Quantcast Best Place to View P&PP fireworks and Wishe's with little one

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Place to View P&PP fireworks and Wishe's with little one

This will be Hayden's third trip to WDW, but we would like to see the fireworks this time, in the past he has been very skittish with loud noises so we have avoided them.

For all you parent sout there with little ones where would you recommend seeing the fireworks where you can make a hasty getaway into a ride or shop etc.. if need be. Thanks for your help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. MY DS is 5, but he's never seen fireworks and I want it to be special.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Going to be tough to find "quiet" fireworks.
    2) I live 10 miles away and hear WISHES from MK.
    3) I would recommend Illuminations for "less boomers".
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Try viewing the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. It's a great view and there's plenty of distance (with an option to escape inside if Hayden gets "skittish." Talk to him about the experience in advance.
    offsite June 1981
    Polynesian October 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2003
    Offsite March 2004
    Wilderness Lodge June 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2004
    Offsite October 2005
    POR/Animal Kingdom Lodge Feburary 2007
    BC May/June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cotton

Definetly not at the back of the Castle we accidently ended up by Dumbo the spot was great fireworks, to the front side and back, but very loud. I would do Mainstreet and just take some cotton balls for his ears.
    2000- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2003 -All Star Movies-Woody
    2004- All Star Movies-Dalmations
    2005- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2006-All Star Sports-Basketball
    2007-Carribean Beach
    2-14-08- All Star Movies Birthday
    2009-AS Movies
    2012 AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 'Nother vote for the Poly

Last June an acquaintance viewed Wishes from the Poly Beach, to avoid the MK crowds, and enjoyed the experience. Glad to be there instead of with the crowd in MK.

While we have not seen Wishes from the Poly beach, we have been lucky enough to view Wishes from 4 different locations - in front of Caseys, between Main Street and Tomorrowland, Frontierland, and the beach at Fort Wilderness.

If I remember correctly you're going in May, so you may not have the big crowds that we had in June, but I suspect any of the inside MK locations will be crowded, both outside and inside stores/attractions, except perhaps the Baby Center (whatever it's called?)

For noise level, definitely recommend outside MK. You may not get the music but honestly, I don't notice it while the fireworks are going on. They are really great and must be very viewable from the Poly as we had wonderful displays even from the FW beach with the island and all inbetween. In front of Caseys' we were at a table with a tree completely blocking the Castle, but still great views of the fireworks themselves.

BTW, on our last trip, our 2 year old grandniece had been frightened of the 'booms' as she called the fireworks which we could hear from our resort. After she saw what was making the booms, she didn't mind them the rest of the trip.

Perhaps you'll want to schedule your fireworks as early in your trip as you can, just in case they're a big hit with Hayden.

Hope it works out for you!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to be in the MK, I would stick to Main Street, somewhere near a doorway into a gift shop if necessary. My other thought is near the Tomorrowland Terrace - if nothing else, there's a nice restroom that you could duck into for the duration of the fireworks. I don't know if Hayden would like ear muffs, but that might help muffle some of the sound. I hope you get to see them - they are some of the most awesome fireworks I've ever seen.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all the advice. Hayden's mommy took him and his grandparents to see some fireworks at a local ballpark (I know nothing like what is at Disney) but they were near by and he actually slept through them so hopefully he will be fine. I really want to see the P&PP fireworks and they aren't until our last night so we should have plenty of opportunity to see others and see how he does. If he doesn't like them then we will duck into Toontown and visit the Princesess like we did at the Christmas party.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy Mack's earplugs for kids. I have a very sensitive child who loves fireworks but cannot stand the loudness. The plugs are orange and waxy and mold to a child's ear. We use them CONSTANTLY at WDW on attractions, during parades, anything loud (which is most things at WDW!).

I now travel with them everywhere!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: