Quantcast ??s about Sheraton Vistana Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ??s about Sheraton Vistana Resort

We are staying here for the first time in Feb. We always stay onsite, but the inlaws have a timeshare through interval and this was the only resort available at this time.

Anyhoo.....I was reading a review for the resort and came across some information that has me worried. I am allergic to smoke and I read that they don't have non-smoking rooms, they just disinfect the rooms after each visit. Is this true? I'm concerned that the smoke "smell" will still be present. I'll be miserable if this happens.
    May '94 Offsite
    Sept '03 Honeymoon at CS
    Sept '04 Pop
    Dec '04 Caribbean Beach
    Sept '05 POFQ
    Up Next.....Feb '08 first trip with DD!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this from a website, "The Sheraton Vistana Resort, Lake Buena Vista does not offer non-smoking rooms."

I was there years ago and don't remember smelling any smoke but I guess it depends on who was staying there before you. Like I said it was year ago so I really can't remember. It's sad they don't offer non-smoking rooms for us non-smokers. Unless they have some new smoking laws we don't know of like we have here in Minnesota, ya pretty much can't smoke in any buildings but your own home here.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Allergy to smoke, non-smoking rooms

We rented a week there at the resort, its was cheap $400 for the week! However, the condo had a "stale" smell to it. I think it was old smoke odors combined with the disinfectant they try to kill it with. If you are allergic to smoke, I would not stay there. Disinfectant likely won't get rid of it enough to prevent any reactions. However, if you are worried that it will still have the lingering effects of smoke, thats probably hit or miss. Depending on whether the condo was smoked in for the week, or weeks prior to you staying there and how much. We stayed there once before with my husband's family. They knew it was a deal-breaker for us, and only smoked outside on the enclosed porches. The air conditioning was on the entire time (late May), and filtering the air nicely. We were at the parks at 8am and back in the room at midnight for a week! I can honestly say I didn't notice any stale odors that time. Since having our daughter, we won't stay anywhere now that isn't completely smoke-free. No allergies. Just won't stay anywhere that allows smoking. HTH!

Post Thanks / Like

1) The Sheraton Vistana is not our preferred timeshare.
    2) We visited several people staying there, and they were not pleased.
    3) The Good
    . . . the rooms were of good size
    . . . the decor was usually bright and cheery
    . . . it is very close to Disney
    4) The Bad
    . . . stale cigarette smoke was noticeably present
    . . . few resort activities for down-days or rain-days
    . . . few scheduled activities during the day
    5) I am not saying this is a bad resort, other than no non-smoking rooms.
    6) We are just used to many, many activities at a timeshare

NOTE: When the extended family comes down every February-March for two weeks, we stay either on-site or in our timeshares. There are days we don't do Disney, and want something else available. We like the idea of swimming, putt-putt, golf, sailing, nightly parties, arts and crafts, water parks, and bingo. I guess we are just spoiled.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: