Quantcast Shoe issues!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoe issues!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shoe issues!

Ever since I was little I was never able to wear shoes with backs to them. I always got blisters on my heels and they would rub all the time and I could never "break them in". So the last few times I have been to WDW, I have always suffered with poor shoe choices because they are the only kind I style I can wear. I used to have a pair of Nike slip on athletic type shoes that were super comfy but I lost those. They no longer make those ones so now I am looking for replacements. Any ideas of comfortable shoes that have no backs??? I'm looking to buy some now and try to break them in before we go in August. TY!!!!
    ~I married my best friend! September 16, 2006 ~
    May 1995' - Off site condo
    Feb. 1999' - Off site rental house
    Christmas 2000' - All Star Movies
    Sept. 2005' - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 - POP Century - Free Dining!!
    Upcoming trip:
    Labor Day 2008 - POR - Free Dining again!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Old Navy flip flops worked great for us.
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs are probably the most comfortable thing you can buy without backs that would bother you. My DS7 is a diabetic and we have to watch his feet very carefully. Crocs were recommended for him and they worked great on our last WDW trip. No blisters and his feet didn't seem to get very sore during the day.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Crocs are probably the most comfortable thing you can buy without backs that would bother you. My DS7 is a diabetic and we have to watch his feet very carefully. Crocs were recommended for him and they worked great on our last WDW trip. No blisters and his feet didn't seem to get very sore during the day.
    I bought the Mickey crocs last time we were there and the top of the shoes rubbed against my foot and gave me blisters.. are you supposed to wear them with socks or without?? I wore them without and thats why they gave me blisters (with the sweat of my foot mixed with the rubbing, made for a bad combo!) Do they look stupid with socks??
    Upcoming trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Birkenstocks, Birkenstocks, Birkenstocks.....all day= no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTracie View Post
    I bought the Mickey crocs last time we were there and the top of the shoes rubbed against my foot and gave me blisters.. are you supposed to wear them with socks or without?? I wore them without and thats why they gave me blisters (with the sweat of my foot mixed with the rubbing, made for a bad combo!) Do they look stupid with socks??
    I'm not a fan of Crocs with socks, unless I'm wearing jeans, in which case you can't really see them.

As far as the rubbing is concerned, for the past couple trips I have put Body Glide (from sporting goods store) on any areas of my feet that could be a problem. I have not had any blisters.
    Last edited by Aggie97; 04-24-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo
    șOș April șOș

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Bodyglide! I wore sandals that I would never wear for that amount of walking with a little body glide over the part where I always get a blister and after a whole day at the park, my feet were totally fine. Even today when I wear them to work, I throw a little on and it's not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

bandaid also makes a blister stick that works very well to prevent them.

Personally I've had great luck with Skechers shoes for the parks including many of their backless versions of shoes. You may want to try them.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I got those same blisters from my crocs (which btw I love!) but they went away over night and never came back during our trip. I agree with others that they look ridiculous with socks, but I'd do it if my feet hurt. Who am I ever going to see again in Disney? lolol.

I just don't get the Birkenstock shoe craze. The bottoms of them look so uncomfy like there's not much cushy to them. Is there? Is the look of them deceiving?
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think wearing sock with your crocs looks stupid. I wear my socks all the time. I wear the very thin, low cut socks and it is much more comfy than no socks.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same way (actually have a heel deformity-- it's called Haglan's... you sound just like me so try googling it)-- it's really hard finding backless shoes you can walk in all day.

EasySpirit has some backless tennies right now, as well as ones with straps that are actually comfy and not bothersome. Surprisingly, they're not completely hideous(though definitely not trendy, either!).

I don't like the regular crocs, but the MaryJanes were fine. I think they're a bit wider or cut differently somehow. I haven't tried them yet, but I've also heard rave reviews about the Crocs flip-flops.

I also wore regular tennies for the first time last trip and did OK. The key is to put it on your foot, then really pound your heel back into the shoe so it's snug there (literally kick the floor with your heel back). Then lace it tightly. After years of working out in tennies with back straps, I've finally been able to wear real ones. Just find a great store that will really help you find a perfect fitting shoe.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Keds make a tennis shoe in several colors that are backless. I really like the design but I prefer a back so I haven't bought any. I've seen the keds at Kohls & Goodys. Also, I don't think socks look good with crocs.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

Before I discovered Crocs, my favorite shoes were my flip-flops and backless Sketcher sneakers. I also have a pair of backless Easy Spirit sneakers that are extremely comfy as well. I haven't worn either of them since I got my first pair of Crocs though - and I wear mine with lightweight, low-cut socks too. I have a pair of Crocs Capri flip-flops and they are pretty comfy but occasionally the little nubs irritate the bottom of my foot at the base of my toes, especially when I've been wearing them all day.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of Columbia thong sandles that are great...They have a soft instep and they are great to walk in...There is a slight arch in them and they dry pretty fast...Have you thought about a pair of Clarks sandles?
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Try a good walking shoe, I like adis got some at famous footwear for a good price
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    bandaid also makes a blister stick that works very well to prevent them.

Personally I've had great luck with Skechers shoes for the parks including many of their backless versions of shoes. You may want to try them.
    I'll echo Skechers. I have the Calies (slip-on style Mary Jane skimmers in a Crocs material - come in oodles of colors), and other slip-on style Skechers sneaks. Ridiculously comfy. They also make great thong type sandals with stretchy uppers (more than just a typical thong) with very supportive rubber soles. I have a black pair, and they are amazing. They are a sporty type of sandal. They also come in white.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all the ideas!! I am going to pick up some of that body glide stuff and bring my crocs along because they were really comfy to walk in (besides the blister part!). Also I agree with the people who suggested Skechers. I love the look of their shoes and was thinking about getting a pair. I'm glad that other people think they are comfy to walk in all day. That makes me want to buy them more. Thank you again for all your help!!!
    Upcoming trip:

Post Thanks / Like

If you're still looking, another brand to check out is Ryka. They are made on a last for women's feet. Translated: broader in the toe and narrower in the heel. They work well for me because my heel tends to slip up and down in most sneakers.

Ryka also makes some open-back shoes. I haven't tried them--my left foot requires significant support when walking any distance.

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend Teva flip flops. I generally wear tennis shoes or regular Tevas, but for a change one night on our last trip, I tried my Teva flip flops. My feet felt great! The sole is very thick and cushion-y and the thong strap itself is soft and sort of cushioned. I ended up wearing them for most of the time after that. In fact, I have them on right now!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teva?

I looked up Teva's online and saw a lot of comfy looking shoes.. kind of lacking in the style department, but I need something comfortable!!

I saw the Teva Dozer Clog on there that looked like something I would wear. Anyone had any experience with this shoe?? Do you wear it with socks or barefeet??

I know that my husband has had a pair of the Teva sandals and wore them to death!!
    Upcoming trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: