Quantcast The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 2

Cast:

Me-43, Event planner by day, Disney planner by night
    DH-40, Cranky Disney Nay-sayer

A 5:30AM wake up call? While we are on vacation? You bet! Stitch and Mickey told us to get a move on!

A note on the All Star rooms. Walls-thin. Toilets-turbo. Curtains-don't really meet in the middle.

Around midnight, our lovely next door neighbors, probably the line-whiners from the night before, decide that since they've put their kids to bed, it was time to head outside the room with MORE beer and have a party. Hubby had woken up (I seem to have slept through it) and laid there miserable until about 2:00AM when they decided to stagger back into their room.

That aside, we were up before the birds when Stitch gave us a jingle. I LOVE Chef Mickey's for my first morning at the parks. Last time I took my girls, we were the first ones in the place and Pluto danced around the room with my daughters for 20 minutes. It was awesome! Now I'm here with DH who is NOT a character fan, and I'm all whipped up about seeing Mickey! After much eye-rolling about my excitement, we opt to call a cab to take us to the Contemporary. It's too early for Disney busses, and our ADR is at 7:00AM. The cab is there within moments and it quickly whisks us to our first meeting with The Mouse.

We are the 2nd group in line, and are seated at a teeny-weeny table in a corner. You know those little tables for 2 (very small infants only)? Well, my husband is NOT a small man. And he's left-handed. And he will not sit with his back to the crowd. So, we are at this table built for two ameoba (ameobii??) with his elbow bumping into the wall at surprisingly frequent intervals. Funnily enough, I don't care at all about his discomfort. I'm going to see MICKEY!

Our wonderful cast-member fills our juice glasses, retrieves a diet Coke for DH, and I skip merrily to the buffet. I love everything about it. I know that it's "just a buffet". I'm a grown up. I am aware that it's not five star. I love it! I fill up my plate with more than enough food to supply a village and tuck in while I await a male and female mouse, a couple of dogs and a duck. Life is so perfect!

We see the line begin to form at the check-in desk, but we are happily noshing, far away from the crowd. When it happens. Yup. IT. I hear a little skitter of commotion behind me. I slowly turn around. PLUTO! He's coming right at me! I know he came out of his doghouse this morning JUST TO SEE ME! He doesn't care about those adorable princesses in their beautiful dresses. Those handsome, swashbuckling pirates in their cute little tri-corner hats and Nikes. He's here for ME!

I quickly take my 1947 era digital camera out of it's case, wait the requisite 29 minutes for the power to come on, and tremble slightly as Pluto makes his way to ME! I sneak a peek at DH sitting across from me, but he's not looking at ME. He's smiling at Pluto! What? Who is this man I'm dining with? He's smiling at mutant Disney dog! I'm overcome with joy at this moment.

I jump out of my chair as soon as Pluto is within acceptable distance, and say "Good Morning Pluto" and threw my arms around him. I was wondering at this point if DH would think I was insane, I'm talking to a small person dressed in a dog costume....but no! As soon as Pluto unwinds himself from me, DH is standing up, bidding Pluto a hearty "Good Morning" and reaches out to shake his hand! DH is SO getting into this!

Our wonderful cast member is passing us by, so she quickly heads over, grabs our camera and snaps a picture of both of us with Pluto. DH is happy. I don't really understand what happened, but he is. He's coming over to the "light" side.

We make quick work of our breakfast, and quick work of Goofy, Minnie, Donald, and the Big Cheese Himself, Master Mickey Mouse. DH gets into the spirit of the whole breakfast, hugs, handshakes and pats on the back for all involved. I'm lovin Surly McCrankyPants right about now!

After signing our tab for the DDP table service meal, we take a wander up to the monorail for the quick trip to MK. We are the only ones up there, so I ask the Cast Member if we can ride up front. He says "Absolutely", and within about 45 seconds, we are firmly ensconsed with our monorail driver in the front! Our driver had DH sit in the driver seat (with photographic proof and all!) and we received our monorail driver passes (I forget what those darn things are called).

Well, that would be enough for most folks for the day, but not for us. It's only 8:30AM for crying out loud!

We stroll lazily to the lake as we stare at the Grand Floridian, watch the egrets peck at our shoes, assuming they were popcorn or loaves of bread I guess, and take this moment to call our kids back home. DH calls his son, takes a photo of the entrance and sends it to his son so he can see where we are right at that moment. I call both my DD's (one is 10, the other is 20). DD 1 is on her way to Disney in 2 weeks with her BF, and DD2 is staying with her dad for the week. They are both fine. The dogs are fine, life is fine. The weather is fine. All is just fine. Fine.

DH and I hang up the phones to go wait with the MAYBE 100 or so people waiting for the park to open. We watch an adorable little girl of about 2 trying to hula hoop, with NO success at all, but the look of determination on her face made me KNOW that she would be a champion hula-hooper in the future. We watch the cute opening of the park, and we quickly make our way to Fantasy Land. My goal is to do the smaller, more "kid" rides this morning and ger them out of the way. I know better than to leave these for later. Within 1 hour, from 9:00AM-10:00AM we do, Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, Mickey's Philharmagic, IASW, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain. In ONE hour! We rarely had even one person in front of us for anything. It was awesome. DH loved Peter Pan, flying above Neverland. He though Philharmagic was great. He was really, truly having a good time. His smile muscles got a workout that he didn't think would happen.

AND, believe it or not, we got a Dream! Yup, the man who believes in no Fairy Tales at all, got a dream. As we were exiting HM, the hallway that leads to the exit, there was the Dream Squad, passing out YOAMD ears to everyone who exited the ride. We got EARS! Whoo Hoo! Those Dream Fastpasses would have been nice though too....but I digress.

We took in Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and did a little wandering, then decided to head out of the park. We opted to go to the resort, nap (why not? We were there already!) then over to DTD. DH loves his video games, and I thought he would really enjoy Disney Quest.

Longest bus wait of the trip coming up! Took about 30 minutes before we saw a bus, and it was packed. Oh, the smells of a hot bus, loaded with sweaty people. Ugh.

Ok, bus ride over, we wandered DTD for a bit, opted for a quick bite at Planet Hollywood (not a great meal-but who cares, really?) and went to Disney Quest. I was right again! DH loved this place. He can't wait to bring DS (who will be 15 next January for our next trip). He figures we can drop the boy off in the morning of the first trip, and pick him up before we leave for home. This would be his idea of heaven. 4 floors of FREE VIDEO GAMES? Hoo Doggy!

After pushing buttons for a while, we ambled over to the Comedy Club. Plan was to catch a show. The next show started at 8:00, and it was about 7:00. DH grabbed a Miller Lite (which I have been so informed is not a REAL beer) and we sat outside at a table and people watched for a while. His cold was truly catching up with him at this point, and he couldn't breathe properly, so I was a good little wifey and told him we could come back another night for the show. He was grumbly about the beer. He was grumbly about the fact that you'd have to be a millionaire to get a "good drunk on" at Disney World. He was tired. I had him tip the rest of his been down his gullet and we grabbed a bus back to the resort.

We hopped into bed by 9:00PM, and were asleep by 9:01PM. We get to sleep in tomorrow though!

Day 3 coming up!

Karen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad that McCrankypants is enjoying his time. Smiling at Pluto? Hee haw!!!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day!! Thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to read more!!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read all 3 posts so far and each time Surry Mc Crankypants takes onemore step to the"Light" side I got chills. can't wait for teh rest of teh trip reports. hope they are as funny and as enlightning as the past 3.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

You write very well! I can't wait to read more!
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.
    Love your sense of humor.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to see your DH becoming a beer hater there. It is not difficult. You need to start getting him the specialty drinks and bring your own extra something.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to your vacation. It's looking good for the kids next year!
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

pogo Guest

OK..... you have had me laughing so hard.... and everybody in the office now knows I'm on Intercot again !

It doesn't matter..... I'm the Boss !

Thanks for sharing this with us. When are we going to see the pictures ?

Post Thanks / Like

How amazing is this report? Sounds like a great time for sure!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report! I'm having such fun reading them.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day! I am going to read more and laugh out loud
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing! "gotta love "
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Karen, what a great day. It's wonderful to hear that DH jus might be softening up on his hardline Disney stance!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Great report fun to read!!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, you had me laughing sooo hard, tears were streaming down my hurting face (hurting from the laughing) and my daughter running from the office to see if I'm okay. Too funny. I love the McCranky is coming out of his doldrums, just wish he could find a good beer. May I suggest the crystal something or other at the CS place in Germany. Sorry, the name escapes me, but my DH really loves it, but he likes Miller Lite too, so who knows, maybe McCranky wouldn't like it. Off to read more............
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Except for the cold, it sounds like you've got a real Disney conversion happening!

Terrific day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: