Quantcast POLL: Economy causing changes in plans? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How will you save money on DW Vacay?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, I'm spending the same as usual.

90 51.14%
  • I'm staying at a less expensive resort.

20 11.36%
  • I'm staying for a shorter time.

17 9.66%
  • I'm taking advantage of discounts and special offers.

67 38.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll

I think that there was a pertinent choice left out of this poll. There was no choice about canceling plans. I think that if this choice was included, the poll may have produced different results. We have decided not to go next April given the state of the economy and the increase in prices for everything from gas to groceries in every day life. We will vacation closer to home next year.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't have any plans to go to DW in the summer but my husband won a travel voucher and we were able to book 5 nights at the Cabins with AAA discount and the voucher covered the entire amount.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ToraTory;1656052] For me my annual trips to WDW are part of my soul, my refruge from the "real world". If I didn't have a count down in progress until my next Disney fix I would not be able to work as hard as I do. Does this mean I'm obessive compulsive when it comes to Disney, YES, but there are much much worse things I could be addicted.

Tory - this message actually brought a small tear to my eyes. Yes - Disney World is truly a part of my soul, too. Just knowing that I have a trip in the works, even months ahead, gets me through the not so nice things of life.

Post Thanks / Like

Two of the answers actually fit us. We always take advantage of special times and offerings and we are expected to spend about the same or just a few bucks more. You cannot just look how much a tank of gas costs you. You have to see how much MORE it costs you this year versus years past. We are fortunate and can get to WD in a tank and a half. The difference in the price of gas for a tank and a half is not a drastic increase for someone like us who is not coming from very far away.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

DH is a teacher, and I am a nurse, so our jobs are pretty insulated from changes. Things are a bit more expensive, but my oldest DS is going into the navy on Sept. 4, so part of our expenses are disappearing. Our second oldest DS just turned 18,too. It remains to be seen what he'll do. If he moves out also, I'll have a lot more spending money.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I think those that made plans for a Disney trip prior to the increase in the gas prices..and the trickle down effects that it has on our economy, probably would be apt to keep their reservations...particulary if airfare was involved. If it was purchased a few months ago, prior to the ever increasing fares and charges for baggage. That being said, I fear we are only beginning to see the effects of the price of gas on our economy. It is starting to creep into our everyday lives. It isn't so much the price of the airfare..or even the price of the gas if you're driving. More it is the hit we are taking in our daily lives ....at the grocery store(I swear you'd think cereal is like buying real estate these days!) I look at the bill and then look at what I purchased, and sometimes there isn't even enough there to make a meal. Everything has increased(check out the detergent prices!)..the toll increases on our roads and to mass transit(if it's available to you). Everyone is feeling it. The cumultive effect of the increase in fuel prices is effecting almost everything. The question is will it get to the point where there is eventually going to be less money for discretionary spending. I think a good many people are on edge. I know that we are taking a more wait and see attitude right now. Hard to justify an expensive vacation when you're not so sure what's waiting around the corner. I think it's the apprehension that I know we feel..not the necessarily the cost of a trip, that we're concerned with. Making us a bit more frugal than we might ordinarily be.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

I chose not changing anything and taking advantage of discounts. We booked our land/sea vacation over a year and a half ago so the discounts were pretty good. Also gas was not really even an issue then! Now that it is getting closer and life has changed (i.e. job issues, etc), we are still going forward with our plans. The only thing that really changed is that I was not able to pay the vacation off in cash as I had hoped to do. However, I do have all our food and incidental $$ saved!

And honestly, with the way things are now, I look forward to getting away from reality for as long as I can!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We're still going, we're going for 10 nights (changed just yesterday from 9 nights). We're staying at ASMu, but we usually stay at the values because we like them and the work for us. We're doing the dining plan, it does save us some money (our kids are both still kids in Disney's eyes).

We did buy AP's for the 4 of us, but we're planning another trip in August of next year, so that will save $ in the long run for tickets alone. Not a huge savings, but we would have bought 10-day hoppers both trips.

We're driving, and I'm not looking forward to the gas, but it's cheaper than flying for us.
    2008 - Thanksgiving at WDW!
    2007 - Memorial week at Pop Century
    2007 - DH surprised me for our 10th at Pop
    2005 - CBR in August
    2004 - ASMo with my boys!
    1997 - CBR Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which answer to pick we dropped our other trips usually small long weekend trips over the summer and added time to our disney we usually go for 10 days this Oct we upped it to a 15 day we already have AP's from Nov 07 so we don't need tickets and 5 more days in FW isn't much different in price and fuel will cost us the same there and back so why not take advantage of the time i saved not going away over the summer so i guess if i picked one i guess spend the same sounds closest but i'm spending more not same
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

We're not changing anything this year. We don't spend much at home, and only have a mortgage and car payment. Kids are grown. We save for this week all year, and even with rising costs at the pump and in the grocery store, we'll cut corners at home and still go to Disney.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

well for me and dw, we do alot of pre planning and saving just for our Disney trips, we just got back a few days ago, and we already booked our December long weekend trip. i think that if you save ahead of time it can be worked out, now i also know that not everybody can do this, but if you can, and you love going to WDW as much as me and dw than it can be done. when booking your trip try to have as much as you can booked into your package ex:dining plan, park hoppers, etc.. as this really helps. (IMHO)

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

As we booked so early we wont be changing our plans ..however next year might be a different ball game

Post Thanks / Like

I go on vacation to have fun, not worry about money. I will not scrimp on what I am doing or skip something because of money. I can curb my spending the other 51 weeks out of the year to cover the difference. However, if there is a deal to be had, I am not opposed of taking advantage of it.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: