Quantcast Child Urinates from TTA - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Bleach and a rag will clean that mess up real quick, and a change of clothes will clean up the kid quickly.
    This was the point I was making. The worst case scenario should have been the kid going in his pants and maybe getting it on the seat/floor of the TTA. Then he could have simply told a CM upon exiting that their car needed bleaching as his kid couldn't hold it any longer and gone for a clothes change. This would have prevented any further safety questions and may have slightly inconvenienced himself -- better than endangering his child and others (public health), plus grossing people out.
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for the child. If they had to go that bad I am sure they told the parents before hand. Some parents, how horrible to drag your kid on a ride that has to pee and then making them pee overboard. How rude and cruel. That child would have been fine had they stopped at a restroom before the ride began. I know when my kid has to go he makes sure to tell me every 2 seconds.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleandtheBeast View Post
    I feel sorry for the child. If they had to go that bad I am sure they told the parents before hand. Some parents, how horrible to drag your kid on a ride that has to pee and then making them pee overboard. How rude and cruel. That child would have been fine had they stopped at a restroom before the ride began. I know when my kid has to go he makes sure to tell me every 2 seconds.
    I do not agree with the parent allowing the child to pee over the side. However, I think you missed one part of the story. It seems they were stuck on the ride for a long amount of time. No, the parents were not right in their actions but, it does not sound like this was just a regular length ride. There seems to be more to the story then the parents not stopping by a bathroom on the way to the ride. I take my kids to the bathrooms constantly on vacation and when we are out. But, there are times when the urge to goes on comes unexpected. With them, and me. I could be wrong but, the assumption I got from reading this post was that they were stuck on the ride for some time and their child had to go. NO, their actions were not right but, I think it was more then them ignoring their child about having to go to the bathroom.

I am not trying to start a debate...I am just pointing that out.
    Last edited by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom; 11-22-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: wanted to add
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Might be interesting to hear some constructive options suggested for those who might find themselves in that situation with a kid who can't wait.
    I can think of about 20 solutions more appropriate than having your child pee on guests walking beneath you.

Peeing in a cup, a bottle, a glass, your hat, on the floor, on the seat, on the track, in his/her pants, in a bag .... is that enough constructive options for you?

Ridiculous. Absolutely classless and unforgiveable. I'm also pretty sure public urination is illegal (for obvious reasons).

Sad to say, however, not the first time ... I witnessed a man instructing his young son (about 3) to pee in a bush right by the Plaza Restaurant. Yes, I said the Plaza Restaurant ... you know, the one right next to the PUBLIC RESTROOM!?!?!?!

If you're facing the restroom entrance and look to your right, there's a small bush in the corner where the park entrance from backstage is ... that's where the kid was peeing. I completely and totally flabbergasted. What is wrong with people???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Child Urinates from TTA

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    In general I agree with you about being proactive but I think we also have to take the situation in consideration and cut the CMs some slack. I would start with the presumption that they've been through more of the ride stoppages than we have and have seen it all. As such, they have some experience dealing with things.
    To me this is not about the CM and in no way did I intend to suggest that it was. It is a larger issue than any given CM. My point is that there are times when we need to get resolution about an issue and may need to follow up if the initial person we speak to is unable for any reason to address our concern. This incident was unacceptable for a variety of reasons and should not be tolerated. The incident was unhealthy and unsafe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPoppins View Post
    Well, this is a new one-We just came out of CoP. We were sitting here near the bathrooms having a treat. The TTA had been stopped for a while when...down came a stream from above us - Yep - a father held his kid over the railing for him to urinate right on the ground in front of us!! Oh lovely... This dad actually pushed open the doors, pulled the kid out of an adjoining car and... well, the rest of the story is sitting in a puddle at our feet. Yucko! What is this world coming to?
    Wow! That is disgusting. Don't worry; I'm sure that parent was caught and Disney called the local police to have the guy arrested for endangering a child and among other charges. Do you know what Disney did?
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

This past summer we saw a family allow their child to pee in the line for the Barnstormer...and the wait was only about 10 minutes. We were absolutely disgusted and were quick to let them know that. He peed towards other people in the line and all over the fence. We told the CM's and they cleaned the fence..but I was just blown away with that one..and I am pretty tolerant of bad behavior!
    My son often forgets to tell us that he has to pee until it is too late..so I carry an empty bottle for emergencies...ONLY for emergencies when making it to the bathroom is not an option....
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

We are just being surrounded by a classless, disrespectful society. I mean when media glorifies Hollywood drug use, rehab, DWI's , jail and then you have the moron's on the internet posting videos of idiotic stunts, people just start thinking that anything is acceptable. Just my 2 cents on that.

I agree though that there were many other options rather than peeing over the side. Could you imagine walking below and suddenly being showered upon?
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

At least it was just #1. During this time of Thanksgiving, be thankful that's all it was.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

With all the millions of people at WDW each year I am sure this is far from the first time this has happened. Now before everyone jumps all over me I do agree this is a nasty thing to do and there are certainly much better way to handle this. However, we also have to consider that this person may also possibly be from some part of the world where this thing is more acceptable. And before you say this isn't acceptable anyplace in the world, I suggest you visit a few places south of the American border and other parts of the world where these things are very common. I know, that still doesn't make it any less nasty but unless we know more about the people who did it we should be a little careful in condemning them.

Post Thanks / Like

When my boys were being toilet trained, I would carry ziploc baggies for those- oh no - moments. They didn't care for peeing in a bag , but it did the job in a pinch. After reading this post, I might bring some bags along for our upcoming WDW trip for just such an occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unbelievable

As a parent, I understand that things happen, but to have it get so bad as to pull a "Micheal Jackson" and hand a child over the edge to urinate.... I am shocked. Its a gross action...
    Yes I know i should not jump to conclusions, but I would expect there could have been some other alternative...
    I have friends who are parents but they still only think of themselves and not their children, so I can believe a parent not asking their child if they have to go PRIOR to the ride. What kid would want to stop to use the restroom rather than go on a ride?
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with an earlier poster that although this was the WRONG option there were "circumstances".

Aparently the child was stuck on the ride for an unusal length of time. Breaking out of the restraints to have him pee over the side...was NOT right. All I can figure is the parent "panicked". The incident was coming whether they liked it or not. That parent apparently "freaked"...I'm not not not NOT saying it was "right" to have them pee over the edge...but they were probably equally panicky about the child peeing ON the ride. Two milliseconds to try to think through this. What if the CM did NOT figure out which car was the "pee" car and you were the next person to sit there...double ick. You know the cast members don't always check every car and some people are "WET" when they sat down from a previous ride.

The number of small children I've seen just drop their drawers in the middle of a park or whatever and a panicked parent dashing towards them to pull them up...oh my... Probably never actually "faced" with that situation the brain shut down and they just freaked.

I think just having the child pee on the ride would have been better. But I know I've been stuck on a ride quite a while (Test Track)...because a sudden "storm" came through and they shut the ride down for quite a while.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kelly View Post
    Disgusting, classless. And IF the ride had indeed been stopped for a while, it falls on the management and CMs to clear the attraction ASAP, not to let people sit.
    CMs can't always clear the ride fast. I know for SM it can take hours to clear the ride after it goes down. What was done was unacceptable, but the CMs need to be cut a little slack. They cannot leave their area to go take care of a situation on a ride they are not trained for. Also, even though what the father did was disgusting and wrong, it was more important for the CMs to first get the idiots who got out of their vehicle off of the track.
    Former WDW MK BTM CM.

Engaged at MGM's OFSL on NYE 2006.

Married to DisneyDave4479 (June 16, 2007).

PAP since October 2007.

Been enjoying WDW since 1986...with hundreds of visits...just call me lucky!

VMK: PoorPuzzledFish.

Post Thanks / Like

Not good at all

What is wrong with some people???
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    With all the millions of people at WDW each year I am sure this is far from the first time this has happened. Now before everyone jumps all over me I do agree this is a nasty thing to do and there are certainly much better way to handle this. However, we also have to consider that this person may also possibly be from some part of the world where this thing is more acceptable. And before you say this isn't acceptable anyplace in the world, I suggest you visit a few places south of the American border and other parts of the world where these things are very common. I know, that still doesn't make it any less nasty but unless we know more about the people who did it we should be a little careful in condemning them.
    Gotta disagree with you on this one. "Ignorance of the law is not a defense of the law". I don't care what behaviors are ok in other countries - you have to abide by the rules in the country you are visiting. Ask any woman who has traveled to the Middle East, or that young guy who got caned in Singapore. Public urination is illegal, disgusting and unsanitary.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default almost went myself...

I almost peed myself reading these responses! To all of you who were grossed out and said this was terrible... Kudos! To those who mentioned "not knowing the whole story" I say... WHAT?

OK I have had to go... I mean REALLY GO! But never that much. Before you ask, no I do not have kids, but I have ridden in cars with children for hours and hours and yes they can be tough to deal with when they have to go but seriously, if your going to let them go out there in the open, let them just pee on the floor of the vehicle. There is plenty of room there and it wouldn't make much of a mess. What this sounds like is an irresponsible parent not wanting to DEAL with pee, and figured well I don't want to get wet or smell it so, let someone (or everyone) else deal with it and over the side he went.

Way to set a great example for your kid!
    Also, before you try to drop the " different culture card" let me say this. I have been to countries where this is common place, not my thing, but OK... when I had to go and everyone else was getting off the bus and letting it rip on the side of the road... when in Rome, etc, etc.

But this was not my trip to Vietnam, this was a trip to Walt Disney World. There are bathrooms everywhere, there's no mistaking american culture regarding bathroom usage so that will not fly. If your unsure, read a guide book, it will specify.

I know I will get blasted for this as usual, but that's how I (and apparently many others) feel.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    I know I will get blasted for this as usual, but that's how I (and apparently many others) feel.

D
    I applaud you !
    Former WDW MK BTM CM.

Engaged at MGM's OFSL on NYE 2006.

Married to DisneyDave4479 (June 16, 2007).

PAP since October 2007.

Been enjoying WDW since 1986...with hundreds of visits...just call me lucky!

VMK: PoorPuzzledFish.

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    I almost peed myself reading these responses! To all of you who were grossed out and said this was terrible... Kudos! To those who mentioned "not knowing the whole story" I say... WHAT?

OK I have had to go... I mean REALLY GO! But never that much. Before you ask, no I do not have kids, but I have ridden in cars with children for hours and hours and yes they can be tough to deal with when they have to go but seriously, if your going to let them go out there in the open, let them just pee on the floor of the vehicle. There is plenty of room there and it wouldn't make much of a mess. What this sounds like is an irresponsible parent not wanting to DEAL with pee, and figured well I don't want to get wet or smell it so, let someone (or everyone) else deal with it and over the side he went.

Way to set a great example for your kid!
    Also, before you try to drop the " different culture card" let me say this. I have been to countries where this is common place, not my thing, but OK... when I had to go and everyone else was getting off the bus and letting it rip on the side of the road... when in Rome, etc, etc.

But this was not my trip to Vietnam, this was a trip to Walt Disney World. There are bathrooms everywhere, there's no mistaking american culture regarding bathroom usage so that will not fly. If your unsure, read a guide book, it will specify.

D
    100% correct my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

dmosher...a billion kudos.
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: