Quantcast Victoria & Albert's Institutes Guests 10 and Up Only Policy - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh...I don't really see being able to afford V&A anyway. It seems a bit pricey in comparison.

There are sooo many resturants available at Disney...so they make one "Adult Only"...I just don't think it's a big deal. I've taken my DS into a fine expensive resturant before for a "special" occasion. Of course he was old enough to know that certian behavior was totally unacceptable. But then I've expected certian behavior out of him early on or we went outside or didn't go at all.

But I've seen my share of kids that need to be taken "behind the barn" and have a little discussion about manners. I shudder to think what would become of me should I have "acted up" after the "icey stare", you know...THE "look" my mother gave me if even the "thought" of acting up even caused my pinky to twitch out of line.

I tell you that my Mom perfected the "LOOK" so intensly it could turn a person to stone.

But some people really like that "romantic" intimate setting. Let them have it. There's plenty of places for kids at Disney.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I see nothing wrong with this policy. I think having a few restaurants for adults only is a fine idea as long as the majority remains kid friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine with this and despite my kids being angels (aren't all of ours?!!) I don't think I'd attempt to take them to a place of this nature on a Disney vacation.
    What got me was on Fox News this morning, they tried to make a big deal about this, almost trying to spin it as a Disney negative. They opened up emails from the viewers and after the commercial break they came back with a completely different view, saying that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing and that most viewers were okay with the adults only policy. Just kind of annoying how they assume it's negative right away towards Disney, until the public speaks and sets them straight, then they change their tone!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

OK I will probably get killed for this but here goes:

I wouldn't mind seeing a few other resturants at WDW put this policy in place...

(Runs for cover...)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    In a trade-off to appease the furious 10 and under crowd, nobody over the age of 10 will be allowed on Small World.
    Now that would aggravate me.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    In a trade-off to appease the furious 10 and under crowd, nobody over the age of 10 will be allowed on Small World.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the media thought they could really bank on this story, hah. <c>
    they must of been REALLY desperate to try and make a big deal out of this.
    Honestly, i looked at their menu (), and its a little over my head. I'd rather go to the Electric Umbrella!
    DisneyWorld Trips.
    96' AllStarMusic 97' AllstarMovies
    98' AllstarSports
    01' CarribeanBeach
    03' AllstarMusic
    04' Pop!
    05' Pop!
    06' AllstarMusic
    08' Pop!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I feel like Disney is really a place for the young and young at heart. If you are going to Disney to escape kids and a little silliness, you are definitely in the wrong place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    OK I will probably get killed for this but here goes:

I wouldn't mind seeing a few other resturants at WDW put this policy in place...

(Runs for cover...)
    Start running, I'm chasing you with my broom like the Pirates ride wenches.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizzKnee View Post
    I bet the media thought they could really bank on this story, hah. <c>
    they must of been REALLY desperate to try and make a big deal out of this.
    Honestly, i looked at their menu (), and its a little over my head. I'd rather go to the Electric Umbrella!

Well to be fair...we haven't actually heard anything from a true "media" outlet on this one.

I'm sure some people had great times with their children at V&A's....but it works out to be about a 3 hour meal and you receive a wide range of differing food styles throughout...it's heavy on seafood at times but also uses a wide ranges of meats and game....

...what i'm getting at is that I think that the chances are the food isn't really palatable to the young...and to take your kids and have them eat pizza or chicken fingers while you eat rock crab claw just seems....you know....a waste.

The dark atmosphere in the restaurant also is a con for children....i almost fell asleep in there myself.

This is an appropriate and in no way controversial move, IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkitude View Post
    I feel like Disney is really a place for the young and young at heart. If you are going to Disney to escape kids and a little silliness, you are definitely in the wrong place.
    I agree with that up to a point. That point would basically be V&A. There's nothing wrong with one restaurant on property being pseudo-adult, 10 and up isn't exactly adults only.

It's unfortunate at the other nice restaurants, that dumb parents ruin it for everyone, with or without kids. One, you should know your kids well enough to know what kind of restaurant they deal with well, and two, there's no reason not to expect them to behave or at least try to pay attention to them. I'm pretty sure the parents like the one mentioned at Le Chef's de France are the minority, but that's what sticks in people's minds. We went to Californina Grill and were seated very near a table with kids. They were extremely well behaved and seemed to enjoy the experience.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Start running, I'm chasing you with my broom like the Pirates ride wenches.

LOL!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: