Quantcast Best Italian meal in WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Italian meal in WDW?

My husband loves Italian food and we were wondering which restaurant serves the best Italian food and why do you think so?
    ***Wilderness Lodge - Woods View Room - July 2008!!!!***
    July 2006 - All Star Vacation Home****August 2002 - Comfort Inn LBV****July 2001 -- Honeymoon at Carribean Beach Resort !****December 1992 -- Epcot****1991 - MGM & MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, can't tell you best. But can tell you that if you enjoy authentic Italian food.... Tony's in MK is not for ..... us.

Interested to hear other responses to this.

Oh and if you ever are going to be in Southern Calif, know a great place with homestyle Italian cooking in Tustin (15 minutes from Disneyland). PM for info.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Tony's - we ate there on our last trip for lunch and loved it. The food was delicious, the staff was great - some of the best service in Disney! and a nice atmosphere.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Natazu Guest

There are no Disney-owned Italian restaurants worth raving about. Now Il Mulino at The Swan is quite amazing. The menu is as traditional as it is diverse from the bruchetta dip to the limoncello, the food is absolutely top shelf. My only gripe is the noise level.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Citrico's at the GF? I've never eaten there myself, but I've heard that the food is excellent. Granted, it's Mediterranean (including Italian) food, and not the lasagna and noodles and gravy of your stereotypical Italian restaurant, so you might not consider it an Italian restaurant.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its all Garbage

I was raised Italian.
    What they call Italian food is an insult to my heritage.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For us, this answer is easy. The Portobella Yacht Club near Pleasure Island. You should check out their menu in "info central" and see if you like what they offer. We love it there - great food, great service, and a nice location (on a nice night you can sit outside by the lake). Have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    For us, this answer is easy. The Portobella Yacht Club near Pleasure Island. You should check out their menu in "info central" and see if you like what they offer. We love it there - great food, great service, and a nice location (on a nice night you can sit outside by the lake). Have a great trip.
    I never thought of Portobellas. Sounds great. Now I know. Being from Boston, we have the North End, and nothing compares to the North End.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    There are no Disney-owned Italian restaurants worth raving about. Now Il Mulino at The Swan is quite amazing.
    I have to disagree. Il Mulino was ordinary at best. Personally, I think it was less than ordinary. High prices for low quality food. Tutto Italia is pretty good. I read some poor reviews when it first opened and was hesitant about going, but they must have gotten it together, because they were pretty good.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    Sorry, can't tell you best. But can tell you that if you enjoy authentic Italian food.... Tony's in MK is not for ..... us.
    While I agree that Tony's isn't the best Italian food, DW and I go there from time to time, but more for the atmosphere that the authenicity of the food.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

We have always enjoyed Portabello and it is an annual must spot for us. However, it is not on the DDP like much of DTD. When you see the crowds in the place and taste the food you'll know why they don't need to be on DDP to get the business.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    I never thought of Portobellas. Sounds great. Now I know. Being from Boston, we have the North End, and nothing compares to the North End.
    I remember a place up there called Saraceno's if I even spelled it right. The concierge at the Marriott Long Wharf got us in there, little hole in the hole but wow. It was 12 years ago. Aside from DW's aunt it is the best Italian food I ever ate. There is a joint in Myrtle Beach which is a close second though.
    Anywho sorry for the diversion but I think we will try Portabello's, sounds good.
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    I was raised Italian.
    What they call Italian food is an insult to my heritage.
    Its not spaghetti, its army noodles with ketchup.
    HAHA
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

While Tony's may not be the best Italian food, we did enjoy our time there this past February. We were with a party of 7, and every one of us enjoyed the dishes that we ordered. The atmosphere was nice, and we had excellent service The best part was my husband's dessert. He had the Chef's cheesecake, and they had drizzled the caramel sauce on the side of the plate into the design of Lady and the Tramp. It was almost too cute to eat!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: