Quantcast Hannah Montana ticket sales to be investigated - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... Just.... wow.... I really don't know what to even say about this... I always hated ticket brokers.... People like me, who are fans of performers, never get to go because these scavengers scalp up all the tickets, then rip you off.... Something needs to be done... I think it is high time for ticket brokers to be put out of business...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    I heard a ticket for her show went for $2,500 in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't pay that much to see ANYBODY!
    I WOULDN'T pay that much to see anybody! That much money is a week at Disney!!! Seven glorious days compared to maybe 2 hours...it's a no-brainer!

We have stopped going to concerts. You stand in line, they draw the "lottery" and you get stuck with lawn seats. Not to mention the cost of the tickets and the Ticketmaster fees are obscene anyway!!!

I'm sorry to all that are upset they didn't get tickets. I've been in your shoes and it is NO fun. Hope they find out if something fishy is happening.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, there are plenty of easy ways to solve the problem. Ticketmaster just isn't motivated to do anything about it, because they're not the ones affected.

If anything, I think the Feds should start taking up antitrust investigations against Ticketmaster. Their fees and charges are outrageous and the fact that they basically have a monopoly on ticket sales in this country is one of the leading reasons scalping is so easy.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Wow.... Just.... wow.... I really don't know what to even say about this... I always hated ticket brokers.... People like me, who are fans of performers, never get to go because these scavengers scalp up all the tickets, then rip you off.... Something needs to be done... I think it is high time for ticket brokers to be put out of business...
    I don't blame the ticket brokers as much as I blame the people willing to pay excessive amounts. Heck, if I had a ticket to anything and someone offered to give me 100 times the value, you bet I'd sell it. If there weren't people buying at those prices, they wouldn't be able to sell them at those prices.

Now I would agree with restricting ANYONE'S ability to buy large blocks of tickets.

Interesting topic. Same thing is going on here in KC. There have been city hearings and the State Attorney General has been all over the news about it. Thing is, the show is playing in a brand new arena, and the local media is also spinning the story to blame the arena management and the city. I really hadn't even heard from the local media that it's a much wider spread issue until I read it here.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I'm honestly glad that I read this because at least I feel better knowing that we are not alone in this....we tried to get tickets to see HM at the new Prudential Center in Newark and it was impossible. We didn't tell Conor that we were even going to try because we just had a feeling it wasn't going to happen. Had we lucked out and gotten them, we would have surprised him with them on Christmas day (the shows here are 12/29 & 12/30). You know when you can just picture what a great moment something like that is going to be - but then you can't make it happen? It's awful.

We do have a close family friend who is in PR for Universal Music Group - we've never asked her for anything before, but my husband did ask if she had any contacts for HM tickets. She said that while she can normally work something out, she highly doubts she can help us here. First of all, she's getting calls from everyone with kids - including some of the groups she represents! Second, she says it is the scalpers who snatch up large quantities of tickets and there are plenty of people willing to spend the $$ they are asking for them.

It's a shame and it's beyond frustrating. I truly hope something is done about this - It's no fun to be the parent having to explain to their kids why they can't see HM in concert.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, you know what is funny about this??? Hannah Montana sold out the Prudential Center, yet, state born Bon Jovi can't.... Now, that's saying something and evidence of foul play in my book....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The funniest part is, I don't think that the artists or their representatives care ... they are SOLD out ... so they get to cash that fat check regardless of the fact that some of the tickets might actually have empty seats becasue no one buys the 2nd hand over priced tickets.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    The funniest part is, I don't think that the artists or their representatives care
    Just my opinion, but I don't think that's really fair, and I don't think it's true. To me that depicts the artists as heartless and only caring about themselves. I think most probably do care. Alienating fans is never a good thing, and most are in the business of making music that people enjoy.

FYI - if you haven't heard of the Garth Brooks ticket sale yesterday.... Tickets went on sale at 10:00 yesterday morning, The moment Ticketmaster opened the web site, they were already saying sold out. But it doesn't end there, moments later tickets were appearing on EBay. However, as promised, the moment they appareard on EBay (and I saw one pair sell for $2000) at the Artist's request, Ticketmaster ceased the on-line ticket sales, and reportedly are cancelling the orders of those that appeared on EBay (not sure how they know though). Then they started adding shows. They sold out a total of 9 shows to those who personally went to ticket outlets, and to those who ordered by phone. Sales, in person or by phone, required the buyer to have an address within a certain radius of Kansas City. Apparently, Garth Brooks was prepared to add shows as long as there was sufficient ticket demand, but at 9 shows, the Sprint Center said that's all the dates they could give them.

I think some (and I'd dare to say most) artists care.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say Professional Scalper and Ticket Brokers really aren't to blame any more. The problem are the amateurs who figure hey I can pick up a pair of these tickets and at least triple my money on Stub Hub or Ebay . You went from a handful of people buying tickets just to sell at a profit to literally millions. Think about people are getting tickets putting about an hour's worth of work into and in some case making a a few grand. With someone like Hannah Montana it's a no brainer. How many people know families with kids that want to go if the tickets don't sell so they could get their money back and be a hero at the same. Zero Risk.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought tickets from brokers/scalpers, and I've sold to them. I'm about being up close. If I buy a ticket that will get me in the door, and I see a better deal, I will pay the money for it. Then I need to sell my ticket so I don't eat that cash. But if it's someone that you really want to see, you do what you can to give yourself the best possible experience.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

First thing, I am so glad Miley Cyrus got such appeal and success. I believe it is well deserved.

this being said, i am appealed by the dishonest tactics made by scalpers and resellers. i do remember a show of the "Rolling Stones" who got so overscalped that they were forced to sell the tickets in rebate!

The only solution for this is a local sale of tickets with a limit of tickets a single person can buy. Not a good thing for those who want to keep their auditoriums full but it's the only way to keep the sale fair.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sadly, just another example of "those people" ruining things for the rest of us.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Pittsburgh software firm sued over
    Hannah Montana ticket scalping

By Associated Press
    Article Launched: 10/10/2007 08:45:39 AM PDT

PITTSBURGH - A software company has been accused of enabling scalpers to buy up tickets for the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana concert tour.

Pittsburgh-based RMG Technologies Inc. sold software that allows users to flood Ticketmaster with requests and then sell the tickets at inflated prices, according to a lawsuit filed by Ticketmaster in federal court in Los Angeles.

Ticketmaster, a unit of IAC/InterActiveCorp, is seeking an injunction to keep RMG from selling the software. A decision is expected Monday.

"I have a lot of things to say, but I shouldn't say them right now," RMG owner Cipriano Garibay told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review for a story Wednesday. He referred questions to his attorney, who did not immediately return calls.

The highest face value for a Hannah Montana ticket was $63 for the sold-out show in Pittsburgh coming Jan. 4. People have reported seeing tickets for $2,500.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Hannah Montana Brokers Breaking Little Girls' Hearts

Monday, October 15, 2007
    By Mike Straka
    FoxNews.com

Guess who's breaking little girls' hearts all across the nation?

It's fictional cutie Hannah Montana, played by singer/actress Miley Cyrus on the hit Disney Channel show.

Cyrus is doing a nationwide tour as Hannah Montana, and -- wouldn't you know? -- ticket brokers have snatched up most of the ducats so they can resell them to kids at exorbitant prices.

Tickets that have a face value of $26 are going for as much as 10 times that amount, and $56 seats are listed at over $300. Seats in the first three rows: $2,500.

Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter, is just 14 years old, and the show she fronts is one of the biggest on cable today. But $2,500 for a basic cable act?

Come on!

It's gotten so bad that even "convenience-charge"-happy Ticketmaster is suing a software company to try to get it to stop selling software that helps brokers essentially skip the cyber-line and snatch up thousands of tickets before you even get to the checkout page.

Ticketmaster is suing someone for unfair business practices. That's laughable, but I digress.

The Missouri attorney general has also filed charges against three brokers for trying to sell tickets to undercover investigators at high prices.

These brokers are the lowest of the low.

It's one thing to broker Rolling Stones or Bon Jovi tickets for prices much higher than face value, because those acts attract adults who presumably can afford to bite the bullet, or at least can get away with buying just one ticket for themselves.

But when you're talking a family affair, like Hannah Montana, an act that families would typically attend together, the prices for these tickets are out of reach for most parents and tweens.

This puts moms and dads in very precarious circumstances with their tweens, because you know little Jenny's parents down the block are going to get tickets, by hook or by crook. Then you'll have to explain to your children that you simply can't afford to send them to the show.

Ouch.

I know this isn't Earth-shattering stuff here, but taking your kids to a concert is supposed to be fun. Thanks to brokers, it's stressful instead.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

So I checked on line to see if the ticket prices went down (from the resellers) - a bunch of them are selling single tickets for $125 a piece.

Now my question is - who is going to allow their child to sit alone? How can they in good conscience sell only one ticket?

One place had four tickets in a clump - but the price was $1133 per ticket!!!

This is out of control!

I also think what's complicating matters is that the Jonas Brothers are paired with Miley. if they were separated - there would be more concerts to go around.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried To Get Them In Ny Too
    No Luck - Within Minutes Gone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks as if i am one of the lucky ones, i was able to score three tickets online at the normal price! And i get to go see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers Tonight!
    AP Holder since 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: