Quantcast 'Sex and the City' (Opens May 30) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I've just got to get past Candace Bergen and Jennifer Hudson in the movie.
    From what I've read, Candace Bergen only has one scene. Not sure about Hudson, but I'm pretty sure majority of the movie focuses on the girls. Did anyone see the pics from the London premiere? Sarah Jessica has this big peacock head piece thing... It seemed like Carrie Bradshaw was attending the premiere, not SJP.

I am a humongous fan of the series, I own the complete set on DVD and I'm not sure how many times I've watched all the episodes. I'm very excited for this movie. It's going to be a good summer for movies!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the movie. I love watching the shows beacuse of Evan Handler (Charlotte's 2nd hubby, Harry) Man do I love that guy.
    Can't wait to see the movie!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoy watching Miranda and Steves relationship more than some of the others.

Sarah Jessica has this big peacock head piece thing... It seemed like Carrie Bradshaw was attending the premiere, not SJP.
    Haha, I agree. I don't know what she was thinking but I guess people were looking for her to take a risk because that's usually what Carrie does.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a midnight showing last night, anyone else?? Who's ready to start talking??
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. (Boyfriend works at the theater so free screenings. I loved it; cried several times. I don't care what reviews/critics say, I enjoyed it.
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it today and thought it was a good movie. I did find it a bit odd that when Miranda was going to tell Carrie about what she said to Mr. Big, the first time, it completely changed.

I also didn't like Carrie getting back with Mr. Big. I thought it was very cliche, and it would have been better if they kept it that they broke up.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Post Thanks / Like

WARNING! This post will be spoiler filled.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingplace<3 View Post
    I also didn't like Carrie getting back with Mr. Big. I thought it was very cliche, and it would have been better if they kept it that they broke up.
    I completely disagree. I think that the majority of the fans wanted Carrie to get her happy ending with Big, and it would've been horrible if they ended the movie with them still split. I do think the whole movie was very predictable, but it was still fun. It felt like a big valentine to the fans, even more than the series finale...

Charlotte is finally able to have a baby, Carrie gets her wedding, despite a bump in the road Miranda and Steve end up happy, Samantha is back in NY, can admit to being 50 and is still fabulous and happy. Yay yay yay!

I teared up twice... when Charlotte revealed she was pregnant, and when Carrie was reading all the emails from Big.

I thought the overall style was in keeping with the series as well. I expected it to be less graphic but there everything was, more in your face than ever due to the big screen!

The only thing that bothered me had nothing to do with the actual movie...there was a girl in our theater who could not have been older than 10. She looked like your stereotypical mean girl if you will... very prissy, huge expensive purse on her arm, skirt and tank top and wedge heels, hair in a ponytail sprayed to the high heavens and a sour look on her face. I first saw her in the ladies room and was shocked when she came in the same theater. She was there with her mother, and every time there was a suggestive scene I kept thinking about her watching this, and it actually made me sad. Why would any mother bring such a young child to this? It's rated R for a reason.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I thought the overall style was in keeping with the series as well. I expected it to be less graphic but there everything was, more in your face than ever due to the big screen!
    I actually thought it was fairly tame, given the way the series was. Yes, there were a few 'scenes', but there was only 1 really graphic scene involving Miranda - totally out of character for Samantha. The other scenes involving the girls were rather tame (except for Dante)

I found most of the plot weak - it felt a little thrown together and a lot of the characters did not react the way they would have given the tv series. For example, I was disappointed that Smith gave up on Samantha so easily. He was always a fighter and to just let her walk off was disappointing. It almost seemed as if his storyline was just there for filler. And for that matter, the 'old' Samantha would have paid a visit to Dante before leaving Cali - nope...not in the movie.

I was happy with Charlotte & Harries storyline - Yeah!!!

Miranda & Steves' plot line seemed rushed too.

Carrie & Big....I just wish the storyline had of been different for them. I am happy to see them together, but the depression part of the movie was boring. I wish in the end, to have made it a true fairy tale ending, that it would have turned out that Big was the sole buyer for the new penthouse and they would end up living there happily ever after.

I liked Jennifer Hudsons character, it was a nice storyline!

I just wish the series was still on....
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it today and I liked it...I am just a little upset at Samantha...I understand what she gave up to be with Smith but he was a great guy to her...I guess that is how she wanted here life...SINGLE...I hope they will make these movies every so often so we can catch up on their lives...I would see them all...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    WARNING! This post will be spoiler filled.

I think that the majority of the fans wanted Carrie to get her happy ending with Big, and it would've been horrible if they ended the movie with them still split. .
    I definitely agree! The romance between Carrie, and Big and Carrie and NYC have been the underlying love stories the whole time....even when Carrie was with Aiden and the Russian. I believe the writers always intended Carrie to either be single in NYC or with Big...which I thought was PERFECT....just like Cinderella!

I loved the movie and thought it was great. I did think it was a little tame compared to the HBO series but at the same time thinking about those huge screens and all that sex would have been a little "in your face!"

Just like when the series ended, now that the movie is out and I have seen it, I am sad it is over. It is like having good friends move away...but thank goodness for DVD's!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else hear the rumor someone was going to die?? It was all over IMDB and every time the phone would ring or when Steve went to Buddkhan I kept waiting for the (excuse the pun) other shoe to drop. I actually went and saw it again because I was soo nervous the first go thru. I thought it was ok. It didn't feel quite like the series to me, I can't explain it. There were some good parts i enjoyed and it's cool that it's all wrapped up and we know how it ends.
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

I had read the same thing about someone dying...I told my friend before the movie started and we were nervous the whole way thru...I kept thinking that it was going to be Mr. Big...So glad it was a rumor and not true...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threeh View Post
    Did anyone else hear the rumor someone was going to die?? .
    I had heard the rumor as well, but a few days before the premiere, one of the producers or writers (can't remember who right now) came out and actually said that they would never do that, and guaranteed that none of the main characters die.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

i loved the movie. i was a little dissapointed on samantha not hooking up with dante but other then that i loved it. sooo glad carrie and mr big ended up together at the end.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it! Cried many times, happy and sad tears. I adored the series, and wasn't disappointed at all with the movie. I loved how seemlessly fashion and NYC remained supporting characters.

I'm very glad Miranda and Steve worked things out, as they were always my favorite. Miranda can just be so.....difficult, sometimes.

And did anyone else notice Stanford and the cigarette while Carrie was getting into the car to go to the library for the wedding? That bugged me for some reason.

Oh, and you know I had to weigh in on Jennifer Hudson's role. Completely unnecessary, IMO. I couldn't even understand what she was saying half the time.

Anyway, can't wait for this movie to hit DVD.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: