Quantcast For those who celebrate Christmas - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, along with all the inside decorations. This will be the first year that we'll put up outside decorations (only our 3rd Christmas together), and we're hoping to do that this weekend. However, we're Cub Scout leaders, and we're in a parade this weekend, and the next, so we'll see. As for Christmas music, I added it to my iPod the week before Thanksgiving, but dh doesn't usually want to hear it until the middle of December.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    Our tree goes up before Halloween if at all possible, and it's DEFINITELY up before Thanksgiving!

This year, the tree and the decorations started going up on October 27th.

Yes, we're crazy
    Are you sure you don't live in a department store?

Normally our tree goes up a couple of weeks before Christmas, but this year I was planning to put ours up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We've done everything early this year. We finished most of our Christmas shopping in China a few weeks ago (except for the niece and nephew) and just sent out our Christmas photo cards on Saturday, using photos we took for this year's card during last year's Christmas. The tree went up yesterday, and started putting lights on it today. We grew up with artificial trees, so I'm used to them. I also like that they don't dry out. I think this will be the 13th year I've used the same Christmas tree. The skirt around the tree is also the same one I grew up with as a little kid ... Somehow I ended up with it instead of my brother or sister.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

we just put ours up tonight. ds and i wore our santa's hats and played christmas music while we unwraped my boxes of orderments. will keep everything up till new years. i am an orderment junkie and dh is looking into buying me a bigger tree next year after i mentioned christmas store in downtown disney!!!
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Default All 8 Of Them

hahahahaha...... yep ... I have 8 trees (here in Florida). I have 1-1ft, 3-2ft, 1-3ft, 2-4ft, and 1-6.5 ft. Only one of the trees doesn't have decorations on it because it's a Fiber Optic tree -- it's beautiful (I did put a pretty bow on the top). All the rest were put up on Thanksgiving Day and the Day After and I finished decorating them yesterday. They are AWESOME!!!

Oh, I have 2-6fts and 1 4ft in my storage in California of which one is a sliver aluminum from the "yesteryears"....can't wait to get those here!!!!
    Carribean Beach / Saratoga Springs
    Boardwalk Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Wilderness Lodge Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Saratoga Springs
    SARATOGA SPRINGS & THE DISNEY WONDER

Post Thanks / Like

My younger DD's birthday is Nov 29, so the tree and decorations do not go up until after her family birthday party (which was tonight so the tree can go up soon). The outdoor decorations may or may not go up before then. My Mom and sister don't understand why I put off putting my decorations and tree up - they've had their stuff up for weeks now. We generally keep our stuff up for about a week or so into the new year - it depends on when I have to work. Catwillow, you have me beat - we have 6 trees. My 4 ft pencil tree stays up all year and is currently decorated in Disney Princess and Tinkerbell - it has twinkle lights, gold beads, silver and gold balls, and Princess and Tinkerbell ornaments - the topper is a silver star Princess wand.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Our goes up around the middle of Dec. It stays up until Jan.6th.
    It's nice hearing Christmas music now, I just wish the week after Christmas day continued with movies and carols.
    When I was growing up, the tree went up Christmas Eve while we were sleeping. What magic that was.
    Outside decorations go up first weekend in Dec.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: