Quantcast Mad at Hubby - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad at Hubby

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am the odd ball...a woman who likes cars! I'd spend money on my "dream car" if I could....but mine runs about $280,000.00 So I know I will never own one.
    (Lincoln model k sport phaton)

But I would try to not be too verbal about his "dream" car...everyone wants something that's not practical. Which is why DH bought a sailboat for me! We bought a sailboat that is in Georgia, and are living in Nevada....

Anyway....maybe you need 2 savings accounts, and deposit equal amounts in them. One for car, and one for vacation.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Who wants the vacation more, you or him? If you want the vacation, and he's tagging along to make you happy, then he might think that he will have to give us his car for your vacation. That could be his perspective, right or wrong. Also, how could it be an either/or situation? If your vacation will cost as much as the car, then that's one very expensive vacation.

Why don't you make a deal with him? Since most cars are financed for 4 years, then have him figure out the cost to buy it new and then divide that by 48. He can then put away that amount (1/48th) every month until the end of the four years. If he can't afford to do that, then he probably won't be able to finance it in four year's time and can't afford the car. If he needs another year to save, then he'll just delay buying the car for one year. If he has enough money to buy the new car and indeed buys it, then he should immediately start saving for the next car. That way he's not beholden to a car loan ever again.

In the meantime, figure out how much the vacation would cost and use the same method to determine a monthly savings amount. Then you start saving for it.

You mention that you have to pay child support until then. Yes, you could rely on that freed up money to finance your vacation, but don't be surprised if something comes up to eat up those funds. Something always does. Plan for what you want and then save for it. If you can't save for it, then you can't afford it.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Just be glad he's not hooked on the idea of a $125,000 Porsche like I am. It could be worse.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DestinationWDW View Post
    It's a guy thing
    HEY! I am a girl (and former owner of a yellow camero) and I am dreaming of buying that car too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Well...... it is a sweet car!!!!

I wonder how much they will charge for the "transforming" option

Post Thanks / Like

That definitely was not a '68 or '69 Camaro. I have a '79 TransAm and it's closer to that year. They are very much the same body style.
    But unfortunately the car will last longer than the vacation.
    But with the price of gas, does he really want to buy a gas guzzler? I bought mine right before the gas shortages. Not a fun time!
    I too think it's a midlife crisis dream. And as stated, in 4-5 years the body styles will have changed again. The Camaros and Vettes don't look anything like they used to look so he probably won't want one by then anyway.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My husband just loves that car too. He's always saying someday he'll get a Shelby (Is that a car? she asked innocently knowing he would babble for a good 20 minutes and she could concentrate on something else)

In 4 years, he'll probably be over it. Let him dream and if he doesn't change his mind, worry about it then.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I would just think it's my husband talking about something he wanted to do 4-5 years from now....things change all the time, I wouldn't waste too much time being angry about it.

GM could change their mind and decide not to bother making the car!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

The car would definately cost more than the vacation.

I told him I saw this nice car in the parking garage at work. He looked at me and said "don't talk to me about cars". So we don't talk about it.

JEFF - glad we could be of assistance to you with your mid-life crisis negotiating
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand him wanting that car. Remember when cars all looked different. Trans Ams had their own look same with vettes and camaros now they all look alike. However if it is supposed be like the car in the movie then it probably will have the same engine in the movie and no one will be able to afford the gas for it anyways. I say wait to get mad ,he will most likely change his mind in 4-5 years and the need to get a new camaro will be replaced with the need to get something else.
    Coreen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: