Quantcast Mexican Boat Ride Junkies II - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Three Cabelleros

55 44.35%
  • Rio Del Tiempo

69 55.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss the song!
    Nikki

1982 - Offsite - 1986 - Offsite - 1990 - Contemorary
    1994 - Polynesian/Wilderness Lodge - 1995 - Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge
    1996 - Boardwalk/Wilderness Lodge - 1997 - Offiste
    1998 - Disney Institute - 1999 - Offiste - 2001 - Port Orleans, Riverside
    2003 - Port Orleans, Riverside/ Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had to reply! We were there in July and my DD3's favorite character encounter was with Pancito outside the Mexico pavillion. (She met 30+ characters that week!). She could not stop talking about him!

We went to ride the Mexico river boat and a cast member approached her. He asked if we would be special guests on one of the boats! We got to ride, only our family, on a boat. She LOVED it! That Pancito was featured prominently was great!

I had been on the previous ride that featured Mexico, and that was great, too.

But, My DD3---winning a Dream---that was the greatest! She still talks about Pancito as her favorite character!

Post Thanks / Like

These are great responses anyone else?
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Post Thanks / Like

me and dw loved the old version of this ride, but it was in need of a makeover, it's more enjoyable now.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I know my opinion is skewed being a big Donald Duck fan, but I enjoyed the old ride too. They needed to do something with it, but it is still one that I must go on every time I go. It was actually kind of good to see the use a theme from such a older film release.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall hearing about the refurb. When did this take place? Did the ride change alot or did they just add to it. Fill me in peoples! DBf likes Donald, so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I chose El Rio del Tiempo.

--LOVED the music
    --was one of the only "romantic" rides
    --appreciated the historical value of the beginning
    --don't like the addition of characters, or at least them taking over the WHOLE ride

I do agree that it needed to be updated, but there are ways to update the good points of a ride (They did it with Haunted Mansion). It would have been neat to keep the main concepts but make them not look so outdated. Now that I'm really thinking about it, it's the beginning with the Aztec's that I really feel is a very sad loss, in addition to the music/song. I wish they would have left that idea at the beginning (but updated) and then had the characters come in after that or at least integrate them into it.
    Born and raised in Kissimmee Florida!
    2010--Coronado Springs [April 18-24]
    2008--Coronado Springs [Jan 25-Feb 2]
    2005--Pop Century [May 1-8]
    2003--offsite: Got engaged in Mexico at Epcot!
    2002--offsite
    2001-1981--too many times to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

(not so) humble opinion timeEl Rio Del Tiempo had a respectful air about it regarding the culture of Mexico. This Gran Fiesta is too cartoony and to me. makes no sense. I am a nostalgic fan... goodness, I am still mourning the loss of Horizons... so going on this ride last week was a HUGE disappointment. There would have been better ways to update this attraction.
    I can say that I will not be going on again.
    Also, did I miss something? Isn't Epcot supposed to educate as well as entertain? Did I miss the education experience while in my food festival induced stupor?
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore3138 View Post
    I miss the song!
    Me too, too bad they can't add the song after the stage ending just before the exit.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadWriter View Post
    (not so) humble opinion timeEl Rio Del Tiempo had a respectful air about it regarding the culture of Mexico. This Gran Fiesta is too cartoony and to me. makes no sense. I am a nostalgic fan... goodness, I am still mourning the loss of Horizons... so going on this ride last week was a HUGE disappointment. There would have been better ways to update this attraction.
    I can say that I will not be going on again.
    Also, did I miss something? Isn't Epcot supposed to educate as well as entertain? Did I miss the education experience while in my food festival induced stupor?

I have to agree with you...I hate this update. It is so cartoony, I just hate it. Change it back!!
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

ive never ridden rio del tiempo but ive ridden the 3 cabbeleros ride and it is really cool. So i voted for that one.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really a fan of either. I voted for the new version because at least its an upgrade which the original needed. I just wish they had done more. There is so little explanation of what you are looking at. It has the potential for so much more to sell you on visiting the country so the upgrade was a disappointment on that level.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed the El Rio Del Tiempo, but I must admit to liking the new ride better! It is very colorful and exciting!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the "like the old version better" camp - I like Donald but found him a little annoying in this version. Also like others have said, the ending is not as good and I miss the song. Kind of miss the merry-go-round in the middle too!

But it did need an update ....
    "You can say it backwards, which is... DOCIOUSALIEXPIISTIC- FRAGILCALIRUPUS. - But that's going a bit too far, don't you think? - indubitably."
    -:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:--

* YC *WL *BC *BW *CB *Swan *Dolphin *GF *Poly* POFQ*

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the old version too. I enjoyed the mist when you entered and the ending with the merchants. The new one is good too but not the same. The ending could have been better. We always enjoyed looking at the merchant wares and now fake balloons just sit. Two very small things we miss. Don't get me wrong we enjoyed the new version and will continue to ride it. Hmmmm let me see just 317 more days!!
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the new one as it's more enjoyable for kids, however, I really miss the market scene where the sales-person followed you from the one video screen to the next.
    DVC Member Since 2005

SSR - June 2007
    Boardwalk/SSR - November 2006
    Coronado - November 2005
    All Star Sports - June 2005
    Port Orleans - November 2004
    Grand Floridian - November 2003
    Swan - June 2002
    5 trips pre-2000

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could vote five times,because none of us liked the new look.

We discovered Rio del Tiempo purely by accident the second time we were there, and it instantly became one of our favorite things to do while in Epcot. DW, the kids, and I all loved it.

We agreed that it could have used some sprucing up, but none of us liked what they did to it.

Sad to say, but it has gone from a "must do' to a "nah, nevermind" for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the new version. I love both, and even back when it was River of Time, I rode it just about everytime I went to Epcot.

I perfer the current version just a smidge, because I hated the pushy mexican sales people (stereotype much?) and I really love the song at the end of the ride now. I'm a strange girl, that's always been one of my favorite Disney songs.

I think its good that the changes have brought people back to the ride. It's hard to seeing really great attractions just sitting there. The ride seems to have at least a bit of a wait now, when before the wait was almost always non existent.
    Is it April yet???

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I DID NOT like the new version. I agree with others about how much more enjoyable the other version was. I also loved riding past the pyramid and see the aztecs. It did need more of that and less puppets but now it REALLY doesnt make any sense. I also miss the ending where the voice says something like "Peace be with you" in spanish and english.
    "When you look under the rocks & plants and take a glance at the fancy ants - and maybe try a few..."

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care for the new one either. DH and I both found it rather confusing - almost like there was supposed to be a story line, but we couldn't exactly figure out what it was supposed to be. Mainly because it didn't hold our attention.

We'll probably ride again next year just to give it the benefit of the doubt but I can't see myself liking it as much as the old one. Still a good place to get off your feet and enjoy the air conditioning!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: