Quantcast Ever been able to keep your trip a secret? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

One year we told the kids we were going camping in Florida. We picked them up after school, with the car already loaded and drove down to Orlando. Our youngest, age 9, (more curious than his big brother) was wondering why we didn't have the normal camping gear packed, (Coleman stove, tent etc.) so we told him we were renting a tent and stove when we got there. He wasn't sure about this but still had no idea we were headed to WDW. As we got closer, he began to recognize landmarks and road signs, and started telling us "Hey, we are close to Disney world". His older brother (12) had fallen asleep and had no clue until we got so close the ruse was up and his brother woke him up screaming "We're going to Disney World!, We're going to Disney World!" It was great, watching his brother wake up disoriented only to find out that were were pulling into Wilderness Lodge!
    But after that one, they are too alert now for us to get away with that again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend pulled off the big surprise.... he even had his school uniform on thinking he was dropping dad off at the airport.. then going to school. In hindsight though, she said she/he/they all missed the anticipation part.. the trip went so quickly and it was over. So she said she would never do it again.

For us, the anticipation is so much fun. We pick our meals at the 180 mark, we do a chain of days when it gets to like 50 and count down, ect.....
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We pulled it off big time, in August 06. DDs were 4, 11, and 14. We had told them we were going to Boston for an "educational" trip, and we made plans together, searched online together, picked hotels, restaurants, activities, etc. I'm not quite sure how we were able to keep it quiet for 5 months!

We got to the airport, and the first leg of out trip was to Dallas, where we were to change planes. Coincidently, our plane was continuing on to Boston! We didn't tell them until we were ready to board the plane in Dallas for the final leg. The older 2 were REALLY HYPER! (If you were on that flight, I apologize..) It was great. DD14 always thinks she has us figured out. I can tell you, that is the first time I have ever seen her speechless

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to keep it a secret for 10 months a few years back. My kid's then 5 and 8 knew we were going to FL, but my family lives in FL so that was no suprise to them. I wanted to wait until we pulled into Disney and they saw all the signs, but I had a little problem at the end. The morning we were leaving, my DD woke up with a fever, and felt so sick she was asking if we could go another time, when I told her that we had to go now, and that it would be o.k., she started crying saying she was to sick to fly and that Nana would understand. My heart was so broke that I had to break down and tell her where we were really going! I still wish I could of waited until we got to the park, but she was so upset I had to try and make her happier. By the way, first day at the park, she was still a little feverish, and my mom was sick to. When you look at the pictures, everyone thought that it had to of been our last day, they both looked so worn out, the truth was that we were still waiting for the monorail, and hadn't even entered a single park yet! She felt better by that afternoon, and the rest of the trip was great!
    Keeping it a secret for as long as we did was really a lot of fun. A few times it almost slipped out, if the end had turned out better, I think it would of been great just to see there faces when they figured it out.

GOOD LUCK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAYROLL PRINCESS View Post
    My sis kept it a secret from her 2 kids in 2006. Right up until we got to the airport, they thought it was her and me going and that they were going to Hampton Beach for a few days. The older one was a little disappointed that he wasn't getting to have his friends come up to the beach to hang out. But he got over it quick enough!
    AND last year I invited one of their friends and we kept that a secret from them until we got to the airport. The kid who came with us called my DS in the morning and asked him to come and get some cash from his so we could pick him up something at DTD. HE jumped in the car and I told his mom that he could ride into the airport with us and come back home with My DH. It wasn't until he went through security that my DS finally realized that his friend was coming with us... That's twice I have tricked them.... I'm wondering if they aren't that bright! LOL
    BTW they are teens!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Kept the secret twice from our Disney fanatic and now Cast Member!!
    First time was a tack-on to a trip to the beach.
    Second time was her 16th birthday and I almost burst for the 5 months of planning. She and best DF thought we were taking them to Branson (2 hours away by car) and were excited about that.
    When we got to the airport and they found out our real destination it was pure magic. We asked her
    "If you could be anywhere in the world on your 16th birthday were would it be?" She started screaming
    "Disney World!!" and we said..."Phew, since that's where we have reservations." It was a fabulous weekend and we know she will NEVER forget that 16th birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

We're trying to keep it a secret for Christmas! SHHHHHHH!!! We usually go camping for two weeks in the summer with our extended family, but this year, other activities got in the way of our plans. So, my mom said to me, "We've got a really long Christmas break this year- wanna go?" Like she'd have to ask twice! So, I started pricing things out, got a reservation, and have basically planned our ADR's and itinerary. The plan is to surprise them on Christmas morning that we're leaving the next day! Just hope that I can keep it a secret that long!
    Dawn, AKA Grumpy's daughter (yes, that's what we call my Dad!)Been there, Done that, Want to go back NOW!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Keeping Secrets of Disney Trips

Well, when we started planning the trip, I had to tell DD because we were pulling the kids out of school three days early. However, for Christmas, I made each person a copy of their park hopper passes, laminated them, and attached them to a Mickey or Minnie canvas carry on bag for the airport. That was their big surprise for Christmas. They loved it.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I tried surprising my wife in 2001 with a trip for our anniversary. I arranged time off from her work and set-up family to watch our kids.

She was surprised, but it was about 4-5 months before the trip. I was too excited about the trip to keep it secret any longer!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We have kept all our trips except one a secret. The first trip was the best. It was for our son's fourth Birthday. I ordered a Stuffed Mickey Mouse from Disney.com that had a card that said "come on down to disney and see me now" " Happy birthday, love Mickey". On the morning we were to leave, I had him go get the paper off the steps. Right by the door was Mickey sitting on a Buzz Light year luggage set. He was so excited. We did something similar for my daughters birthday.
    Another time, I was at Disney in November and I had Mickey autograph a book and invite my kids down. The morning we were planning on leaving, it was sitting by their breakfast. They opened it to read it and Mickey had a personal invitation to them.
    Our last trip wasn't a surprise. My son told me when we returned that he wanted us to surprise him from this point forward. He said he enjoyed the planning, but it is more fun to be surprised. So I guess I will be looking for new ways to surprise them.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media: