Quantcast Webkinz

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webkinz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Webkinz

How many of you have kids addicted to these? 8 of my daycare kids have several (some up to 15) of these animals.. why didn't one of us think of this idea? Forget paying to play by the year.. instead buy a $15 toy to play and then buy another.. and so on..

Brilliant!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My cousin plays with Webkinz she has a bunch also. I got her a reindeer for Christmas which she was really happy with

I say that to myself all the time Patti if only I had invented that its so simple but so successful.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

My twins are addicted to them especially my dd. My nieces 7 & 4 are also. The neighbors girls have a bunch too.

I remember when the pet rock was a big deal. Now look what were into.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Princess has been wanting one forever. I finally got her one for Valentine's Day. I hope she loves it as much as she thinks she will!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My son has one and loves it. Just got another to give to him on V-day. Plus got a bunch of the trading cards too

Post Thanks / Like

My nephews have a quite a few between them. And, I have to admit, I have a few myself. I bought them to be able to visit my nephews and their rooms. They get a kick when I am online and get to visit or play a game. Lately they have lost some interest in visiting the Webkinz site and are spending time playing their Wii games.
    Grace/ VMK- OhGee

Greet each day with a smile! (but I need my coffee first!)

Aug 2009 - DLR, WDW & the Disney Wonder - once in a lifetime trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Princess has a few too. I, i mean, she, really likes playing online with them.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

My girls have them too. I think the youngest has at least 20. I'd love to see a Disney version - wouldn't it be fun to play with your favorite Disney characters in a game that's a combination of VMK and Webkinz?

BTW, my VMK name is Stephmeg but I'm rarely on - if anyone happens to see me, please say hello!!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I've never hear of them what is it?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Genie View Post
    I've never hear of them what is it?
    They are small stuffed animals that come in two sizes - the smaller ones are about the size of Beanie Babies and the larger ones are just a little bigger than that. They come with a tag that has a code inside that gets registered on the Webkinz website and then you can play games to earn "money", decorate a room, and feed and play with your pet in a virtual world. You can interact with your pet and somehow you can interact with your friends when they are online too (not sure how that part works), but it's not like VMK where you walk around amongst the other players.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

My DD (10) loves them, she'll be getting her tenth one today, the Love Frog!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.. I'm waiting to see how many kids show up with that Love Frog tomorrow.

The kids really do enjoy the site because they can accumulate quite a bit of credit in a short time to buy things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    The kids really do enjoy the site because they can accumulate quite a bit of credit in a short time to buy things.
    Unlike another game we know

- Cough Cough -
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

So, i am a little confused, i am thinking of getting them for my grandaughter for easter, what do you mean by yearly subscription? you can't play them for free? Sorry i am a little out of the loop on these webkinz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patti_C View Post
    So, i am a little confused, i am thinking of getting them for my grandaughter for easter, what do you mean by yearly subscription? you can't play them for free? Sorry i am a little out of the loop on these webkinz.
    The purchase of the webkin gives you a one-year subscription to play with your webkin online. At the end of the year, you can renew your subscription if you want to keep playing with that particular webkin. Or, of course, you could buy another one and start the entire process over.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning membership renewals..
    From their site:

When you adopt a Webkinz pet, you get to play in Webkinz World for one year. At the end of the year, you can adopt a new pet onto your Webkinz World account. This will renew your account and all the Webkinz pets on it for one more year. Each time you adopt a new Webkinz pet, your account will be extended for a year from the date of adoption. Please note that the years are not cumulative (so, if you adopt a pet on May 2, 2006, your whole account will be renewed until May 2, 2007. The account is only renewed for one year, regardless of how many Webkinz pets you adopt at once).

Post Thanks / Like

I don't play with them, and I don't have anyone to buy them for, BUT, I make porcelain dolls, and the shop where I take classes, can't keep Webkinz on the shelf. They have a subscription list, and when a new toy comes out, the names on the list get priority. It's like not having an ADR for LeCellier. If you're looking for the newest one, and aren't on the list?????????

They're HOT, and I don't see anything bad about them.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of my mom's at work gave her a webkinz at Christmas time. You find out the name of your furry friend by signing on to the web site, which you all know of course.
    We're going to start taking Curly to the parks and what not and take his/Curly's picture.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Last March, my sons NEEDED them. Locally, the site is considered safe / educational -- so the children are allowed to login during indoor recesses / free periods. My boys thought they were the only ones in the world without them. Finding one was real hard back then -- now they seem to be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OhGee View Post
    I have to admit, I have a few myself. I bought them to be able to visit my nephews and their rooms. They get a kick when I am online and get to visit or play a game. Lately they have lost some interest in visiting the Webkinz site and are spending time playing their Wii games.
    I, too, got one to play with my boys. And, since they got their Wii (Christmas) -- my boys have played much less. Then, they rarely play much VMK lately either -- and we'd all been hooked since the start.

Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, Sandy. I did that with my monkey, Cheeky when we went in August to WDW. He was spotted all over WDW, smiling for my camera. LOL
    Here's a link -
    Cheeky's WDW Adventure

I bought him little ears (was from a key chain) but sadly I left him home last trip which was about two weeks ago. Don't think he has forgiven me yet.
    Grace/ VMK- OhGee

Greet each day with a smile! (but I need my coffee first!)

Aug 2009 - DLR, WDW & the Disney Wonder - once in a lifetime trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: