Quantcast MNSSHP & Dinner reservations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP & Dinner reservations

If you plan on attending the MNSSHP & already have your LTT or CP dinner reservations be aware that you will have to wait approx a 1/2 an hour or more to get your seat after you designated ressie time. The CM told us that the families eating in these restaurants already are taking longer than usual to leave their seats this way they are able to walk around the park during the MNSSHP event. We had our dinner ressies at 6:30pm & did not get in until after 7pm.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went on a non-hard ticket night and it still took them about 45-60 minutes to seat us. But that might be because they lost us here too after we checked in.
    So I guess the way around that would be to make ADR's for a 1/2 hour earlier than you actual want it.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually been debating whether or not to combine something like LTT with MNSSHP.

Is it better to just do a quick CS meal that night so that there is more time for the scheduled events? Or is there something special going on (like characters in costumes or themed food) that makes it worth while to make an ADR that evening?

Kim1st
    1982 & 1985 Grandma's house
    10/2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Our plan to beat the dinner crowds and get the most out of our park passes is this. Make an ADP for early, like 4:30. You can enter the park on your MNSSHP pass that early, and you won't have used a full day on your park pass. We are going to take it easy in the am and make our way to MK for a nice dinner and the party.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    The CM told us that the families eating in these restaurants already are taking longer than usual to leave their seats this way they are able to walk around the park during the MNSSHP event.
    I thought that the CMs did a "sweep" and did not let folks who did not have wristbands walk around during the party. Are they not doing this anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

We attended the party on 10/4 and had ADRs for 7PM at LTT. We ended up leaving because we heard so many complaints from people leaving about the slow service they had received. We were more concerned about enjoying the party, so we walked out!!
    '86,'87,'92 - Offsite
    '93 - Disneyland Hotel
    '95 - Disneyland Hotel - Honeymoon
    '01 - Fort Wilderness Cabins - MVMCP
    '03 - Wilderness Lodge
    '03 - Caribbean Beach
    '04 - POR
    '05 - POR/Polynesian - SW Weekends
    '06 - Polynesian - MNSSHP
    '07 - POR - MNSSHP
    '09 - Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kim1st View Post
    I've actually been debating whether or not to combine something like LTT with MNSSHP.

Is it better to just do a quick CS meal that night so that there is more time for the scheduled events? Or is there something special going on (like characters in costumes or themed food) that makes it worth while to make an ADR that evening?

I ate at Liberty Tree Tavern on Friday night before Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The Cast Members and characters were dressed in costume for the event.

We had to wait at least 30 minutes before sitting down, and the service was quite slow. I wrote about our server, Amy, in a review stuck to the top of this board.

Amy rarely refilled our drinks, and took a long time between courses. Somebody at the table wondered aloud if we were punished to a bread and salad diet for the night.

The only way to prevent folks from lingering at the table is to allow only party guests to dine at the restaurant. Since the Magic Kingdom is technically still open before the party begins, I'm not sure how that's possible.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We've done LTT before our MNSSHP the last 2 years - we had a 5:00 & 5:20 ADR. We were seated promptly and the service was very good. Last year the 2nd party we attended, we ate at Cosmic Ray's. This worked better for our family as we were rushing to eat to enjoy the party. This year we'll just be doing counter service prior to the party.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so here's a strange circumstance I just encountered last week. I called to make ADRs for the night I'm attending the party and was told there was nothing available at Tonys. I said oh, that's the night of MNSSHP and I was hoping to eat before we go to the party. The Cast Member said oh - you have tickets for the party? To which I said yes and then all of a sudden all these times opened up. So it almost sounded like they reserved part of the restaurant just for party-goers, which would be great!
    Now planning my 29th trip to WDW! Proud Saratoga Springs DVC member!

Post Thanks / Like

1) I don't see a problem here.
    2) Why not get a later ressie and then stroll the party?
    3) People dally in restaurants for all sorts of reasons
    . . . to wait and see fireworks
    . . . to see characters again
    . . . to finish the meal due to slow eaters
    . . . to rest and recoup from park walking
    . . . to simply drink and talk
    4) This does not seem wrong to me.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamaface View Post
    We attended the party on 10/4 and had ADRs for 7PM at LTT. We ended up leaving because we heard so many complaints from people leaving about the slow service they had received. We were more concerned about enjoying the party, so we walked out!!
    We ate there on 10/4. We had a 4:20 ADR and were seated within 5 minutes. The service was kind of slow, but we weren't in a hurry, and we were still done before 5:30. We still had an hour and a half to enjoy the park before the party started (luckily, as it seemed to get more crowded once the party started).
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: