Quantcast Dining Plan Dilemma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Plan Dilemma

Hiya Folks,

So it looks like I will be heading down to the World this year for what will now be my third annual December trip.(No one does Christmas like Disney)

Anyway so we'll be driving down from Philly and intend to get there after 8 pm maybe closer to 10 on Saturday the 1st. Now I have no problems staying on-site that night, BUT I wanted the dining plan. I know you have to get the dining plan the length of the stay, is there a way around this if we check in after a certain time. My only other option is to stay off-site that first night, any help would be greatly appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just buy the plan and use the extra TS for one of the signature resturaunts!!!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only way around it would be to reserve the first night as room only and have the package reservation begin on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay this is tricky but it can be done!
    First make a seperate ressie for the first night.
    than start your package on the second night.
    But be warned you will probably be moved and have to recheck in the next day. Its worth it to me we have driven from Delaware before (howdy neighbor!) and like to get up and start fresh at a park the next morning. So what we have done is pack a small overnight leave all the rest of the lugage in the car. Get up early and "check out" then do an early "check in" leaving all of our luggage with bell services and head to the park.
    We always stay at a value resort and haven't had a problem doing this. Have a great trip!
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

The Dining plan gives you meals based on the number of nights you stay but you do not have to use them each day. As was suggested, you could use the extra TS credit for a signature dining meal, use it as an extra TS one day (like using one for a character bf then another for a TS dinner) or you could use it for a nice lunch or dinner on the day you check out. The dining plan credits are good til midnight on the day you check out so if you don't use it on the first day, you could use it on the last if you want.

Two Mountains , QC (2385 km from DisneyWorld)
    Post Thanks / Like

If you decide to go with 2 reservation, here's what happen to us just a few weeks ago on our last trip.
    We had the first part of our reservation for 1 night on the 29th of september. And the second part from sept 30th to oct.7th. The special rates for room only started the 30th. I sent a fax to the All star and explain the situation that we would like to stay in the same room. Explain again upon check-in to the lovely CM and was able to keep the same room the next morning.
    Of course i had to go phisicaly check-out and check-in again, and it took only a few minutes.
    So if you decide to go with 2 reservation,just ask, i am sure they will be able to help you...
    The secret of tomorrow is to live your dreams today

96 - Off site
    97 - All star sports football
    99 - All star movies dalmatians
    03 - Disney magic western
    07 - All star sports football + MNSSHP
    08 - Pop Century 70's + MVMCP
    10 - Pop Century 70's
    11 - Pop Century ??

Post Thanks / Like

I would enjoy the extra food, and take in a 2-TS dinner (or dinner show).

It isn't hard to "spend" the extra CS meal...just have breakfast one day!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We actually like this scenario. If we get there early evening or late afternoon, and if we are on the dining plan, we often do not use the 1TS for the first day, instead maybe using a counter service for dinner.

As noted, by doing this it now allows for you to have at least one signature restaraunt (2 TS) on another night, which we have done at Artist Point, Yachtsman and HBD.

It's a nice dilema to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses, every one of them was helpful. Leaning towards doing the dual reservation, but I have until Friday to think about it.

KBarletta: Howdy neighbor! So just how bad is the ride?

Post Thanks / Like

We recently stayed at the Beach Club and we had decided to leave one day earlier than our original plans so our MJ agent added on one day, seperate from our "package". She noted to WDW that it was a "continuing" reservation.

When we checked in I let the CM know that we had a "continuing" reservation.

We did not have to check in a second time and we did not have to change rooms.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, we arrived late on our first day but kept the dining plan. It was only 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person, so we were easily able to use it on food that we would have paid for out of pocket anyway before the end of the trip.
    Kim1st
    1982 & 1985 Grandma's house
    10/2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Stay off-site for the first night. Somewhere near the main gate to DTD. It will be cheaper. We did this just last month. We arrived early enough and used the Planet Hollywood coupon for dinner that first night. Not the greatest food in the world, but certainly tastey and plenty of it. It was great looking at all the memorabilia.

Next day, early, check into your resort and away you go. You have the full day to enjoy.

Just another option.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: