Quantcast Full in October?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Full in October?

Any ideas why the parks would be packed this weekend? We couldn't get a hotel when we called, does anyone know why?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a guess here but I think they were getting ready for the golf classic that's usually played at Shades of Green. I'm not sure what name it's going by these days.
    I think there are also some MNSSHP dates this weekend as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to WDW the last few Octobers and I was amazed at how crowded it has become. I'm afraid with MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival, word has gotten out that October is the best time of year to go - or at least WAS the best time of year to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Break. At least it is here in KY. I'm sure other states as well.

But I have foun'd that even though the Disney Hotels are usually packed, the crowds aren't too bad because the local and day trip patrons are still in school.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back yesterday and I can tell you that the parks felt crowded. It very much reminded me of what the park felt like in early August. Every ride seemed to have a 30 minute or more wait. Now at the Halloween party last Monday, the MK felt light... we could move and get on any ride without much of a wait.
    Karen

Childhood: 15+
    September 1997 ASMu/ GF
    May 2002: AS
    October 2003: AS
    April 2004: AKL
    October 2004: Pop
    December 2004: POFQ
    Jan 2005: AKL-just Dh and Me!
    Sept 27 2005: AS Sports
    Oct 15 2006: ASMv and MNSSHP
    Nov 1-5 2006
    Dec 9 2006: AS Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I think the weekends are usually more crowded than during the week. I think it's the day trippers that go when nobody has work or school.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that the crowds aren't bad next week. We always look forward to not many crowds in Oct. Does anyone know how crowed the MNSSHP is on Sundays? We will be going next Sunday.
    jen
    ASM Sept. 2009 for 20th Anniversary
    PORS Oct 2007
    PORS Oct 2005 with Aunt and Uncle
    AKL Oct 2004
    ASSp Oct 2003
    ASM Oct 2002
    Off Prop. Oct 2000

Post Thanks / Like

The weekend before and after Columbus Day tend to be the busiest October weekends in WDW. Most of WDW's promotions are kicked off in October plus a lot of people take advantage of Columbus day and use 4 days of vacation to enjoy the whole week down. WDW also offers a lot of discounts in October to Florida residents which makes the weekends busier.

Plus this weekend was Intercot's 10th Anniversary bash down at WDW so you had a ton of extra's due to that as well.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure our site cleaned out the left-over hotel rooms
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Wild View Post
    We just got back yesterday and I can tell you that the parks felt crowded. It very much reminded me of what the park felt like in early August. Every ride seemed to have a 30 minute or more wait. Now at the Halloween party last Monday, the MK felt light... we could move and get on any ride without much of a wait.

Oh dear, not a thirty minute wait!

I'll take a thirty minute wait on any of the E tickets anytime of the year. October is typically one of the less crowded months. When we were there last year, I didn't wait on anything longer than 40 minutes, and that was for EE. More crowded than in the past? Maybe. But sitll extremely managable.

October is also a big convention month in Orlando, which might be the issue with hotels.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Now I don't feel as bad booking my hotel a year in advance. At least I know now that I have my hotel and won't have to worry about them booking up.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned this past Friday & i can honestly say the parks were way too crowded for this time of year. The longest standby wait time was 75 minutes & that of course would be for Soarin. Most everything else was from a 20 - 60 minnute wait. Went to MNSSHP on Thursday the 11th & even then the rides had a wait time of 20 minutes.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Dyanna, we were at the party that night as well! We didn't pay too much attention to the rides as we were consumed with one thing: getcandygetcandygetcandygetcandy!! haha

Seriously, we were there from the 8th through yesterday, and I have to say - it was hot but the crowds were manageable - bless the FastPass. Food and Wine is definitely drawing more people, plus MNSSHP. People are just vacationing at different times now - not as hesitant to take kids away from school, etc. It's also more affordable than ever.

Don't tell anyone - but the best time to go is actually November. Obviously just my opinion, but it's never failed to be an amazing trip for us.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Columbus Day and Souther States Fall Break

I used to love going down the week after Columbus day, but noticed that it was more crowded than I liked it. After asking around, I found out that many schools in the south have a Fall break. Couple this with a long Columbus day weekend and you have a crowded park situation. This year I am going to try the week of Halloween. I know that it will be busy, but hoping that weekdays are not bad, since most kids are in school.

Does anyone have any experience with Halloween week?
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

Park was really crowded for October yesterday (Sunday). I was very surprised. I guess MNSSHP isn't so much of a secret anymore, and the golf tourney didn't help either...nor did the Intercot gang.
    Not a big deal. We made a spontaneous trip, went on a couple rides and let the kids run around TSI.

There are just fewer and fewer weekends to enjoy an empty park.

Post Thanks / Like

I can speak to the fact that Alabama has a Fall Break that fell this past week / weekend for some school systems and then this past weekend into this week for other school systems in the state. Many people at work with school-age children on vacation w/ the kids and some did mention Disney.
    Got to watch October now for schools in the south letting out for Fall Breaks and heading to Disney.
    Nov '09 - camping @ Ft. Wilderness
    Dec '07 - Pop Century for 1st Christmas time trip
    Sept '07 - POrFQ, can't wait, 2 yr DD's 1st visit
    Sept '03 - WL, honeymoon

'79 - Contemp
    '75 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Here in SW FL our schools are taking a break this Friday and the following Monday so I am sure many parents will take advantage of the 4 day weekend.

I feel November is lighter and so we are going next month. I don't like bumper to bumper bodies.
    Visted Disney World since 1975
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies March 2007
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa June 2007
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: