Quantcast New Disney Visa..tips?suggestions?deals?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question New Disney Visa..tips?suggestions?deals?

Hi! I just got my new Disney Visa card!! I am saving it for our trip! When one shops at the world w/ a Disney Visa are there special deals? rewards?treats that I need to know about?
    Any help is appreciated! TIA for any info!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use your Disney visa at the World of Disney in DTD and spend over $25(I think it's $25) you can save 10% on your purchase. I would remind the cashier before they ring up your purchase because they sometimes don't know or forget about it. Every little bit helps!
    If your trip is not soon, I would use recommend that you use your Disney visa as much as possible so you can build up reward points. I use mine all the time(and pay it off every month) so I can build up reward points to spend when I'm on my trip.
    I also LOVE the fact that I can use my D visa to charge my trip and then have 6 months to pay it off without any interest!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I use Disney Visa for is the Character meet and greet. Since they have absolutely no grace period, I don't use it anymore because they are positively brutal and unforgiving. I have never had such a bad time with a Credit card company. I always pay every month, on time, total balance, and because of some glitch it got there one day late and were they understanding? No way! So now I don't use it anymore. One month worth of late fees wiped out everything I had ever saved with the card, so it just isn't worth it for me anymore.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpH/keD View Post
    Hi! I just got my new Disney Visa card!! I am saving it for our trip! When one shops at the world w/ a Disney Visa are there special deals? rewards?treats that I need to know about?
    Any help is appreciated! TIA for any info!
    I just received mine, too! I'm using it for gas and other things, and paying it off. I believe you get 10% off when you spend $50 or more at WoD. They also do a meet and greet especially for cardholders at Epcot. I'm not so sure of anything else, but I got it for the reward dollars!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Disney Visa. At the World Of Disney store you get 10% off. We look around and see what we want to buy our entire trip and the last day go there and get 10% off our purchase. This way you don't have to carry around your daily purchases either.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    The only thing I use Disney Visa for is the Character meet and greet. Since they have absolutely no grace period, I don't use it anymore because they are positively brutal and unforgiving. I have never had such a bad time with a Credit card company. I always pay every month, on time, total balance, and because of some glitch it got there one day late and were they understanding? No way! So now I don't use it anymore. One month worth of late fees wiped out everything I had ever saved with the card, so it just isn't worth it for me anymore.

We have an airline rewards card that works better for us, but the meet and greet is nice. Plus 10% off at WOD is a plus. You might also look around the bus stops at DTD. When we were there in September, CM's were handing out coupons for $10 off your purchase of $65 or more. Between the coupon, the Disney card, and in-store promotion for discounted commemorative WDW coin set with $50 purchase (I think), we saved almost $20 off the original $80 purchase. It was like getting the coin set and one of our souveniers for free.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

What is the character meet and greet benefit? We don't have one, but I'm considering it, so I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Thanks!
    Contemporary - 1979
    Contemporary - 1983
    Grand Floridian - 11/2002
    Beach Club - 11/2004
    Grand Floridian - 7/2005
    Grand Californian (DLR) - 7/2007
    Boardwalk Villas - 11/2007
    Saratoga Springs - 5/2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtpooh View Post
    What is the character meet and greet benefit? We don't have one, but I'm considering it, so I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Thanks!
    There is a meet & greet in Epcot that is only for Disney Visa holders. They change the characters so you can't know who is there that day til you get there. I also believe you get a free 5x7 picture. We plan to check it out in 3 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie View Post
    There is a meet & greet in Epcot that is only for Disney Visa holders. They change the characters so you can't know who is there that day til you get there. I also believe you get a free 5x7 picture. We plan to check it out in 3 weeks!
    That is correct. It is in the Innoventions area (I forget if it is east or west, but a CM there should be able to tell you). I believe it is every afternoon from approximately 1-4 pm. DW and I each have a card, so we had separate pictures made and each got one. I've heard you can get a new one each day (if you are willing to wait in line each time), but I don't know if that is true. My guess is it depends on the CM at the print shop.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We've been Disney Visa cardmembers since Day 1, and have really taken advantage of the rewards dollars that the card provides to us. The secret is to utilize the card whenever possible, so that you can maximize your earnings. It is also important to pay the balance each month, except for when you're taking advantage of their 0% financing on Disney vacations. Other than for Sam's Club purchases where they don't take Visa, our Disney Visa card is the only one we use.

Other benefits include 20% off on select Disney World tours, discounts on packages throughout the year, and other miscellaneous discount offers that they periodically send out. Check the official Disney Rewards site for details. Not only are the rewards good for Disney World, but they can also be used at The Disney Store (free shipping with minimum), Disney Movie tickets, cruises, etcetera. Currently they also have a promo for 1/2 off mini golf at the courses on Disney property in Florida.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

They said we were late with a payment but we weren't. They were very nice in crediting us the finance charge.

We charge everything & then pay our balance off each month. Next week we'll have $761 to apply to our resort bill

There is also a 50% discount on mini golf going on thru the end of the year at both Winter Summerland & the Fantasia courses.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Disney Visa Info on all the rewards and benefits.

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/c...its/index.html
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read correctly that you have five years to use the rewards? Is that after you transfer them to a card or if you just leave them in your account (unactivated)? What's the usual expiration time once you activate the rewards?

Also, if you forget to get a card before you leave for WDW you can get one at DD Marketplace and DD Westside. You have to bring your Disney Rewards Visa card and a photo i.d.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    Did I read correctly that you have five years to use the rewards? Is that after you transfer them to a card or if you just leave them in your account (unactivated)? What's the usual expiration time once you activate the rewards?
    I think that if you leave them unactivated (that is just leave them and don't transfer them to a Rewards card), the rewards won't expire for 5 years. If you put them on a Rewards card, anything on that card will typically expire in December of the following year. EG, I got a Rewards card in Dec 06 that was good until Dec 07. The one I got in August 07 is good until Dec 08.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    Your rewards points expire after 60 months (5 years) after earning them if you do not transfer them to a rewards card. Once transferred to a rewards card, you need to use the points before the rewards card expires (I think it's the end of the year following the year you request it; the card we got this year expires 12/2008.)
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15