Quantcast So stressful... airline changes!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default So stressful... airline changes!

We jsut received a notice that our airline ha changed our nonstop flights (both coming and going) to connecting flights that leave earlier than we planned and of course get in later!
    Yikes!
    We are travellig with three young children and I really do not want to sit in Atlanta airport for two hours knowing that we have a SECOND 90 minute flight to go.

I am going to call and see if there are any nonstop flights left. Does this kind of change happen often? could it happen again once I try to change back to nonstop? This is stressing me out!

What happens if the airline cancells your flight entirely? How do you get to WDW????

THANKS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes this does happen quite a bit. It is happening even more now with the fuel charges and such. Call your airline right away and see if you can get back on a non stop flight.
    Delta has done this to me before and I just happened to notice it while fooling around on the computer. I called and was able to get back on a non stop but at different times. *(better times for me)
    Good luck
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

If this is Delta then I believe they have changed all of their non stops to Orlando to one stops in Atlanta.

This is why we are flying SW this time. They seem to be one of the few that still have 3 nonstops to Orlando a day.

One thing about your layover in Atlanta is this. You will probably have to go to a different part of the terminal, which will involve a ride on the tram which is like an underground Monorail and my kids love this, so it will kill some time and entertain the kids. So counting time to deplane, replane and transfer to your new gate, there will probably only be about 30 or 40 minutes of actual down time.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bkfree View Post
    If this is Delta then I believe they have changed all of their non stops to Orlando to one stops in Atlanta.
    Just curious about where you read/heard this. Our flights out of Boston are still showing nonstop but I am checking often to see if we get switched to a flight with a layover. Do you know if they are doing this at all airports?
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Princesses4Us View Post

What happens if the airline cancells your flight entirely? How do you get to WDW????

THANKS

You can always drive there!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Both for my September trip and November trip we are flying Air Tran...and yep...they have rearranged their schedule to stop in Atlanta also...the scary thing is that there is only 30 minutes between flights...so...what are the chances that we'll make that flight...and one is the last flight of the day. They would re-book us on the direct flight but we lose 6 hours coming and 4 hours leaving...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Just curious about where you read/heard this. Our flights out of Boston are still showing nonstop but I am checking often to see if we get switched to a flight with a layover. Do you know if they are doing this at all airports?
    My non stop out of Logan to MCO is still a go on Delta. We are going down in September.
    I think Delta still has the 7:10am and the 300pm non stop. They did change mine from 3:15pm non stop to a layover in Atlanta but I called and they changed me to a 7:10am non stop!!!! Without charging me more!!!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

We jsut received a notice that our airline ha changed our nonstop flights (both coming and going) to connecting flights that leave earlier than we planned and of course get in later!
    Yikes!
    We are travellig with three young children and I really do not want to sit in Atlanta airport for two hours knowing that we have a SECOND 90 minute flight to go.
    That really stinks, I hope everything works out for you. I would definitley call the airline and see what they have to say. I know what you mean, we just had a connecting flight this June with my younger brother and we were terrified that he would get bored and quick. Good luck.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

This is happening more and more. I am seeing TONS of this at work!

Here are some tips:

Register for alerts! If you bought your tickets online, most airlines and travel sites have email or mobile alerts to let you know of schedule changes. Contact the Airline as soon as possible; remember if you are looking for a better flight, so is everyone else who was also on your original flight. Most airlines will accommodate a change at no charge if you are rebooking due to cancellation or schedule change of your original flight. These changes are based on seat availability.

Remember to check departure time and gate BEFORE leaving for the airport. It is good to check this a week before, again the night before your day of departure, and maybe even again before leaving the house!

Reductions in flight schedules, extra charges for baggage and seating, and the schedule nightmares that come along with them, are gonna be around for a while...

Post Thanks / Like

delta changed our flights so many times last year we are driving next year! we have used delta the last 4years since they had the 7 am non stop from richmond to orlando - great flight - but last year they tried to give us a lay over and it took several phone calls to get back on a non stop - anyway we have decided to give driving a shot for our next trip
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Our family of 7 (me, DH, mom, dad, sis, b-i-l and nephew) are having this issue with Air Tran out of White Plains NY.

They have changed our flight times from leaving 8:10 am to 1:40 pm and returning from 3:30 to 1:45.

They then added new flights in the original times so we switched to those!

Now DH looks last night - they cancelled the new flights and put DH and I on the 6 am stopping in Atlanta. Rest of family leaves 1 day later (as planned) but back to the 1:40.

Returning they put us all on the stopping flight in Atlanta - which as we all know if hard for little ones. We switched returning to the 1:45.

But this is cutting into vacation time. They obviously don't care do they???

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post

On several of the other Disney boards I have read dozens of recent posts from families that had direct to Orlando flights booked with Delta that have been changed to stops in Atlanta.
    And from quite a few different cities and states. I guess they haven't changed all of them, but it is beginning to look like most of them have been changed and the rest may be??.
    I know the one from our city that we always fly now has a stop in Atlanta.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Air Tran

Air Tran continues to change my flight(s). The flight out was 7 hours later than the original NS.
    The flight back was hours earlier. I would get home at the same time, but have to sit in Atlanta. They tried to steal two days of vacation from me. I would have missed an ADR. They offered NS on different days (with no extra $ to me, thanks for nothing) but got really nasty when I tried to explain JOB and VACATION to them. They pulled this on my daughter 2 years ago and virtually ruined their honeymoon.

'Tiggers are wonderful things'
    AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    Disney Institute Bungalow
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses! I called and we are back on nonstop flights.... but at very different times that I oringinally booked. We're leaving five hours earlier which will force my daughter to miss an entire (extra) day of school as oppossed to just the last hour of school and we leave three hours earlier so now we'll need to catch Magical Express at 7:30 am! yikes! oh well... it beats taking two flights per leg!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: