Quantcast O Canada in Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Default O Canada in Epcot

Ok, we just got back from our trip and I rode Everest numerous times consecutively, Space Mountain numerous times consecutively, Orange Team Mission Space, Tower of Terror and every other ride in every park. The problem is O Canada. That 360 theater made me sick I really wanted to watch the movie, but I was getting more and more dizzy during the show. I finally had to exit and you would be surprised how many people also used the exit after I did. I wish it were just one screen, and why do you have to stand through this show? Everyone who exited behind me said they had the same problem.
    What do all you Intercotees think of O Canada?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen the new show from a video podcast. You don't have to keep turning your head around non stop to see everything. Just focus on one spot to avoid getting "motion sickness."

Normally, my DH takes a motion sickness pill to avoid feeling woozy since he gets motion sick pretty easily.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Gottaluvgoof Guest

We tried focusing on one screen but my peripheral vision just kept seeing things to my side. It was driving me crazy. It is very difficult to only watch one screen. Believe me, we all tried. I would love to hear from people who have been there though. I'm thinking it just isn't the same on a pod screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! After walking all over Future World, all I wanted to do was sit down. DH took me to Oh Canada. I ended up sitting on the floor.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I know the video podcast is much different then being there in person. From the person who filmed the podcast did say that they would get dizzy from just trying to remove the camera around, so they kind of stopped moving the camera around.

Maybe someone could ask a CM on which is the best view and best tips for not feeling sick watching the show.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with the "O Canada" Circle Vision 360, but I have heard of others who have experienced some dizziness and/or nausea. Based on what causes motion sickness, I agree that leaning again the rails and focusing straight ahead on the screen directly in front of you is probably the only that would help (aside from a motion sickness pill or patch). But I can understand why visual cues in your peripheral vision might still be distracting.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Based on what causes motion sickness, I agree that leaning again the rails and focusing straight ahead on the screen directly in front of you is probably the only that would help (aside from a motion sickness pill or patch).
    The CM instructs people to NOT lean against the rails because the weight cannot hold adults or children.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually REALLY sensitive to motion sickness, and I had to stare at one screen. I started out looking around, but I quickly realized that was a mistake! However, once I stopped looking around so much, I was fine. Actually, I've always had more problems with the movie in France!

Back to Canada, though, I LOVED the Martin Short update! Made me want to go to Canada!!!!

And then, of course, there's Off Kilter!!!

But I've always wondered what they have to do with Canada?!
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the last time I went to a Circlevision 360 movie but I want to see O Canada when we go in Nov. What is it like? Is it the same image on several different screens around you or is is one image wrapped around 360 degrees?

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that they finally updated the film! I am looking forward to watching it in a little over two weeks from now!!!

As for watching it in the past, I did get a little whoozie but it quickly passed. I found, like the others said, that if I concentrate on one screen then I could prevent the dizziness.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I always sit on the floor and watch, it makes a huge difference for me...and I've never had it be a problem.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to the O Canada show but we went to see the China one on our first visit and knew we would never do a standup circlevision show again. That wasn't one of my best moments as Disney. We heard a lot of complaints back then about the setup. I can't believe they have put in another one.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm tempted to go down to my local feed store and pickup a set of horse blinders so I won't get sick! LOL

But seriously, I find it helpful sometimes to "cup" my hands on either side of my face so I can only see what is in front of me
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    Now I'm tempted to go down to my local feed store and pickup a set of horse blinders so I won't get sick! LOL

But seriously, I find it helpful sometimes to "cup" my hands on either side of my face so I can only see what is in front of me
    Hey, that's the best idea I have heard yet! That's about exactly what it would take. Too bad I didn't think of that...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    The CM instructs people to NOT lean against the rails because the weight cannot hold adults or children.
    We just got back from Disney two weeks ago, and managed to see the new O Canada film twice. Much improved, by the way.
    The CM advised that you could lean against the rails, and actually referred to them as "leaning rails", but said that you could not sit on them, as they would not support your weight. Hope this clears things up a bit.
    BTW, I didn't feel at all sick during the film,even though I spun my head around to view all of the screens.
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed spinning around and trying to see all the screens and the dizzy feeling I got. I'm serious too
    I don't get sick I was tired so it would have been nice to sit though.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    I enjoyed spinning around and trying to see all the screens and the dizzy feeling I got. I'm serious too
    I don't get sick I was tired so it would have been nice to sit though.
    LOL....I don't know how you could enjoy that dizzy feeling. UGH! Seats definitely would help, ESPECIALLY at EPCOT (Every Person Comes Out Tired!)

Post Thanks / Like

The truth is, the O Canada movie made this Canuck sick everytime he say it... until they update the movie!

On a more serious tone, I understand your problem. Putting your hands on both sides of your head to cut your field of vision might be a solution.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaning Rails

Hi!

Just a little correction for you; cast members tell people not to sit on the rails. They are called "leaning rails" and it is perfectly acceptable to lean on them - at any age or weight.
    "Man has a dream, and that's a start; he follows his dream with mind and heart, and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." Thanks for seeing your dream through to reality, Walt!

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to DD in Timekeeper. When I told her to shut her eyes, she wasn't really moving, she stayed, and was fine.

DH felt dizzing on Soarin'. Same advice to him. He shut his eyes, and it was a relaxing break for him.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: