Quantcast Upgrade from CBR to Swan??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Upgrade from CBR to Swan??

My question is do we take the free upgrade from Carribean Beach to the Swan?? It sounds worth it to me, but any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Disney wants to give us, myself, DH and 2 DD's (14 & 10) a free upgrade from CBR to the Swan. With the main pool at CBR being refurbished, it is tempting. We'll be there for 4 nights before leaving for our cruise portion of the trip. We still get all the Disney transportation and EMH perks, plus queen sized beds , I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Swan and what they thought of it.

Thanks in advance for any info!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would do it because of the pool and it being a hotel. As for anything about the Swan, I have never been there and could not answer.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

If the upgrade is free, I would take it. The Swan is closer to a Delux resort and I have always heard good things about it. I have not stayed there, but there should be plenty of info available in the Resort Section of Intercot.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The location of the Swan over CBR is a plus - you can easily walk or take a short boat ride to both EPCOT and the Studios from there. You also have a lot of eating options at and near the Swan. Plus you can walk to Fantasia mini-golf, enjoy evening entertainment along the Boardwalk, and you're close to Beach 'n Cream at the BC! Good luck with your decision and have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, you probably will be getting queen beds instead of full-sized beds if you stay at the Swan. Plus, if I am not mistaken, you can use the Dolphins pools as well as the Swans.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd do it in a heart beat!
    Just like mentioned before, its close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Depending on where your room is located you may even see fireworks from one of them at night.
    I've always wanted to stay in that location, whether it was the swan, YC, or BC.
    Good luck and have a good time.

Also, go to the Swan and dolphins home page.
    its pretty cool!
    May 82 Offsite
    April 89 Honeymoon
    June 95 DD 1st Trip
    Dec 00 DS 1st Trip
    April 04 Coronado Springs
    May 05 Pop
    June 05 PO Riverside
    Oct 05 POR
    Dec 05 FW Cabin
    Feb 06 Caribbean Beach
    May 06 POR
    July 06 Bonnet Creek
    Jan 07 BonCk
    Dec 07 ASM/AK Lodge
    Nov 08 ASM
    Feb 09 FW
    Dec 09
    April 10 FW

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I haven't stayed at the Swan, but the two times I have been to Disney, I've stayed at the CBR. I've heard good things about the Swan, and if it's free, I'd do it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Swan has a much better location. We stay at the yc because of the location. Do you need the magical express?? I dont think the Swan has that .
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

My family loves the Swan. We have stayed there many times. As said above, the location is great. The beds are fantastic. Staff is very helpful. Pools are very cool. Walk to Boardwalk, Epcot, Fantasia Mini Golf. You can also walk to the Studios although we usually take the boat.

I would take this upgrade and be very thankful. Someone is sure to post in a bit about how the "Swan lacks Disney themeing". 99 times out of 100 it's someone who has never stayed there. Give up the Mickey Soap and coasters for the deluxe and the location!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input!!

We decided to go with the free upgrade, the kids are older, so we don't feel the need for Disney theming as much, and since we fly Southwest, we're used to handling our own luggage.

I can't wait, only 59 more days!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So just for curiosity sake -- it is an upgrade offered by Disney -- were you planning on using Magical Express to get to CBR originally? And if so, since the Swan does not offer that service, how will you get there?
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised that Disney is offering an upgrade to the Swan since it's not an official Disney hotel. However, I've stayed at the Swan and Dolphin and love the location. They don't offer Magical Express but you can use all the other Disney transportation, EMHs etc. And the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in. And you can use the facilities at both the Swan and Dolphin.
    Last edited by PAYROLL PRINCESS; 03-01-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Sure! Upgrade!!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I stayed at the Swan last Oct. and had a wonderful time. You really can't beat the location (OK, maybe if you are in a monorail resort), and it is a beautiful hotel. It wasn't as Disney as CBR is, but it did have a disney gift shop in the lobby, if you need a fix at the hotel. I thought the bus service was pretty decent, and the boat to MGM and Epcot were really convenient. It was also nice to walk over to the boardwalk and take in the atmosphere. The pool at the Dolphin was really nice, it was large and had ample chair space. It is almost like the main pool at the GF but even bigger and I can't remember if there was a slide. The hotel has a very posh and sophsiticated feel, and the rooms were beautifully laid out and decorated. The Swan also has great on-site dining, much better than the CBR.

I love CBR, but I think that the pool is the main draw for me, I would definately take the Swan considering that the main pool is going to be down.

That being said, the only drawbacks we found were the $8 a day parking fee (which obviously would only be applicable if you had a car), the fact that you couldn't charge things at the parks back to your hotel room and the large groups of occasionally oblivious conventioneers.
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poohluva View Post
    Thanks for all the input!!

We decided to go with the free upgrade, the kids are older, so we don't feel the need for Disney theming as much, and since we fly Southwest, we're used to handling our own luggage.

I can't wait, only 59 more days!!!

My next trip is in 61 more days! How long are you staying?
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snerd475 View Post
    My next trip is in 61 more days! How long are you staying?
    We'll be at the resort until May 1, then we head over to DCL for a 3 night cruise. The kids have never cruised, so we figured a short one would be good to see if they like it.

We have to use Mears to get from the airport to the resort, but after that we get to take advantage of Disney transportation for the rest of the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrade???

How do you get Disney upgrades??? Does Disney just offer, or do you have to ask?? If you have to ask, who and when do you ask??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saksn4 View Post
    How do you get Disney upgrades??? Does Disney just offer, or do you have to ask?? If you have to ask, who and when do you ask??
    We didn't ask for one, we had a message from our travel agent stating that the Disney Cruise line wanted to upgrade us to the Swan, so we took it.

Since DME doesn't go to the Swan we were planning on using the Mears shuttle, but I just got off the phone with DH and he said the travel agent had talked to Disney and they are making arrangements for our transportation since they were the ones wanting us to move. So not only do we get a deluxe hotel stay, we are also getting free trasnportation we just recently planned on paying for.

I can't wait only 55 more days!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: