Quantcast Slushies, Fast Rides, and Zebra Domes Trip Report - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slushies, Fast Rides, and Zebra Domes Trip Report - Day 2

Recap of Facts

Who:
    Amanda (Me)
    John (DH)
    Matt (DS9)
    Nate (DS7)

When & Where:
    Friday, October 19 until Monday, October 29 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Pool View Bunk Beds

Day 2 – Saturday, October 20th

At precisely 7:30, the wake up call came. I was prepared for Stitch and Mickey, but instead I hear YoHo YoHo A Pirates Life For Me. I really wanted to get to the parks earlier this trip. Usually we get a late start so I wanted to see if we could make use of the mornings better. John & I showered while the boys had donuts for breakfast in the room. They dressed and we were out the door at just before 9. Not too bad for our family. We had a less than 5 minute wait for an Epcot bus and this was probably the 2nd most crowded bus all trip but we were able to sit. I’m still surprised at the size of some of the strollers that people drag onto the bus.

We entered the turnstiles at Epcot at 9:15 and waited for our first Photopass of the trip. We had pre-purchased the CD before we left so I really wanted to take advantage of it this year. It was nice to see Spaceship Earth without the wand, which the boys noticed immediately, however it just wasn’t the same without it being our first ride. We headed to the right to take our annual photo of the boys in front of their Leave a Legacy tile, then it was off to The Land to get a FP for Soarin’. Our first ride for this trip ended up being Living With The Land, which the boys seemed to enjoy more this year. We ended up buying 3 cake slices from Sunshine Seasons (Carrot, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter) to share as a snack ($11.48). Then we decided to head over to the Seas for a ride in a clam with Nemo. Last year I thought this ride was cheesy, but this year I thought it was a bit better. We were able to get into the next showing for Turtle Talk, which was great, as always. Then it was back to The Land for our FP time. In no time at all we were gliding barefoot (we had worn Crocs & didn’t want them to fall off) over California in B2. After our flight we hightailed it over to Canada for lunch.

When we arrived at LeCellier for our 12:30 ADR the waiting area was packed and Nathan was STARVING, which proved to be a recurring theme all week. That boy must be going thru a growth spurt. We had about a 15 minute wait, which I spent most of the time explaining to Nate that 12:30 didn’t necessarily mean we’d be eating at 12:30. Finally our name was called and we asked for a rush on the breadsticks to ease Nate’s hunger pains. Our server, Jadrian, was very friendly and quite efficient. I ordered the Prime Rib Sandwich, John had the Flat Iron Sandwich, Nate ordered pizza, and Matt had (of all thing) a hot dog. We all munched on the breadsticks and the boys veggies. Total bill (including sodas) $50.42, minus our DDE discount of $9.47 left us with a bill for $40.34.

As we were exiting LeCellier the boys spotted Kenai & Koda taking photos so they ran off to get in line. We had seem them before at Animal Kingdom, but never in Canada. They played around with the boys and we got some great pics. After saying goodbye to them, we continued our journey across the World Showcase. Nate’s goal this trip was to find a Disney soccer shirt. We found plenty of country-specific shirts at Epcot, but nothing Disney. While strolling thru the WS, we also ended up seeing and having pics taken with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Alice, Mary Poppins (a first for us), Jasmine (John’s favorite), Snow White & Dopey, and Marie (the cat, another first for us). By the time we had entered France, Matt was ready for his annual favorite snack in all of WDW – cheesecake from the bakery. Although maybe Zebra Domes have passed that, I'll have to check. John & I were still stuffed from lunch, but Matt had his cheesecake and Nate had a strawberry slush($7.24). Nate is definitely a slushie/smoothie fiend.

This has got to be the slowest exploration of the WS we’ve ever done. It was nice to see the boys enjoy it more and stop to take the time to look at things. When we were in Japan, John surprised me by purchasing a ticket for me to pick a pearl. The boys went to each get another slushie ($7.50) to eat while they waited. We have watched people do this for the past few years and I’ve always secretly wanted to do it but never made it happen. Thanks to my thoughtful husband I was now given the opportunity to pick. The chance to pick was $13.89 plus tax ($14.80). I waited my turn and finally chose what I thought was a perfect oyster. The woman doing it was so cute & very entertaining. She split my oyster open and found nestled a 8 ¼ pearl. People around us had been getting 7 or 7 1/2 so this was big. She said it was the biggest of the day ! I ended up purchasing a small cage pendant for it which was $20 or so. Nothing fancy, but I liked it.

It was approaching dinner time, so we decided to get some snacks at Lotus Blossom Café – pot stickers, egg rolls, shrimp fried rice, diet soda, ginger ice cream, and red bean ice cream ($22.32) The boys ended up eating most of it. Then we went to see the refurb and rode the Three Caballeros. It was actually pretty cute. Much better than I was anticipating. I laughed when they showed Donald cliff jumping – those guys were always a conversation amongst us. We went to see if we could squeeze in Test Track before leaving, but the wait was 130 minutes ! We grabbed a pretzel , 2 ice creams, and a slushie ($12.50) on the way out as the boys were STILL hungry. Another short wait at the bus stop and then back to AKL with the entire bus to ourselves! We arrived back at 9:00 and now I was hungry. The boys had another snack of carrots & cereal, John had a cheeseburger, and I had a piece of carrot cake ($17.53). This was also the first time we tried Zebra Domes. I had read so much about them here on Intercot & was pleased that they offered them at Mara. John, Nate, and I thought they were “OK” but Matt LOVED them ! He ate 4 of the 5. Then it was off to bed, with a wake up call for me as I was doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you'd better be booking more buffets for Nate's sake in the future ! I'm glad you enjoyed LeCellier - it's truly my favorite place in all of Epcot to dine.

You really found a lot of characters out today. How wonderful that you were able to pick a pearl - and you chose a good one! Great report!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Great Report! Very Detailed - I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Can't wait to read more!! We want to hear about your Keys tour. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    This has got to be the slowest exploration of the WS we’ve ever done. It was nice to see the boys enjoy it more and stop to take the time to look at things.

When we were in Japan, John surprised me by purchasing a ticket for me to pick a pearl.

Then it was off to bed, with a wake up call for me as I was doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour.
    I never thought my DH would like WS as much as he did either. We spent more time there than any other "land" in the entire "world."
    The more I read on I'cot about picking pearls, the more I can't wait to get back to WS and do it myself. I think it's something my mother would love to do.

Waiting (not so) patiently to hear about KTTK. If we go next year, we're doing this!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your lovely pearl! It was nice of your husband to surprise you like that!

You certainly did find a lot of characters!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Jadrian was our server when I was at Le Cellier in September. I thought she was very nice and efficient as well.

The pearls in Japan are alwasy a favorite for my family as well. I'm glad you were able to do this.

Thanks for sharing.
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely sounds like a growing boy on your hands! Buffets all the way, I'd say!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great day
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day two......

I'm looking so forward to hearing about your tour

I agree more buffets for you
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a spectacular day at Epcot to me! Congrats on your nice pearl. I am sure it will make you smile and remember your fun trip whenever you wear it. Thanks for sharing.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

wow your boys know how to eat!! lol but they are growing boys so..ya..sounds like you and your family had a very enjoyable day at Epcot!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: