not just us up in Canada!!! Harry had a hockey game tonight (they were shellacked!) and has another on Thursday night. It's so weird getting so cold when it is soooooo hot outside!
    Hello all... I figured it was time to come out of my shell and finally post on this thread. I've been reading it forever and I figured an update on Alex would be a good way to join in.
    Hey Sister!! Thanks for the update! Alex sounds so good and strong, and he's getting bigger too! and for continued bodaciousness!!! Has Jym unpacked the new house yet??
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, can you guys yap! I didn't have time for a full read through, so I skimmed - hope I didn't miss anything major.
    Ummm... I'm not sure how many of our men actually have need of hair rollers...
    Now that got an outloud chuckle.
    I will be happy today is Tuesday!
    Somehow I don't think thats what Pogo had in mind.
    SHARK BAIT ooh ha ha!
    Yay!! You mean I might get to meet you after all?
    Welcome and Congratulations Rachel! (We have only been able to congratulate Jym, like he really had it tough!) Hope Alex continues to grow big and strong!!

Jeff - did you make it to the Dr for your wrist?

Pogo - how can you post so much from the golf course?

Jym/Rachel - we need your new address!!

Gotta go - time to find something to feed the family....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness... is it Tuesday evening already? I can't believe how the week is flying by.

Welcome, Rachel! So glad to see you posting here. We'll let is slide by considering your lack of sleep and being pp, but you'll need to bring cookies for the next few weeks. Of course, you can send Jym out to get them (along with everything else). How are YOU feeling? Lil' Alex is adorable and it sounds like he's doing great. Wonderful news that the IV is out! Continued prayers and for his continued strength and health (and downright cuteness) and that he come home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    What did the Mom rope say to the baby rope?

Don't be knotty!
    Am I right to suspect that your joke works better with a Canadian accent?

We could go to Popeyes chicken! That would put a smile on my face! (and heartburn in my heart! )
    The gift that keeps on giving.

Sorry about your unsolvable client problems. And isn't that what your secretary is for? Telling people that you can't help them?
    As a former admin, we had names for bosses like that and NONE of them were very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Last time I looked, we were talking about getting a condo. How far back was that, and is it still on? My vote goes for a compound, not a condo. Men in one building, women in the other. Fuzzy slippers, hair rollers, and trashy magazines?
    That sounds very Waco to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    Oh and Diane I heard that you really should only have the popeyes from the original store. That's close to Bret's house. ROAD TRIP....
    So who's on the bus????
    Why do I suddenly feel like I've been hijacked on the Great Movie Ride?

SHARK BAIT ooh ha ha!
    Di, you beat me to it!

Yeah! I've been ready since last year!

Well, it's late. I guess I should be moseying along to grocery shopping and rustling up some dinner. I made two different soups at lunch today and there's leftovers of both. Who would like soup tomorrow? We have yellow split pea and tomato spinach tortellini soup.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

So -- will you be going in October and December??? Cool!! Of course we'll be ready to see you!!
    The trip in October is for us, to relax and take it easy, and to go to MNSSHP and the one in Dec, is to be with the JQU alumni. Now if we could figured out how to bring our scrapbooking stuff and have a scrapbooking party, that would be really fun!!! Gilles just told me they only allow so much bagage, so should I tell him he'll have to wear all his clothes at one time...when we fly down there and come back home!!??

Rachel R.
    Hi again Rachel!!! We'll be sending tons of pixie dust for our youngest JQ member.

Hey, Deb...Gilles and I will be really bad at mini-golf with you. He's never played mini golf before!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ