Quantcast What type of Crocs to wear in parks? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What style of Crocs are best in the parks?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beach/Cayman

52 45.22%
  • Mary Jane

20 17.39%
  • Cleo

9 7.83%
  • Athens

5 4.35%
  • Patra

1 0.87%
  • Prima

2 1.74%
  • Other - please describe

26 22.61%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

On that same note - flip flops were invented here in New Zealand, and the people here LOVE them. Flip flops are worn all year 'round! And yes, it does get cold here!

People also go barefoot here a lot, as there is no taboo against, it, and none of the stores have signs that say "no shirt/no shoes/no service".

In fact people here generally wear whatever they want, and do their hair in crazy styles - and no one looks at them weird or harasses them. It's awesome.

As far as WDW is concerned...I've seen people wearing high heels in the parks, which to me is crazy, but who am I to judge? WDW is a theme park where people go on vacation. If they want to wear Crocs, or flip flops or heels or whatever - hey, it's their choice. Crocs don't work for everyone, but sneakers don't either.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocs are not great shoes to wear in the parks, especially for kids. The soft texture of the shoe can get caught in moving surfaces like escalators and moving sidewalks. If that happens it can **** a kid's foot into the machinery and seriously cut it or amputate part of the foot.

Lots of rides at WDW use moving sidewalks as part of the loading and unloading platform.

If the shoes get wet, your feet slide around them, making you more likely to trip and fall.

One suggest is to skip the crocs, and get a good sport sandal like a TEVA. I've had friends who hiked miles in their TEVAs.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Many types of shoes (and clothing) can get caught in escalators and related machinery - accidents have happened well before crocs came along. And I don't recall any major incidents involving Crocs in WDW in the news...

I think the point is Crocs work for a lot of people, and they don't work for other people. We first learned about them on this site before our last trip and were QUITE happy we did.

And while Crocs can get slippery inside when wet, they dry way faster than other shoes, which cuts down on blisters (which I always get with sandals - even Tevas).

To each their own! If you don't like Crocs, don't wear them.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh...! The thread that WOULD NOT DIE!

Sorry, wouldn't be caught dead in them. I wear quality walking shoes with slick socks. My feet get sore and tired (I'm a bit Pooh shaped ) but at least they have support which Crocs do not provide.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have already replied - but this thread is just a hoot! The very first time we saw crocs - we were in WDW! We wondered - what are those strange looking shoes? Now they are our fav's. We haven't worn them to the parks yet, but I'm sure we all will next year. We wear them almost all waking hours that other shoes aren't required!

I figure - to each his own, this thread was started for other croc wearers to give info on how well they perform for them in touring the parks, and from what I've read, we will absolutely be wearing ours! They are such comfortable & supportive shoes! And I have a high arch, so to find a really casual shoe that offers the support that crocs do - it's amazing!

Just for giggles - as Tigger&Stitch mentioned - it's the women in high heels in the parks that freak me out!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the high heels. I have seen them dressed from head to toe in black with heels and wondered how on earth they could survive a day down there in all that. But it is what a person is used to that makes them comfortable. I normally don't look at what kind of shoes people wear. I just searched and searched for something comfortable to wear where I wasn't crying by the end of the day. That seems to be the only place I have gone that my feet swell so badly. Then a friend started talking about the crocs being so comfortable and when I saw the ones, I just had to have some. I bought some for my DGDs and they loved them and wouldn't take them off. They usually won't keep shoes on. I knew they had to be comfortable then. I bought a pair even though I had said you would never get me in a pair of those ugly shoes. I tried them out on a two day trip in June and I was sold! When we went in August, I tried different sneakers and shoes to compair and went back to the crocs. Nothing like them! I wear them all the time around here. I had no problems on moving sidewalks, etc. with them and have had no problems with them slipping when wet. Looking for the Mammoth now!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

This is just a personal update

when we went in Sept. i wore my cleo crocs and OMG i love them! but by the end of the trip i had one blister on the back of my heel, but it probably wont happen again, as i normally am not running around 8-10 miles a day in Disney lol.

Now i am thinking of getting a pair of the beach crocs. but i was looking on their website an i think im going to get the *hawaii* style, its the beach croc in dark green and a white strap w/the UH logo. Go Warriors!
    AP Holder since 2015

Post Thanks / Like

*shrug* I don't wear them and I don't let my kids wear them.

Crocs are more likely to cause entrapments in escalators because they are soft. There's been a number of reports and some of them have resulted in serious injury.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n20503139

You're an adult. Wear them if you like them.

Any shoe is safer for kids to wear, though.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Shoelaces are by FAR the biggest hazard on escalators...so make sure your children don't wear any shoes with shoelaces!!
    '90 - High School Trip
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:

Post Thanks / Like

This thread cracks me up! It's too much, really

I'm one of those irresponsible parents that let, rather have, their kids wear crocs. My girls love their Disney Crocs, we've actually cleared up a foot issue for one of them! I agree that Crocs are not for every time or situation. For instance, it is nothing for us to have a foot of snow...not good Croc weather. Playing soccer in gym class, not a good idea here either. But, I do have to say that for Disney I couldn't pick a better shoe for my kids. They prefer them with socks (so very styling, I know but I guess aside from being an irresponsible parent I am much to casual as well.) If one of those famous afternoon downpours happens I can pull out a fresh pair of socks for them or, if we happen to hit a two-shower day, we head to the bathroom to dry off their shoes and off we go again safe and sound. We've never had a safety incident including klutzy me. I love my Croc Capris and my Croc Alice shoes are actually quite trendy (hmm, maybe we aren't too casual.)

Now, shoelaces on the other hand can be dangerous, why isn't that in the news. I've personally (did I mention I am klutzy) managed to get them stuck all kinds of places, not to mention how gross they get along with the attached sneaker in those Florida downpours. High heels, I gave up wearing them when I had kids. It's one thing for me to fall but to fall with my child in-arms...goodness. Hey, guess I'm not as irresponsible of a parent as I thought.

Just goes to show, to each their own. Which brings me to my conclusion. Wear your sneakers, high heels, crocs, flip-flops whatever makes your feet happy. I can guarentee our feet aren't the same, our skin isn't the same. You might be able to go sockless all day, not me. To each their own! Kindly return the favor, though, and don't judge me as irresponsible or overtly casual because I wear shoes that are comfy and fit my needs!

Stepping off soapbox now in my styling Alice Crocs
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I wore my croc flip flops this past Sunday when we did a day trip to Epcot & MK - loved them. Very comfortable. Can't wait for the Florida weather to get a little cooler so that I can wear the Mammoth ones my DD bought me for Christmas. At least I'll definitely have them for our January mini-trip!!

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger&Stitch View Post
    Shoelaces are by FAR the biggest hazard on escalators...so make sure your children don't wear any shoes with shoelaces!!
    Yeah, so true! In theory, any shoe could get caught in an escalator. The problem stems from not picking up your feet when you walk!
    Trips to WDW:
    March 2007 Disney's All Star Movies
    Sept/Oct. 2007 Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside
    Dec. 2008 Pop Century
    April/May 2010 Polynesian

**Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patra!

Nothing to rub between your toes, nice and open to keep your feet cool...and when it rains... Who cares! Most comfortable things I've ever owned!
    ºoº Kim ºoº
    August '13 - Beach Club
    August '12 - All Star Homes
    September '08 - All-Star Homes, Pop, Poly...Whew! Lots of packing!
    September '07 - POFQ
    September '06 - Off Property
    ....And lots more than can fit on here!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I bought a pair of Croc Cleos and wore them before the trip. They were great until..........I wore them for WDW. I would never recommend wearing them in the parks. I wore them walking around Epcot the 1st day and the bottom of my feet were red and extremely raw. They hurt so bad I could barely walk. I had to wear tennis shoes and $2 Old Navy flip flops the rest of the trip. The Old Navy ones were more comfortable. It was the bottoms and straps that caused all the irration.

Good luck finding some comfortable shoes.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry just can't imagine wearing crocs to the parks i have to wear good sneakers my feet wouldn't last in crocs for very long just couldn't see there being anough support or comfort for me i usually wear running sneakers they seem to offer comfort and don't hurt my feet
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

I have Caymans and Alice Crocs.

I traded off between the Caymans and my Nike Shox sneakers during our 8 days at the World. The Nikes gave me blisters and irritated my feet every time I wore them. My Crocs left me pain free.

I find the Alices to be cuter, but not quite as comfy.

I love my Crocs and I have orthopedic issues. I just warn that when the arch support starts to go, it's time to replace them.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

....I suppose that since I checked off "other" in the poll...I need to elaborate here?

.....no Crocs for me...ever! I've worked too hard to ever want to wear plastic shoes!! Give me a good pair of leather sneakers (Nike's or Adidas)...with a nice cushioned in-sole...and an added arch supporting insert...and I'm good to go...and go...and go.

....the first and foremost rule of navigating WDW:

Take Care Of Your Feet!!!
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own as far as foot wear goes. I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that are comfortable for me. My toes do not like to be enclosed- it actually makes them hurt wether it is a shoe or a sheet!
    I usually wear birkenstocks to the parks but 2 trips ago I got some horrible blisters and my feet swelled up like crazy. I could barley walk and my feet were ruining the trip for the whole family. My son thankfully wears the same size I do so I borrowed his Adidas 'crocs' and wore socks with them to help sooth the blisters. Within 24hrs my feet really felt fine and I enjoyed the rest of my trip. My toes did not even get sore.
    When we returned home I bought some of my own crocs and my feet have been very happy ever since, even my knee does not act up anymore!
    I did buy the Cleos last summer and I really like them alot, a little more fashionable too. I wore them for a quick 3 day trip to WDW and my feet did great!
    I am going to buy a new pair of crocs soon so they are ready for my longer trip in december.
    And yes I will probably wear socks with them, short no show socks that match the color of the crocs.I have worn my crocs all winter long with warm socks even in below zero temps and they worked great, not slippery on the ice either!
    Crocs does sell ortho shoes too, ask all the nurses and med techs who wear them every day how they feel...

Funcruiser
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Post Thanks / Like

As I have said before, my Crocs are the most comfortable things I have ever worn to the parks. I would like to try some of the other styles though. I had trouble with my feet with everything else except the Crocs. This weekend we participated in a sale at our Civic Center with concrete floors and after being on my feet just a couple of hours on that floor Friday, my feet and back were killing me. So I wore my Crocs the next day for 16 hours and my back and feet were fine and had no problems. These give me more support than any athletic shoe ever has. Plastic or not, I wear what works.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Crocs!!