Quantcast Hannah Montana Movie

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hannah Montana Movie

Does anyone know why the movie is only playing for one week? Also, the tickets at our local theater are $15.00 vs. $8.00 for any other movie. I was just curious and thought someone here could answer.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My "guess" ... the supply/demand theory, if they only have it a week, they can try to sell it out for that higher price. I am gathering it will probably come out on dvd after that for a large price($30 or over)... but that is just my "guess". We were fortunate enough to go to the concert. There is no way I would spend $60 for the four of us to see it in a theatre. I will probably buy the dvd if it comes out, just as a momento from the concert and the option to view over and over. My kids only spent $10 on lights at the concert, so would be like a souvenier for us.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

My thought is that they made the 3-D concert movie because of the controversy over the tickets for the live concert going sooo fast.

As to why the tickets are $15, probably because they think they can charge more for 3-D and because they know that its a lot cheaper then a concert ticket. I also think, that if it wasn't such a short run they couldn't charge as much.

I'm interested to see what its like. I'm taking DD and a friend on 2/2.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I understand supply and demand but I think the "people in charge" are making a mistake of letting the movie run for only one week. A mistake that could blow up in their face! Many of my friends have had enough of the disappointments from our kids. I understand not being able to add more concert dates because afterall, HM is a real person but to limit the movie to only one week is selfish in my book.

All this being said, myslef and three friends were able to get tickets to the concert in Houston in March. I am not against HM in anyway. She is a great role model for my 8 YO DD. I just hope her promoters don't ruin her with some of their decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it was more $$ because it was 3-D.

I ordered tickets for me and DD5 on 2/5.

She has only recently discovered Hannah Montana; right now she enjoys the show but doesn't know too much about the music. BUT, I figured she would enjoy the movie...

I don't mind the show, I think it's actually very well done. It's just HER I don't like...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

The price difference is more likely to the fact that it's a special engagement, and not a normal movie. The 3-d is an added bonus, but since it's only running for 1 week, they are likely trying to maximize the revenue.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

For a family of 5 will be 75.00!?!? We didnt get to the concert and my kids really want to see this movie...I dont think that the prices are fair...I cant say no, but at the same time I cant see spending that much for a movie that is only 1hr. and 14 min. long...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking ticket prices must be up to individuals theaters maybe?? We got tickets to our local theater for only $8/adults and $7/kids. When checking out prices I saw them ranging from $7/8 to $24.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does tickets for Hannah have to be so much? She is talented and a pretty girl and a lot of little girls want to be her but, I think that the prices for her 3D movie and even the prices for her concerts are just ridiculous.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking ticket prices must be up to individuals theaters maybe?? We got tickets to our local theater for only $8/adults and $7/kids. When checking out prices I saw them ranging from $7/8 to $24.
    We paid 15 dollars here also, regardless of child/adult. They were one price per ticket. So, you might be right about the theater prices??? Although it sounds like 15 is about going rate.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand hannah montana/miley cyrus. She annoyes me so much. Expecially her voice. The show can actually be pretty funny sometimes, but a movie of a concert, thats a waste of film. Plus, the world has youtube, it won't be full concerts on it, but it will be some for free. You dont have to pay 200-400 dollars on a ticket or 8 dollars to see a movie of it!!!! A lot of you think what im saying is stupid, but anyone who has an obbsesive sister over her, hopefully will under stand what i am saying!!!
    RED SOX

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any of this advertised and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Does anyone have a website or a link that I can do to purchase tickets and see where it playing closest to me?
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figgyluv03 View Post
    I haven't seen any of this advertised and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Does anyone have a website or a link that I can do to purchase tickets and see where it playing closest to me?
    When all else fails, GOOGLE.

The Official Hannah Montana 3-D Movie Site
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyrules View Post
    I can't stand hannah montana/miley cyrus. She annoyes me so much. Expecially her voice. The show can actually be pretty funny sometimes, but a movie of a concert, thats a waste of film. Plus, the world has youtube, it won't be full concerts on it, but it will be some for free. You dont have to pay 200-400 dollars on a ticket or 8 dollars to see a movie of it!!!! A lot of you think what im saying is stupid, but anyone who has an obbsesive sister over her, hopefully will under stand what i am saying!!!

Ok I'm not going to take it that far but I do agree with you to a certain degree. My kids love her show and her music but I don't see what the big hype is about her. I don't really think she can sing very well. The funniest person on the show to me is Rico. That kid is hilarious. And Billy Ray (Bobby Rae) is very nice to look at. We are going to pass on the movie and perhaps add it to our Blockbuster cue when and if it comes to DVD.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I searched for tickets and purchased them on fandango
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

The tickets are more expensive because of the 3D, no question.

I saw Meet the Robinsons and Order of the Phoenix in 3D and they were the same price. Those same movies without the 3D were cheaper. It's because not many theatres are equipped with the 3D projectors and the 3D technology is more expensive to produce (plus they have to provide all those disposable glasses).

The higher ticket price for the HM movie is not because they are trying to milk money. It's par for the 3D course.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm being corny and going to see it. Just got me ticket. I figure there shouldn't be too many kids on a Tuesday Night going to see it at 9pm. The tickets weren't sold out yet.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hannah Montana 3-D reviews anyone?

I'm just wondering if anyone else saw Hannah Montana 3-D and what they thought.

I took DD and her friend yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Not the greatest thing ever but good. DD and her friend enjoyed it, thats whats counts.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We went today with our girl scout troop. It was good. They girls LOVED it and that was the point of going. My daughter is trying to talk me into taking her and a friend again this week but I think I'll pass.

Post Thanks / Like

We went on Saturday - closest theater was just over an hour away but it was worth it. I thought it was well done and it was a nice afternoon with just my daughter and me

The funny thing was that I bought these tickets in December. I went to the website a couple of weeks ago to try and buy another ticket so she could bring a friend. They were all sold out So, I get to the theatre to pick up my tickets and the machine spits out THREE! I had purchased three tickets in December and totally forgot. They were nice enough to refund the 15.00 for me but I sure wish I had remembered so she could have brought a friend! I don't usually do things like that .......
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: