Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljv1975 View Post
    I know this feeling. Sometimes I wait almost an hour after my scheduled appointment before the doctor sees me. Then the actual appointment takes all of 5 minutes to listen to the heartbeat and measure me. I try not to let it bother me too much since his office is in the hospital, most of the time he is visiting other patients in labor or has emeergency c-sections and things. I always try to tell myself that if it were me in labor I would want him checking on me . . . but it still gets on my nerves sometimes!! (Besides sometimes he is just running late for no good reason!)

Congratulations to everyone that is expecting!
    It was a pain when the doctor was delayed, but MAN - get to the ultrasound on time already....I HAVE TO PEE!!!!! That was the absolute worst thing ever, I literally was in tears I had to go so bad!!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    How long did you all wait to spill the beans?
    Well...it's crazy but I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was about 10 weeks...I was convinced it was coming! I told my parents, sisters and DH's parents within days of us finding out. I didn't tell work till after the 1st trimester.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My 34 week appointment is today, YAY!

My swelling is SO bad though! My hands are so swollen I haven't worn my rings in weeks, and my feet are HUGE from the swelling all that I can wear is flip flops...in the winter. I'm so unhappy and uncomfortable. My family members have told me how swollen my face is also...it's definetly not fun. My sister told me that her dr. would put her on bed rest if she was in my position...is this something I should be worried about??
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Keep us posted on your appointment!! And yay for a homebirth!!!!!!!!!!! My DH refused to let me do this...
    But I think it is the most wonderful thing and my best friend is doing it. She is due March 29th!

Welcome!!
    Aww thanks! And hooray for your best friend! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm loving the idea of not having to *be* anywhere.

Do you think your DH would be more on board if he met with a homebirth midwife? He could ask her questions and she could let him know her experience and what equipment she brings with her.

For instance my midwife has been delivering babies for 10 years. Her rate of transfer is extremely low. She comes equipped with infant and mother resuscitation equipment. She has a team of backup midwives that accompany her. And she also has medication to stop hemorrhaging. She knows what a birth not going right looks like and is very on top of things. I feel very safe with her. I think sometimes hearing stuff like that can put DH's mind at ease.

Either way, congrats to you and the rest of you!

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    It was a pain when the doctor was delayed, but MAN - get to the ultrasound on time already....I HAVE TO PEE!!!!! That was the absolute worst thing ever, I literally was in tears I had to go so bad!!!!
    LOL! Lucky for me, my Dr. doesn't do the ultrasounds in his office. He sends all of his pregnant patients to a special practice that only does ultrasound and sonography. They are always right on time so it's usually not too bad waiting with the full bladder. They will also record the whole thing on a videotape if you bring it in! It's a nice souvenir!!

On another note, I got my glucola results back today and they were normal!! I was really worried that I was going to fail again, but everything looked fine!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by May524 View Post
    My 34 week appointment is today, YAY!

My swelling is SO bad though! My hands are so swollen I haven't worn my rings in weeks, and my feet are HUGE from the swelling all that I can wear is flip flops...in the winter. I'm so unhappy and uncomfortable. My family members have told me how swollen my face is also...it's definetly not fun. My sister told me that her dr. would put her on bed rest if she was in my position...is this something I should be worried about??
    Well, this post is a little late. Swelling in the hands and face usually buys you some bedrest time. How is your blood pressure? I imagine that as long as your pressure is ok and you are not spilling protein in your urine the doc will leave you be.
    I hope all went well..you are so close!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I was super swollen with DS. My blood pressure was fine and so they didn't put me on bed rest. But I was miserable like you are. By the time I was induced, I only had one shirt and one pair of pants that fit and I too was wearing flip-flops. Before I left the hospital, I chucked my "uniform". Don't worry, the day swill go fast and soon you'll have abeautiful baby in your arms.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

So, who's having cravings? What are you craving?

Subway turkey sandwiches are my weakness. I could eat those three times a day every day.

And, I can't stop eating fruit cocktail. Don't worry, I'm buying the sugar-free variety and rinsing the fruit in water before eating. Yum!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Aww thanks! And hooray for your best friend! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm loving the idea of not having to *be* anywhere.

Do you think your DH would be more on board if he met with a homebirth midwife? He could ask her questions and she could let him know her experience and what equipment she brings with her.

For instance my midwife has been delivering babies for 10 years. Her rate of transfer is extremely low. She comes equipped with infant and mother resuscitation equipment. She has a team of backup midwives that accompany her. And she also has medication to stop hemorrhaging. She knows what a birth not going right looks like and is very on top of things. I feel very safe with her. I think sometimes hearing stuff like that can put DH's mind at ease.

Either way, congrats to you and the rest of you!
    Gosh I wish....he has met the midwife I see at the OB practice and knows what they do and are capable of....He's just "overly" cautious...He has always been scared ever since my first miscarriage....He was always scared of me bleeding to death or the baby going through trauma....
    Sooooo...lol....I just chose to pick my battles on that one....He's really been comprising on all other aspects of the Attachment parenting that I do....so I'd rather have that.....he's actually grown to love co sleeping and everything!!

I'm just praying I at least go into labor before my scheduled C Section date and then I'll "accidentally" arrive to the hospital too late for them to do a C Section! Bad me!!!

CRAVINGS!! OH MY GOSH!! I was driving down the road a couple of days ago and out of the blue I HAD to have deviled eggs!!!! I think I raced home and made them...they tasted better than filet mignon...go figure!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Well since my bp is fine, all I was told to do was if I am not at work, I'm needed to be home with my feet up...boo! I'm just so discouraged! My weekly appt's weren't supposed to start till 36 weeks, but she wants to see me again next week b/c of the swelling and to also pay attention to my BP and take it every other day.
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I wish....he has met the midwife I see at the OB practice and knows what they do and are capable of....He's just "overly" cautious...He has always been scared ever since my first miscarriage....He was always scared of me bleeding to death or the baby going through trauma....
    Sooooo...lol....I just chose to pick my battles on that one....He's really been comprising on all other aspects of the Attachment parenting that I do....so I'd rather have that.....he's actually grown to love co sleeping and everything!!

I'm just praying I at least go into labor before my scheduled C Section date and then I'll "accidentally" arrive to the hospital too late for them to do a C Section! Bad me!!!

CRAVINGS!! OH MY GOSH!! I was driving down the road a couple of days ago and out of the blue I HAD to have deviled eggs!!!! I think I raced home and made them...they tasted better than filet mignon...go figure!!
    That's good that you guys can give and take. And I totally agree, if you want to hold off on being pushed for that c-section, wait out that labor at home as long as possible!

Does anyone else cloth diaper or sling or anything? I'm starting to build up my cloth diaper stash. We started DD when she was about 6 months old so I've got plenty of big ones! I just recently bought some newborn size off another mama I know. I would also like to get another sling. Maybe a babyhawk. I have a homemade mei tai and a padded ring sling, but what can I say...I like slings!

As for cravings....It's been all about the potato this pregnancy. That's in part due to a sensitive stomach and also because I love potatoes. I ended up just buying a gigantic box of instant potatoes because I was CONSTANTLY wanting mashed potatoes.

I will say that now after being very pregnant in the summer and being very pregnant in the winter....I prefer summer hands down. I do not like being pregnant in the winter. Nope, no way. I will say this though, the plus side is that when the baby is born it'll be getting warm out so I can get outside a lot and help to keep PPD at bay (had that with my DD).

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    That's good that you guys can give and take. And I totally agree, if you want to hold off on being pushed for that c-section, wait out that labor at home as long as possible!

Does anyone else cloth diaper or sling or anything? I'm starting to build up my cloth diaper stash. We started DD when she was about 6 months old so I've got plenty of big ones! I just recently bought some newborn size off another mama I know. I would also like to get another sling. Maybe a babyhawk. I have a homemade mei tai and a padded ring sling, but what can I say...I like slings!

As for cravings....It's been all about the potato this pregnancy. That's in part due to a sensitive stomach and also because I love potatoes. I ended up just buying a gigantic box of instant potatoes because I was CONSTANTLY wanting mashed potatoes.

I will say that now after being very pregnant in the summer and being very pregnant in the winter....I prefer summer hands down. I do not like being pregnant in the winter. Nope, no way. I will say this though, the plus side is that when the baby is born it'll be getting warm out so I can get outside a lot and help to keep PPD at bay (had that with my DD).
    Ughhh....I asked them at my appointment today if they will at least wait until I go into labor to do the C Section and they said no...but they are scheduling it a week before my due date...With my DS I went into labor 2 weeks before...so I'm praying hard that my labor will start before the scheduled C Section...Hello lots of Prim Rose Oil, Walking, eating spicy food and "other things!"....lol...

I cloth diaper and babywear! I have a Maya Wrap, New Native Pouch and an Ergo! I would love to get a baby hawk too though!!I wore my DS all the time until I got pregnant with this little munchkin! Then with some complications I'm not allowed to carry too much weight for too long...he is near 27 lbs now!

For cloth diapers I just use the Chinese prefolds and covers...occasionally I use the G diaper covers for the prefolds! I love them!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I go for my first OB visit tomorrow morning. Any surprises I should be ready for?
    I wasn't too shocked by anything that happened. Dh was a little surprised, having no real clue what *all* occurs during an exam. )I'll let your minds wander with that one... ). I was slightly shocked at the warning about my retinopathy. I knew that pregnancy could exacerbate it, but I didn't know that I might not be allowed to push due to it. I'll just keep praying that all goes well, and I can have a very normal labor.

At least we'll find out the date. I'm guessing it's around Oct. 3 by counting for myself, but we'll see what the doc says.
    I was right about that. At first, she said my EDD was 9/28, but when I told her I have a 34-day cycle, she agreed that it would probably be the third.

How long did you all wait to spill the beans?
    Another shocker at the doctor. Since I'm high-risk, she wants to see me every other week for the first few months, then every week, then twice a week for the last two months. So with all those visits, we decided there was no way to keep it a secret much longer. We finished telling our family last night, and started telling friends today. Hopefully all will go well now.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I was right about that. At first, she said my EDD was 9/28, but when I told her I have a 34-day cycle, she agreed that it would probably be the third.
    I wish my midwife would have been as agreeable with me on due dates. When I got pregnant with DS, I was having extremely short cycles and calculated my due date as 3/27. She said 4/1. OH well...it wasn't the only thing she let me down on.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Lea-Ann/Flower

Just checking on you and Ben to see how night time sleeping is going!!
    You've been in my thoughts!!

I hope he's sleeping more for you now!!
    Thankfully the last few nights David has slept through night from about 7:30pm until about 5:30-6:00 am!!! But his molars finally broke through!!!!!

Just know I'm thinking about your sleepy self!! he he

Post Thanks / Like

Lea-Ann/Flower

Just checking on you and Ben to see how night time sleeping is going!!
    You've been in my thoughts!!

I hope he's sleeping more for you now!!
    Thankfully the last few nights David has slept through night from about 7:30pm until about 5:30-6:00 am!!! But his molars finally broke through!!!!!

Just know I'm thinking about your sleepy self!! he he
    Thanks for thinking of us Terra!!! I have not wanted to jinx it, but for the past 5 nights he has been great about sleeping through!

Yesterday was too funny! Brandon, who will be 4 in a few weeks, has issues with sleeping in a bed (Unless we are in a hotel? weird!) Anyway, he has his options of his old toddler bed, which we kept in case we use it with Ben, a twin bed in Bens room, which we now call Brandons room too. Brandon seems to prefer the floor no matter what we do. He seems happy and will often be read his story in the twin bed and as soon as the story is done, he's on the floor.

Yesterday, Ben was showing extreme interest in the toddler bed. He would crawl into it and rock and laugh, just loved it. Last night I put him to bed in his crib, he woke up with a poopy bum around 10. I changed him and set him down to get him a new bottle and he went tearing into Brandons old room and crawled into the toddler bed. I gave him his bottle in there and placed the baby gate on the door. I went up about 30 minutes later to check on him - can you guess where Ben was? Sleeping on the floor! I took pictures because it was too funny, and Brandon was sleeping close by in the hallway.

When DH got home from work, just as I was getting the camera, I had Jay put Ben back in the crib as soon as I took the pics.

I have weird kids!

How is David doing? Is he still in your bed? Are you getting enough sleep with the pregnancy? I found it exhausting when I was pregnant and had Brandon all day. I can't believe you are almost half way there!!!! That is awesome!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh my goodness that is too funny! I'm so glad he's doing much better though!!!!!! Gosh they are growing up too fast though aren't though!! Wanting to be in big boy beds and all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cord blood

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to get on here and ask a quick question about something I've been thinking about.

Has anyone banked their baby's cord blood? I didn't do it with DD, but I am seriously considering banking DS's just in case. It could be used for both of my children should the need ever arise. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this or any first hand experience. Thanks a lot for any advice!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

We talked about banking the cord extensively but in the end decided against it. Mostly what convinced us not to do it was the article by the American Academy of Pediatrics. They took a very objective look at it and said that there are no accurate estimates as to the chance a child may need his own cells and they also said that there is no evidence supporting the safety or effectiveness of cord blood transplants. we weighed that against the expense $600+ and decided it didn't make sense for us.

It's a hard decision to make because you want to do everything you can to protect your child(ren). Good luck with the decision process.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

We talked about banking the cord extensively but in the end decided against it. Mostly what convinced us not to do it was the article by the American Academy of Pediatrics. They took a very objective look at it and said that there are no accurate estimates as to the chance a child may need his own cells and they also said that there is no evidence supporting the safety or effectiveness of cord blood transplants. we weighed that against the expense $600+ and decided it didn't make sense for us.

It's a hard decision to make because you want to do everything you can to protect your child(ren). Good luck with the decision process.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: