Quantcast Tell me about Akershus for Dinner

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tell me about Akershus for Dinner

I've have read many posts re: Akershus for breakfast, but I'm wanting to hear from anyone who has done the dinner there. How is the food? I'm not sure if we will like the choices that I've seen on the menus....

Breakfast there really isn't an option for us because of plans and my kids really don't eat much for breakfast.
    We have ADR's elsewhere, but thinking of changing so my DD can eat with the Princesses. (we've done CRT in the past....) TIA!
    Heather

WL- Aug. 2008
    AKL- July 2006
    Off site- Sept. 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there for dinner with 4 special needs guys who are picky eaters. There was plenty of stuff they liked. I just had to interpret the menu for them. Some of the menu items sound more bizarre then they are and you only need to simplify it.

For instance, a steak is a steak no matter what it is called on the menu. A porkchop is a porkchop, etc.

Besides the menu, there is a cold buffet with plenty of stuff for kids.

We had great experiences with the princesses too. Ariel was our favorite.
    Never underestimate the power of High School Musical!

Pop Century - Dec/2004
    Pop Century - Nov/2005
    Coronado Springs - Dec/2005
    Pop Century - Nov/2007
    Dolphin - Nov-Dec/2007
    Pop Century - Dec 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I have been there both times that i have been to WDW so DD could see the princesses. I know some people do not like the food but everyone in our family loves it. I know that both times I have had the poached cod with the horseradish (sp?) potatoes and it was very good. I believe my mom has had the pasta, and DH the lamb. The cold buffett is also very good in our opinion. DH has said in the past it was the best value of any meal that we had - it had a lot of smoked fish (including smoked salmon), different salads (tuna, egg, etc), different cheeses, etc. I know it doesn't suite everyone's taste but our idea was to try a little of everything and in the end it ended up being one of our favorite places to eat. Hope you enjoy! And the princessess were great when we we there too.
    ASMov/CSR - Oct 2010
    CSR/Ft Wilderness Cabins - June 2009
    POFQ - June 2007
    AKL - First time to WDW! - Dec 2005

Anytime I purchase, read, watch, promote, or travel to (and purchase some more) anything Disney I am not spending money - I am investing in my future as a proud disney stock holder.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dinner

Well, my dad and I are pickey eaters and we ordered off the kids menue. It was OK. The cold buffet ie, salad bar was good.

Hope that helps.
    2000- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2003 -All Star Movies-Woody
    2004- All Star Movies-Dalmations
    2005- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2006-All Star Sports-Basketball
    2007-Carribean Beach
    2-14-08- All Star Movies Birthday
    2009-AS Movies
    2012 AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We went for DD4's birthday last year during free dining. The fact that it was free and the princess interaction made it totally worth it for us but the food was not to our liking. Well, DH really enjoyed it but the kids and I found it a little underwhelming. My DS12 and I are pretty adventurous eaters usually but we just weren't into this menu.
    The princesses, however, were fantastic and my dd talked about it forever. The service was fine and the wait wasn't too bad even during FD. We got to meet Pocahontas, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel.
    You will find something to eat between the cold buffet and the menu but I was glad not to be shelling out the $200 plus for the 6 of us.
    1979 First time!
    Then 1988,1989,1991...
    2004 (1st time with kids!)
    2007 (1st time onsite - Pop Century!)
    2008 Disneyland (We loved it too!)
    2010 Sheraton Vistana Villages
    2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (Epcot View!)
    Next up: May 2013 Gram, Mom and Daughter Trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our family did not like this buffet, we haven't been back and don't plan on it.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Portland, ME (1421 miles from the Magic!!)
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate here in early February.
    The "taste of norway" (the pre-entree 'salad' bar) was tasty, lots of different things to try - cold salads, cheeses, salamis, etc. something for most everyone. (also more 'traditional" norweigan fare such as herring and peppered trout)
    For an entree, I had salmon served on potato pancakes with apple slaw. Something tasted slightly 'off' with this dish, but I figured it was just a combination I wasn't used to and continued to eat it. The dessert plate was also very good (I liked the rice cream best).
    Since we are two adults, I don't think we get as much interaction from the characters - but that's OK with us, all we want is a pic and to go back to our meal. They seemed to spend more time with the families with small children.
    I did (unfortunately) wind up the night we ate here, but I do not know for sure if it was my 'off' tasting entree.

Over all, our meal & experience here was good. I would recommend it to families with young children but not for those looking for a fine dining experience.
    "Veggie, veggie! Fruit, fruit!"
    Next Trip: April 2013 - POP
    Previous Trips: 11/12 – ASMu; 8/12 – ASMu; 2/12 - CSR; 12/08; 9/08; 5/08; 2/08 - POFQ; ‘06; ‘05; ’04- ASMu; ‘02-Offsite; ‘01-ASMo; ‘00; ‘99; ‘97-SOG; ‘96-FW Cabin; ‘94-CBR; ‘92-CBR; ‘90-CBR; ‘88-Poly; ‘86-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My kids are 9 and 3 and they loved the princess dinner at Norway. They would be content with a piece of bread if they get to see their princesses. That being said there are plenty of choices for everyone from the cold Buffet which are kind of like apps. The kids menu has typical staples such as hot dogs and burgers. You will be fine with the food plus the ambiance is pretty cool.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

i've been to the dinner there and thought it was great. my mom's favorite place to eat in epcot has always been germany. we decided to try akershus for something new, and now that is her favorite place!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone that has responded!

I went ahead and changed our ADR's for dinner here. I had to give up the Rose & Crown for this one But I'm really interested in seeing how we like it

My DD doesn't know about this....a surprise for her. I can't wait to see her surprise (she loves Mulan and Jasmine...I just hope one of them are there!)
    Heather

WL- Aug. 2008
    AKL- July 2006
    Off site- Sept. 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: