Quantcast Activities for 9 year-old

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities for 9 year-old

Our DD is growing up and past the characters and princess stage, but we'd still like to do something special for our upcoming trip. Are the various pirate cruises mostly attended by younger children? Any other sugestions would be welcome, as well.

Thanks in advance.
    offsite June 1981
    Polynesian October 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2003
    Offsite March 2004
    Wilderness Lodge June 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2004
    Offsite October 2005
    POR/Animal Kingdom Lodge Feburary 2007
    BC May/June 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the Family Magic Tour at the MK? Its a quest to save Peter Pan from the evil Captain Hook. The guide and group follow clues thruout the park. It starts out in the morning at the MK. (must be booked in advance). There are fun ice breakers for the group to help us get to know one another a bit before the treasure hunt begins! We had all ages in our group, kids as young as 6, all the way up to a grandparent. We hopped, skipped and jumped and acted silly thruout the park as we followed clues. We were all over the MK and there is no being shy on this tour. It was so very much fun, and the guide made sure to include each and every person in a special way. It was a terrific way to spend our morning and it ends with a meeting of a special guest and photo op. It was a highlight of our trip for my kids who were 12, 10 and 7 at the time of our tour.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

When our granddaughter was about that age she did the mask at the Epcot kidcot fun spots.

Each country in World Showcase has a place set aside with a table, some craft items and a CM from that country.

At any country you can get a plain mask which you can decorate at that country and the countries you visit next. There are different things at each country - sort of like charms - that can be added. I'm not sure but I think the masks are free. They are a stiff paper, on a stick.

The CMs at each country's kidcot fun spot will chat with your daughter and tell her things about their countries, as well as personally write something on the mask.

How many countries you visit is up to you. You will wind up with a memorable souvenir and very likely something your daughter can bring to class to share what she's learned.

We like to visit a couple of countries at Epcot each evening so this was an activity granddaughter could do over our whole visit. She remembered her mask every evening, she was that interested in doing the activity.

This was not something our grandson was interested in but he did like buying the passport and at each country having the CM write on his passport. There are also stamps to put on each page.

Has your daughter gotten into pin trading? This is another on-going activity that our grandkids enjoyed on several trips.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Default My kids love the Pirate Adventure and Advenures in Cooking

Last year my two children DS11 and DD7 did the Pirate Adventure and the Adventures in Cooking at the Grand Floridian. They both loved both activities. I thought my son would not like the cooking. He complained about going but afterward he said he liked it as well as he liked the pirate adventure and he LOVED the pirate adventure. My DD was not thrilled with going on the pirate adventure but in the end she loved it. The treated the girls as pirate princesses. When they divided up the treasure they found she got tons of jewels, rings and necklaces along with some candy and a pirate bandana. We are going back this summer and both kids want to do both again. My DS is sad because this will be the last year he can participate because he is now twelve.
    I don't know if your daughter would enjoy these activities but my children love them.
    LuAnn
    *Love that Mouse!~~"Are We There Yet?"
    Go UD!
    GO Dayton Flyers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, all.

Some great suggestions. We may try the pirate adventure that operates out of POR, because she's never seen that part of Disney World.
    offsite June 1981
    Polynesian October 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2003
    Offsite March 2004
    Wilderness Lodge June 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2004
    Offsite October 2005
    POR/Animal Kingdom Lodge Feburary 2007
    BC May/June 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: