Quantcast Dme ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dme ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dme ?

I've used DME several times and have never had any issues, but we've always spent a full 8 days and a couple of hours getting from the airport to the hotel was not a big issue for us. I'm going in January for a quick trip (Wednesday to Sunday) and don't want to waste the time waiting for the DME to fill up and then make a couple of stops before getting to our resort.

Here's the question: Can I just use DME for the return trip to the airport and use a limo service for the trip from the airport to the hotel?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DME is fine as a one-way thing.

But you and I have, evidently, had very different DME experiences.

I've always had very speedy DME rides to my resort (from the moment I walked off the airplane until the moment I was dropped off at my resort, one time it was 63 minutes and one time it was 56 minutes).

One thing is that they are not supposed to wait for the bus to "fill up." Procedure is for the bus to leave no later than 15 minutes after the first guest boards.

If you have checked luggage, I can't see how a car service will be much speedier for you. If you take a car service, you'll have to go to baggage claim and wait for your bags. That will delay you a little while. With DME, you totaly skip baggage claim.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use DME one way, but you will need to specify in your reservations, so giving Disney a call is needed.

Do you already have arrangements to get to your resort? I have not used DME, since we rent, but that takes up some time too (not as much since DME began).

Any form might take just as long to get there, unless you have a car waiting for you, but that could get expensive.

If you don't check your luggage, your way is probably the quickest.

DME is the cheapest.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not use DME both ways - just don't get on the bus at the airport.

Put the tags on your checked baggage, allow DME service to bring the bags to the resort for you, but get your airport limo to take you to check in. This way you do not have to wait for your bags, but still get the 'faster' limo service.

BTW - It has yet to take us more than an hour from arriving at the main concourse at the airport to check at our resort in using DME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Why not use DME both ways - just don't get on the bus at the airport.

Put the tags on your checked baggage, allow DME service to bring the bags to the resort for you, but get your airport limo to take you to check in. This way you do not have to wait for your bags, but still get the 'faster' limo service.
    Because Disney does not permit a luggage only transfer from the airport to the resort. Luggage service is only for those taking the DME bus.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Because Disney does not permit a luggage only transfer from the airport to the resort. Luggage service is only for those taking the DME bus.
    Man could you just imagine if they did do that, since it's a free service anyone staying on-site would use even if they rented a car, got a limo ect. just let Disney deal with there luggage. Glad they don't and won't allow it.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: