Quantcast Anyone used Quicksilver?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone used Quicksilver?

Would love to hear feedback on Quicksilver Towncar. DH wants me to use a towncar service on my next trip. However I am a bit nervous. I am looking into Quicksilver just because they are a sponsor here.

DD and I used another car service on our last trip and had requested a grocery stop months in advance. (I even spoke to the driver about this before we left the airport.) The driver 'forgot' to get off at the right exit and took us to a gas station convenice store on Disney property. I was upset because we had planned to get breakfast foods and water which were not available at this location. To top it off the towncar service had the nerve to say I was in the wrong to be upset simply because the driver's driving was OK and a grocery stop was just a free service. In short beggers can't be choosers. But it really affected my plans.

Sorry got side tracked with that rant. DH feels strongly about this. He won't be coming on this trip. I need reassurance that I will get what I contract for with Quicksilver. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We used Quicksilver on two trips and they were great. On time, courteous, and professional. Great service, no complaints. Good folks. BTW, both times were before they were Intercot sponsors. Have a great trip!

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

We have also used them and found them to be prompt, courteous, and professional. Our grocery stop was between the airport and the Disney property. This was great, because they got far enough away from both locations to get fairly reasonable prices. Better yet, the grocery store they stopped at had a fully supplied liquor store attached
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

In case you didn't see it, there's a Quicksilver thread at the top of this forum (or just use the link I provided) that has some additional comments.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We are using Quicksilver for the first time ever. They are picking us up at All Star Sports and taking us to Seaworld. It will be round trip. Last time we did this, we took a taxi, and it didn't work out. We are looking forward to our adventure to Seaworld. Should be fun.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

We used QuickSilver to go to Wrestlemania from Saratoga Springs and loved it. My DS loved the upgrade to an Escalade and our driver, Cesar, went out of his way to find us after the event. As you can imagine with 75000 people at the Citrus Bowl along with road closures, he had to find parking as close as possible and then walk in to find us.

It was one of the highlights of the trip and certainly allowed us to enjoy the night rather than worry about the traffic. I would recommend QuickSilver to whomever asks.

Cheers!

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

90, 92
    - Offsite
    04, 06 - Pop Century
    Jan/Dec 07 - SSR
    Mar 08 - SSR - Wrestlemania
    May 08 - Vero Beach "Girls Weekend"
    Feb/Aug 09 - SSR & CBR
    Jan 10 - SSR solo
    Next Trip
    Feb 11 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have used them several times - always on time, courteous, friendly, professional. One time my husband and I flew in to Orlando on different airlines (maximizing our airline award miles... ) and arrived within about an hour of each other - they knew better than we did how to handle it! They gathered us both up and got us to our hotel, and it was midnight or even later.

Never had a problem with them.
    KTF = KERMIT T. FROG!

Last trips:
    Oct 2011 Food and Wine!
    Dec 2006 WL
    Sept 2007 POFQ
    Disney West Dec 10-13, 2008
    Disney West Dec 13-16, 2009

NEXT: Oct 2015 Food and Wine at the World !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used Quicksilver once in December 2007.
    The driver was a very friendly, nice guy who seemed genuinely happy to talk about himself and ask us nice questions, the grocery stop was very convienent, we stopped at a Publix. He helped us carry the groceries and everything, great guy!

The car was superb, we got a free upgrade so that was very nice, a huge car for just 2 people but appreciated none the less

The one thing I did not like was the fact that they advertized that I could make a free international phone call (I live in the Netherlands, so it was one of the reasons I chose Quicksilver) but when I mentioned this to the driver he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and said that maybe I could use a pay/phone.

After this, I was convinced that I probably would not use their service again (as I said in the thread someone posted above) But someone from Quicksilver reacted to my complaint right away in a courteous manner and for my next trip in June I will hire them once again
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all. I have added Quicksilver to my Rolodex (I know I am dating myself). I will give them a call soon.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still trying to decide if we want to give ME a try this trip. If we decide not to we will definately try Quicksilver. We used to use the old sponsor (won't say the name) and the last 2 trips had lots of trouble with them. They were really late picking us up and the car was not clean etc.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to give another thumbs up to Quicksilver. We used them on our last two trips (prior to becoming an Intercot Sponsor) and had great, courteous service and got our grocery stop. The stop is a must have for us for water, snacks and an adult beverage for after a long day in the parks. Highly recommend them!!
    Kathy

Contemporary - 8/79
    Hotel Royal Plaza - 6/83
    Contemporary- 7/85
    Grand Floridian - 6/93
    Shades of Green - 9/99
    Contemporary - 9/03
    Shades of Green - 12/06
    Shades of Green - 5/07
    Shades of Green - 7/10
    Shades of Green - 7/11
    Next Trip??? Not soon enough!!!