Quantcast Pal Mickey

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pal Mickey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pal Mickey

I was reading recently about Pal Mickey. He sounds unbelivably cool. We are visiting WDW in June for the first time ever. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase him and since I have 2 kids, would I need 2 PM so they wouldn't fight over him?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have two children........and i have 2 pal mickeys. It really is a neat gadget. My kids are 7 & 9 and they get a real kick out of it. Sceptical at first, and its a bit pricey but we have gotten our moneys worth out of both.
    FT Wilderness every year since 1976..TRIPS IN 2010....Princess Marathon March10 (Contemporary),Easter 2010 (AKL), Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (FW Cabins), June 2010 (Wliderness Lodge), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Sept 10 (DGC), Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Oct 2010 (WL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice. sounds like something i may need to invest in.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one for myself the first year they came out, in 2002 or 2003. I love mine. We have been to the the parks so many times now so I don't take mine in the parks anymore, but I always take him with us on our trip. I've read mixed reviews on him, I think mostly because the price is a little high, but I definitely plan to get my 10 year old niece one when we go this fall. I think if it's in your budget to get two, your kids would probably enjoy that more. And they even have a few outfits you can buy for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pal Mickey

I purchased A Pal Mickey the first year they were out. He is a little hard to carry around even with the lanyard and with the high price tag if the kids have Mickey I watch closely, there are so many times in line that you start and stop that they may leave him. After a while I usually end up with Mickey hanging around my neck. This a neat purchase I don't know if you need 2 but the one thing I like about him is that Mickey tells you about things as you pass by. Also the feature of telling you when lines are shorter at certain attractions is cool also. I'm not convinced that the information is accurate or not.A couple of times I arrived at an attraction that was packed after Mickey said there was a short line. Maybe they could come out with a more portable device that was like Pal Mickey but maybe pocket sized.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard about Pal Mickey back in '05 and have wanted one desperately ever since ... and I'm 23 years old! It's amazing that Disney can imagine all of this neat stuff, right down to stuffed animals that not only tell jokes, but also give you information and fun facts about the parks.

I think if it were me, I would definitely splurge for two of them if it were within my budget. I know I wouldn't want to share him! But if your kids are good at sharing, you could always get just one and work out a time-table type of thing.
    I don't like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It's just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main.

-- Walt Disney --

Post Thanks / Like

How much do they cost? How big are they? I couldn't imagine carrying a stuffed animal around with me all day.

Post Thanks / Like

He's $65 and is about the height of a Barbie doll, not very big at all. He does have a very nifty belt clip.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they've added new sensors to any of the parks recently, and if so, are they compatible with the older Pal Mickeys? I have the Happiest Celebration on Earth Pal Mickey so if there are new ones, will he work with them?
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

We have one and have a lot of fun with him. But I would only buy one. I think your kids would get tired of carrying him around all day if they each had one.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Does Pal Mickey work at all of the parks or just MK?
    It sounds fantastic and will definately be getting one for my son when we go to WDW later in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they've added new sensors to any of the parks recently, and if so, are they compatible with the older Pal Mickeys? I have the Happiest Celebration on Earth Pal Mickey so if there are new ones, will he work with them?
    Yep they do! I got mine the first year and he's good to go. I cant remember what any of the new ones (sensors) are but I know you can take your Pal Mickey to Town Hall/Guest Services to be sure he is updated! Thats what I did when I asked a CM that very same question. And he does work in all the parks! Cool huh?
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    Yep they do! I got mine the first year and he's good to go. I cant remember what any of the new ones (sensors) are but I know you can take your Pal Mickey to Town Hall/Guest Services to be sure he is updated! Thats what I did when I asked a CM that very same question. And he does work in all the parks! Cool huh?
    I was just wonder but i had a pal mickey from the Happiest Celebration and I posted a thread on my old intercot name and i was told i had to but a new one, so when i went down during Year of a Million Dreams i bought a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine in 03 when I went on my Honeymoon. I'm bringing him back...He was fun, but it did get kinda old carrying him around. I did not get a lanyard or clip. he wound up going in our backpack.

So when you brought him to guest services, did they just give you a new PM or just do something to him so he was updated? Mine has kinda smudgy hands/gloves, because *someone* played with him while they had sticky fingers...grr...
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We have one from 2005 that My friend got at xmas with her Disney employee discount. I don't think it is worth the full price of $65.00. I remember when they came out, they were only around $30 and you could also rent it for the day. The kids play with it in the morning but its usually in the pack by noon time.
    12-AKV (Jun)
    11-BLT (Nov)
    10-AKV (Jun) BLT (Nov)
    09-New DVC member @BLT
    09-SSR ( Dec)
    08-POFQ (Halloween)
    07-AS Music (Halloween)
    06-AS Movies (Halloween)
    05-AS Movies (Apr)
    01-2003 Off Site
    00-CS (5 year anniversary)
    97-AS Sports (friends wedding)
    95-Dixie Landings (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

PAL MICKEY - You can tell if he's been updated by taking him to the statue of Minnie and Roy near the flagpole at MK. He should start talking or vibrate. If he does not, do not take him to the Emporium. Take him to City Hall, they sort out the issues there.

Interactive Locations:

Epcot Attractions:
    Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, Test Track, World Showcase, Future World, Mission:SPACE,
    Fountain of Nations, Land Pavilion, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Universe of Energy, Mexico Pavilion, Norway Pavilion, Maelstrom, China Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, Italy Pavilion, American Adventure, Japan Pavilion,
    Morocco Pavilion, France Pavilion, United Kingdom Pavilion, Canada Pavilion, IllumiNations, Dolphin and Cuttlefish at the Living Seas, World Showcase character greetings, World Showcase entertainment offerings

Disney Hollywood Studio Attractions:
    Crossroads, Sunset Boulevard, Animation Studio, Great Movie Ride, Sorcerer's Hat,
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Sounds Dangerous, Gertie the Dinosaur, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3-D,
    Al's Toy Barn, New York Street, Catastrophe Canyon, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man's Dream, Backlot Tour, Beauty and the Beast stage show, Sorcerer's Hat character greetings, Fantasmic!, Mickey Avenue character greetings, Stars and Motor Cars Parade

Animal Kingdom Attractions:
    Harambe Village, Pangani Trail, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition, Dinoland U.S.A., Boneyard, DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl, Dino-rama, Discovery Island, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Tree of Life, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali River Rapids, Flights of Wonder, Island Mercantile character greetings, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, Character Landing character greetings

Magic Kingdom Attractions:
    Walt Disney World Railroad, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, Mad Tea Party, Goofy's Barnstormer, Cinderella Castle, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Haunted Mansion , Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventureland character greetings, Cinderella Castle Stage Show, Dreams Come True Parade, Toontown character greetings
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default I love the little guy.

I bought a Pal Mickey for my two DDs back in '03 literally the week they became available (he turns five in about two weeks!). My kids really enjoyed the little guy, and played with him quite a bit in line.

I would love someone to assure us that he can be updated when we return. The cost at that time was $50. Ours has a belt clip, so he's pretty easy to carry around. Sure wouldn't want him around my neck!!
    "It's a girl! A girl? In the castle? She's the one...the one we have been waiting for!"

'74 Int'l Drive
    '83 FW
    '86 LBV
    '92 Offsite @ Christmas (never again!)
    '01 One day! :(
    '03 POFQ with my 2 DDs
    '08 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain Man View Post
    I would love someone to assure us that he can be updated when we return. The cost at that time was $50. Ours has a belt clip, so he's pretty easy to carry around. Sure wouldn't want him around my neck!!
    rest assured.. he should update on his own but if theres problems he can be updated at City Hall

Post Thanks / Like

Default my pal mickey

we were down at disney back in jan. and we got a my pal mickey. hes cool and he has games and has little jokes. he tells all about all 4 parks and makes the lines go faster. he sings and says which rides to go on. all in all hes really cool and fn to have. hes a little expensive but hes worth it.
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-06-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So if I have one of the orginal ones and I take him he will update for even the rides that are new since I purchased him? I thought they only updated for the orginal programing. In other words he wouldn't ever be able to get the new ride additions since his orginal purchase. I had been thinking of getting a new one just because of this but would prefer to just update my old one if that is true.
    Dixie Landings 1997<br />Dixie Landings 2000<br />AKL 2002<br />AKL December 2003

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: