Quantcast Journey Into Your Imagination 3.0???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Journey Into Your Imagination 3.0???

I was talking with a fellow Disney fan, and he brought up the fact that a possible refurb of JIYI would be coming next year and the result would reunite Dreamfinder and Figment. I'm usually pretty on top of my Disney news and rumors, but this one, if it's true, would be awesome! Anything substancial to this?
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have heard this but am not any more positive about the credibility of it than you are. Anyone else able to shed some light on this?
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, right now there are some fairly substantial rumors to this, but nothing official.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

That Hill Fella recently wrote that there would be a rehab next year. In addition there were some big names in the running for Dreamfinder, Jack Black, Steve Martin and can't remember the third right now. Of course, since it was Hill that reported who knows what will really happen.
    7/88 Off World
    10/04 Pop Century
    10/05 Pop Century and MNSSHP
    12/07 Pop Century and MVMCP
    09/09 Pop Century and Grand Gathering
    12/10 Pop Century
    09/11 Pop Century
    1/14 Coronado Springs

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard this too. In fact, I have heard this from a very credible source. He also told me an announcement will be coming on October 1. But I highly doubt it. If this were the case, wouldn't we be hearing a lot more rumblings about it? I hope a new Imagination is coming sooner rather than later.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the rumors I have read about also include reopening of the 2nd floor "rainbow" section of the attraction for a meet-n-greet and a new 4-D movie to replace HISTA.

Here's hopin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    I have heard this too. In fact, I have heard this from a very credible source. He also told me an announcement will be coming on October 1. But I highly doubt it. If this were the case, wouldn't we be hearing a lot more rumblings about it? I hope a new Imagination is coming sooner rather than later.
    No, there really wouldn't be more rumblings about it. Disney stays very tight-lipped about things until they are ready to release it. That's why you get 5 billion different rumors. Somehow it gets out that WDI is considering doing a refurb and the Internet sites all take that little bit of information and run with it until you have an out of control rumor train.

As for the October 1 date - the last couple of years Disney has made some big announcements around that time, so that sounds about right, but, again, there's nothing official out there. No press conference is scheduled yet. Just keep your fingers crossed that we get back the JIYI that we all love!

As for credible sources, unless the person is in WDI and working directly on the project they are probably in the dark as much as you or I. That's why I say I pretty much ignore all rumors until Disney makes them official or unless I've heard it directly from a friend in WDI who's working on that specific project. CM's have been known to start some of the biggest rumors and they often don't know any more than the average joe on the street about these big projects.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

The rumor of dream finders return as been around for quite sometime now. I hope they announce his return at the rededication ceremony but I wont hold my breath. The old ride was one of my favorites. Also they need to need to get rid of the creepy moon at the end

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Bear in mind that October 1st, 2007 is the 25th anniversary for Epcot. It would make complete sense for a big announcement on that date.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there is such a thing as a foregone conclusion , re-doing JII is it. The only re-done attraction that has generated worse reviews is Stitch.

Bear in mind that when Disney does make the announcement ,be prepared for a total pavilion makeover. The Imagination Institute theme has run it's course after 2 failed tries . HISTA has been around longer than any other movie attraction in WDW , with the exception of Muppetvision 3D. And I've never seen one comment that hails the new Image Works as being an improvement over the original.

The most embarrassing thing in the world to happen to a company like Disney , would be creating another un-imaginative Imagination pavilion. Think about it. This is the company that virtually invented imagination. Then they built a whole pavilion devoted to that subject . They did a heckuva job , but then decided to tinker with it. What should have been an even more imaginative attraction in the hands of the Imagineers , became an uninspired bore.

There is only one way to go with this if you're Disney. Make this the next Epcot priority ( along with replacing WoL ). Prove that you are capable of wowing us with a truly inspired Imagination pavilion. Make all of us puzzled guests forget JII 2 and JII 3 , and captivate us with a real winner.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

OK, this rumor has been thrown around for years, with even more wishful thinking.

As I, too, want the original back, I started thinking...

Can you imagine the crowds at Epcot the day they reopen the pavilion, if they do replace it with the original? Oh, it would be a ZOO!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be great to have a new Imaginations building, and the sooner the better!!....but with October 1st right around the corner in a few days, wouldn't there be word of some sort of announcement due out then? It seems that we always know the dates of when they are expected to make an announcement, although we don't always know what the announcement will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be very happy if its true and agree that if there is a foregone conclusion of an attraction that will be rehabed its this one. Lots of wishful thinking ot be sure but it will come true at some point.

As much as I enjoyed the original, I would like to see a new attraction. Technological advances mean that there are even more possibilities for true imagination than were available then. Figment and Dreamfinder could be placed in lots of interesting scenes. The key is for Imagineers to actually be imaginative. Something you expect from this company and got the opposite in the last 2 rehabs.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

As long as we get a little bit of the "just one spark" song in there - I'm all for a rehab! I too miss the original. It was my very favorite attraction when I first visited WDW in the early 90's!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd try and bring together all of the proposed rumors regarding this attraction.

First was the resurrection of The Dreamfinder. This was going to happen for a while but unfortunately Nemo/The Seas ended up going over budget so it had to be cut back. Some of the finances were then used on the Mexico ride.

Then we heard that "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" would be changed to a Figment/Dreamfinder film and the theater would unload into Image Works. The reason for this was a survey showed that most guests who visit this area only go on one of the rides, either Honey I Shrunk... Or Imagination but usually not both.

Currently there hasn't been that much information. I can say that the project will eventually happen because Disney is well aware of the current ride underperforming. I remember hearing that even the Swiss Family Treehouse gets more hourly guests then the current Imagination. Disney is also well aware of guests displeasure with the current attraction.

Also, if the ride is redone yet again it won't be to bring back the old original ride. Yes, the Dreamfinder will be back but it will be in new scenes with Figment.

Obviously you can take all of this with a grain of salt until it actually happens, just wanted to let you know that it will eventually happen, just have no idea when.

Oh and the Figment statue that use to be on the opposite side of "Honey I Shrunk.." is supposed to be coming back! There are currently construction walls surrounding it.
    Dreamfinder, I'm just great!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Can you imagine the crowds at Epcot the day they reopen the pavilion, if they do replace it with the original? Oh, it would be a ZOO!
    I know I'd be there!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It would be awsome to have the old Figment back. I loved the original, and have a lot of fond memories of meeting Dreamfinder and Figment outside by the fountains.
    But, saying the above, I would like for my DH to have the opprotunity to see the new ride. His first trip to the World will be in March. He loves Eric Idel (Monty Python, and all) and was really looking forward to seeing this attraction with him in it.
    I agree that HISTA needs to be redone.
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post

ok every time ive been ive never rode JII simply because i never knew it existed until i got back from my last trip and read the map. in my opinion the entire pavilion was boring and nothing is there to draw you into it except HISTA wwhich is boring and has lost its appeal to the older guests. the fact it would be a zoo would be a good thing on disneys part.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely hope they make an improvement to the extremely weak version that is currently in place. Whether it be to go retro with the original version, or whether it be to Imagineer something new that includes a bit of the former magic is o.k. with me.

The original has such a special place for me as back in 1983 when I rode it I was 17 years old and was at the apex of my "coolness". The ride actually helped me to be a kid again & enjoy WDW as a child. I ended up waving to characters and loving my first trip which I had originally thought was going to be so totally uncool.

My thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEDTOPIA View Post
    HISTA has been around longer than any other movie attraction in WDW , with the exception of Muppetvision 3D.
    I think you need to group the Norway, China , and the France Circlevision films into that too. Those have been there longer. Only Canada's has been updated. And that took 25 years! At least Imagination has had Magic Journeys and Captain EO in that same time period.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: