Quantcast How do YOU save money on dining? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It's easy for us "older folks". We book three or four ADR's for the week. The rest of the time, we eat when we're hungry, where we are. We don't qualify for the dining plans, so we don't even have to think about it.

We've never come home hungry, and it saves so much time not standing at a podium somewhere.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In the past, we have bought one water bottle each and then re-use the water bottle the whole trip filling up in water fountains, at the food court etc - where ever there was water. This saves a lot of $ in drinks!! Also, what a lot of folks have mentioned..... either ship down a box of easy breakfast items or, if you have a car, run to the grocery store on your first day (there is one right by DTD) and get some inexpensive, easy to carry things like granola bars, pop tarts, bagels, etc for breakfast and then you can also grab a couple of bags of pretzles, dried fruit, peanuts (whatever your snack is) and package it in a few zip lock bags to bring to the parks for snacks. (you'll only need a few zip locs if you re-use them so you could probably just pack those in your suitcase) If you would like to do the table service - lunch is less expensive, and then do counter service for dinner. Honestly, some of the snacks at WDW are like meals (turkey leg for example), you could probably get a couple of snacks to share and save the $ for a nicer meal later. Good luck!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

WE USE A GROCERY DELIVERY SERVICE

We had food delivered to our room in September and it worked out very well. We ordered pop, water, cereal, milk, snacks and diapers,etc. We took a fold up cooler bag and kept it in the bathroom with ice for the milk & juice, etc.

I have a cheap $8 toaster from Walmart that we take so we can make toast in the room for breakfast.

We have our resort mugs, but I like a cold can of coke at night and the fountain soda just does not cut it sometimes.

We also split a lot of our meals. his way we can get and appetizer, salad, entree and dessert and not feel guilty about it. I find the portions are huge otherwise and so much food goes to waste.

We also have the Disney Disney Experience 20% off card, but with them now adding an 18% gratuity I do not think it is as good of a deal, especially if the meal/service was not that good.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know "technically" you aren't supposed to bring in outside food to the parks.
    I take it they NEVER enforce this since many of you have taken coolers etc through with you??
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We haven't saved any money. But I remember one trip where we had no ADR's, so we had to eat counter service. I vowed, no counter service ever again. Now we have nice TS meals, and eat Mickey Bars in between.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

We use a grocery delivery service as well. I order individual cereal cups, gallon of milk, two half gallons of orange and apple juice, 3-6pks diet pepsi (24oz) bottles, creamer for coffee and some snacks. We have breakfast in our room everyday, unless we have a TS breakfast. If we do a TS breakfast, we sometimes have the cereal for dinner when we get back to the room. We bring our own coffee filter packs and sugar packets to cut down on the costs. I'll even pack some disposable coffee cups and covers and plastic spoons for our cereals.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmMOM2 View Post
    I know "technically" you aren't supposed to bring in outside food to the parks.
    I take it they NEVER enforce this since many of you have taken coolers etc through with you??
    I think some of the coolers referenced are the soft sided "lunch size" ones which won't be a problem. Your traditional cooler won't be allowed.

However if your room at value doesn't have a fridge (which is 10. per day) many people will get a cooler to store items in their room. (or even get one if the fridge they do have is too small for all they want to have handy.

Personally we often split the cs lunches (buying two for the three of us) and always always pick up cases of water to bring fresh water with us to the parks instead of paying the park prices for the water.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: