Quantcast Whose going out on Black Friday?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whose going out on Black Friday?

i did it for the first time last year and i think i will be doing it again this year!!
    although i didnt really get any gifts last year..i did get myself many nice things for cheap!! lol..
    this year i wanna go to target..i went to kohls last year with some friends..but even if i have to go solo..im going to target..
    when do you usually find out about all the crazy sales??
    so who is gonna brave the cold weather and early early morning to get some good deals??
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be working that day.... the day after Thanksgiving is not a holiday for my office. But my supervisor is taking the day off as a vacation day so she can go out shopping. She's done this since she started here! I think I've done it once in my whole life and NEVER AGAIN! I always try to have all my shopping done BEFORE Black Friday!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I love to get up early and go to Wal-Mart to save a few dollars, beat the crowds.... ahh the thrill of the hunt, the conquest of knowing you got a great deal!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I go every year. It's a tradition! My Mom and I get up at 4am and are in town well before the stores open.
    Now that I'm married, dh and I have to either get up even earlier to get to mom's house, or we have to spend the night there.
    On Thanksgiving day, we'll pass the paper around before dinner, look at the sales papers, and map out our plan. Last year, we were in the same vehicle, but split up on foot. This year, I hope we can stay together!
    This year, dh and I already have all but 3 gifts purchased (other than for each other), so we'll just be looking for good deals for ourselves. We usually end up stocking up on dvds on that Friday.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to Google and type it in, you can already see the ads...I was checking them out online last night! Good luck!

mttafire Guest

... Friday morning; We will be out in full force!
    Capitalism..gotta LOVE it!
    I just hope we dont spend too much.
    Shawn
    Last edited by ChipDale; 11-15-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: TMI

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found anything that seems like that great of a deal in all the ads that I've seen other than your bigger ticket items like TVs & computers where you can save several hundred dollars . I know Walmart has sent legal letters to the Black Friday sites and made them take down their ad. Plus a lot of places like Kohls & Pennys have started sales earlier this year because they know 1 weekend isn't going to save them with the down turn everything has taken. I normally work and stop at Best Buy and pick up things for everyone else on my way in to save them the trip. But since it will be the 1st day my wife has taken off this year I figured to take it off too so we can all just sleep in.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

I've never gone Black Friday shopping, but I was thinking about checking it out one year. I doubt I'll buy anything because I despise waiting in long lines but we'll see... good luck to all who brave the crowds for that elusive deal!
    Last edited by ChipDale; 11-15-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Removed edited quote
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been going for years.....usually I go by myself because no one else in my family is crazy enough to go with me!

One year my mom went with me and that was it.....she said once was enough for her. Of course, we were at Walmart, so that is why I think she said she had enough -- if you have never gone to Walmart, it's nuts!!

Last year I actually helped on of my friends neighbors by hauling a drum set she bought and could not fit in her car!! I delivered it later that day to her parents house and the guy was like "WHO are you lady?"......Yeah, it was weird, but sometimes you gotta help people out!

This year so far from what I've seen on the Black Friday sites, I'm not really going for anything in particular.....Toys R Us has absolutely nothing for our house, so I won't be heading there. Maybe Target and Kohls this year......

At any rate, I will be going slower since I found out we're going to add another "spawn" as DH calls them, to our family (he means it lovingly I am sure).
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

i am a huge black friday shopper. my ds and i will hit target,toys r us, pennys,kohls and macys for sure. my sis may also join us this year as well.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

we are going to Vanity Fair this year. Starts at 12:00 am and they are even serving Breakfast Buffet. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jennbunn View Post
    i am a huge black friday shopper. my ds and i will hit target,toys r us, pennys,kohls and macys for sure. my sis may also join us this year as well.
    Kohls and TJ Maxx..GREAT stores for name brand clothes!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in line at Best Buy for sure. I already printed out the ad scan and circled what I'm gonna get. I made out like a bandit last year and intend to do it again
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't go anywhere near any retail establishment from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day. I have long since retired from fighting crowds. Why put up with that nonsense when I can do any necessary shopping from the comfort of my computer?
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I worked retail for five years of Black Fridays and that was enough for me. I avoid shopping of any kind and stay far away from malls on Black Friday. Internet shopping!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

One good thing about Wal-Mart is they keep the Black Friday sale price in effect long after Black Friday ends.
    I've purchased things with the BF sale price in mid December.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    beat the crowds.... :

Beat the Crowds?????????? I have never seen worse crowds than at Wal-mart the one time I went out. When I saw a fist fight started over the last DVD player that was on sale I decided I would never do it again. Any black Friday shopping that I do will be strictly online.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    One good thing about Wal-Mart is they keep the Black Friday sale price in effect long after Black Friday ends.
    Good point.

Post Thanks / Like

I work 7p to 7a on both Thursday and Friday so I won't be going anywhere but work and bed! In the past when I have been off and gone out, I haven't really enjoyed it. I hate the crowds so I really do more people watching than shopping.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I thought Wal-Mart didn't have sales - only roll back of prices. LOL

Not living in the States, how can you people get up so early to go shopping the morning after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine it. I've been looking at some of the sale flyers and can't say that I have seen that many great sales. Granted a few good items, but with limited quantities available.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: