Quantcast Airline Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airline Question

I didnt know where to put this question but since the Subject is about Airline baggage then I will put it here.

Im going to take my camcorder & digital camera. I was wondering if they allow these things on the carry on or would I have to put them in my luggage?
    My Honeymoon Trip was 4/16/01. Stayed at All Star Movies.

Went 11/2001. Stayed at Carribean Beach

Went December 7th-19 2007. Stayed at All Star Music. Jazz

April 14-May 3rd 2008. Stayed at Pop Century. 50s Era.

Upcoming Possible Trip:

Nov. 17-Dec 1 2008: Staying at All Star Music

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Carry On

Carry on. Absolutely. You will be asked to remove the camcorder from it's case at security screening but you'd rather have that than have a baggage handler remove it from a checked bag.

Besides, you're going to DME to WDW, grab bus to the MK and just about time MM runs up and hugs your kids you'd be thinking, "Darn it! My camcorder is in my checked luggage!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi - you don't want to miss any special moments w/o your cameras because they are in checked luggage, but you should never put valuables in checked luggage. They could end up missing . That would be a terrible way to start a vacation at WDW. Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely take them with you as carry on. You never want to leave things that are that expensive in your regular luggage. You will need to take them out of their case at security, but it will give you more peace of mind knowing you have them with you.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

As recommended, carry your camera equipment with you. Checked baggage takes an incredible beating!

We've always been asked to take our camera equipment out of their cases and place in a separate bin along with our cell phones at airport security. However, we've never had a problem getting it through.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto everyone else. Carry any kind of camera on. One thing I learned was that as of 1/1/08 all spare Lithium Ion batteries must be carried on and screened seperately. If the battery is installed in the device you can pack it in your checked luggage. It is only the extra ones that must be carried on now. Take them out of your carry ons so screeners can see them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned. I didn't have to put any cameras in a seperate bag. My camcorder wasn't in a case, just a ziploc (there was instructions to take them out of cases if there was one-but they don't have to be screened separately), but I left everything in my carryon bag and it went through fine.
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment

WDW:
    '12 POP, Hilton BC, POP

Currently in Disney Withdrawl...sniff

Post Thanks / Like

Can we take pictures outside the plane window? Can we use our cell phones on the plane?
    My Honeymoon Trip was 4/16/01. Stayed at All Star Movies.

Went 11/2001. Stayed at Carribean Beach

Went December 7th-19 2007. Stayed at All Star Music. Jazz

April 14-May 3rd 2008. Stayed at Pop Century. 50s Era.

Upcoming Possible Trip:

Nov. 17-Dec 1 2008: Staying at All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

The only electronic device I ever take out is my laptop. They have even changed how they do this at screening. You use to have to have it open, but I guess too many were getting broken so you just leave it closed. I still always open it (I forget as they are forever changing how they do things!) and then they tell me to close it

I don't ever take out my camera, but I never bring the camecorder so I don't know.

My DH pointed out this week that we should carry on all perscriptions which was good because I was going to check mine. Make sense to carry it.

You should be able to use your camera on the plane, I would turn off the flash not to bug anyone. You can't use your cell phone, but you maybe able to use the camera on the phone if the phone is on flight mode. They will tell you when and what electronic devices you can use. Usually you can't use any until cruising alt.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: