Quantcast Haunted Mansion Refurb. - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HM is my favorite and I did miss it on this last trip (july), but I'm really glad it is being maintained. I'm looking forward to seeing it after the refurb. My granddaughters were too scared to go in last year, but maybe when we get to go again, they will be ready to enjoy.

BTW, I didn't notice the lines at any other attractions seeming to be longer than usual.
    Roger - wish I were there now.
    June 1986 - CR with adolescent kids
    July 1992 - POFQ no kids
    June 1994 - DxL no kids
    June 1997 - DxL no kids
    July 2002 - POR no kids
    July 2003 - POR with married kids
    July 2006 - Poly with kids, grands!
    July 2007 - POR Just the two of us

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole ride is getting a big face-lift!! Sort of like Pirates except bigger! They are doing something with the bride in the attic, something with the strecthing gallery and so much more. Imagine Splash Mounatin with all of the special effects that we have now. That is whay HM will be like. Not that im saying that Splash Mounatain needs a refurbishment, because it is a great ride. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW HAUNTED MANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were planning a summer trip(this week in fact )but decided against it when I found that HM was going to be down.My DD only went to DW once and closed her eyes through most of HM but claims it's her favorite ride and promises to actually keep them open next time.Now we have to replan for another school vacation.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the rides I went on last year the Haunted Mansion really needed a refurb we stopped 4 times on the ride fo around 4 minutes each. Anxiuos to see how it works in December after the refurb.
    Chris

A 10 time Disney Costumer who keeps going back till he gets it right.
    Next visit: Wilderness Lodge Dec 8 2007 to Dec 15 2007.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HM reopening

Can anyone confirm the reopening date? Here on intercot it states:

"Haunted Mansion closed for refurbishment on June 6 and will reopen September 12, 2007. "

On Disney's website on the calendar page for September 12, operational updates, states the Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurb...

I just want to know if I need to change my Magic Kingdom day! TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyworld.com doesn't always have the most up to date information, as its not exactly run by Disney. Like, I just went, and it has no operational updates for September at Magic Kingdom, and I know thats not true, as HM is closed. I've been having problems with the site all day, so it could be they are trying to fix it all up.

I would go with what we say. Figment keeps us up to date. But I'm not sure why I thought that HM opened on the 13. Maybe I was mixed up too! On another site, it says it is closed THROUGH Sept 12, so, to me, that means it opens on the 13th. But Intercot says it will open the 12th.

I see where you can be confused! As of right now, I would just go on the 13th just to be safe, unless that really messes up your plans.

I'm sure Figment! will set us both straight!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

September Operational Updates: Magic Kingdom (per Disneyworld.com)

* Astro Orbiter: Closed for Refurbishment [September 9, 2007 to September 22, 2007]
    * Donald's Boat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 18, 2007]
    * Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 17, 2007 to September 20, 2007]
    * Pooh's Playful Spot: Closed for Refurbishment [September 16, 2007 to September 20, 2007]
    * The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 12, 2007]

Post Thanks / Like

Funny...

I've tried to check all day, and nothing is right! They say they don't have dates for Night of Joy or MNSSHP!

I guess you got lucky!

Still, is it open on the 12th or the 13th?
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Funny...

I've tried to check all day, and nothing is right! They say they don't have dates for Night of Joy or MNSSHP!

I guess you got lucky!

Still, is it open on the 12th or the 13th?
    I'm having the same issues as you DisneyDudet! and I'm still confused, 12th or 13th, I have no idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The current opening date is 13th.

The info Central listing was in need of an update, but now does reflect the current opening date.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Jason, I knew you'd be along to help us all out! How appropriate that it is opening on the 13th!

Now if only Disneyworld.com would work...

Thanks, Jason!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Now if only Disneyworld.com would work...

Thanks, Jason!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinning Marathon Runner View Post
    I don't see why they can't do some sort of round the clock work on it during the less busy times of the year when many of their patrons are in school, not at the parks.
    So those of us who can't make it to Disney during the busiest parts of the year should be penalized by having all the needed refurbishments done?

During the off-season, quite a few attractions are already closed (They are considered seasonal) or they are under refurb. Yeah, it stinks that a bunch of people have to miss out on a favorite ride or 2 during the busy months, but there is hardly a month at Disney where someone doesn't have to miss something. Get over it and just be glad that there are tons of other attractions/shows, etc that you can do to fill up your time.
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFREAK101 View Post
    The whole ride is getting a big face-lift!! Sort of like Pirates except bigger! They are doing something with the bride in the attic, something with the strecthing gallery and so much more. Imagine Splash Mounatin with all of the special effects that we have now. That is whay HM will be like. Not that im saying that Splash Mounatain needs a refurbishment, because it is a great ride. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW HAUNTED MANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've also heard according to some other discussion boards that they are adding a wheelchair accessible doom buggy (sort of like the accessible clam mobiles)
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

So now that I've decided to brave the morning EMH on the day of reopening, will the Haunted Mansion be open during morning EMHs? and is HM a fastpass attraction? TIA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLvDisney View Post
    Oooh, we'll be there from September 15 through the 22....I hope it re-opens as scheduled b/c this will be DH & DDs first trip and I'd hate for them to miss it - it's one of my faves

We are going the 14th - 21st and that is one of our families favorite rides too!! I can't wait to see the new and improved version!! We have a really great memory from the stretch room and I am so glad it will be opened for us!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysworld
    will the Haunted Mansion be open during morning EMHs?
    Nope, although it is on the Evening Extra Magic Hour operational list.

Operational attractions can be found in the Extra Magic Hours Program section of INTERCOT info Central.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysworld
    is HM a fastpass attraction?
    Nope.

Attractions on the FastPass system can be found in the Fastpass section of INTERCOT info Central.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

It used to be a fastpass attraction, but they stopped that a few years back.

HM is not open for morning EMH, but it is open for evening. I like riding it at night.. makes even more creepy!

I do believe that we've hashed rehashed the whole rehab in the "off season" way too much, so I'm not going to make my comment.

I just can't wait til I go for the first time in Oct!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got this in my Disney Insider today:

Making the Haunts Even Happier

That old, creepy, uninhabited mansion -- you know, the one where you sometimes hear mysterious sounds and see eerie apparitions? I think something's going on up there. Ever since June, I seem to hear weird noises in the dead of night ... noises suspiciously like hammering and sawing. But none of the 999 permanent residents seem to be leaving the joint. Is it possible that that place is going to get even SPOOKIER?

That's right -- in case you haven't heard the news through the ghoulish grapevine, the Magic Kingdom Park's venerable Haunted Mansion is getting a facelift. New details are being added to reward sharp-eyed spookhunters, and some high-tech magic is being put to use to create old-fashioned thrills. Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer for the attraction, told us what to expect if you dare to venture through the doors of this most beloved attraction, which is slated to reopen this month.

"For several months, our team has been "illusioneering," making the invisible, visible," explains Kathy. "For example, a previously unseen wing of the Mansion has been revealed for the first time. Observant Guests will see more of the 999 happy haunts cavorting on a seemingly endless staircase leading to secret realms. Watch closely and you'll see evidence of these residents -- their glowing footprints, candles going out -- is it the wind or did someone blow them out? It's for you to decide. Other haunts reveal themselves in the mansion's infamous Corridor of Doors -- don't blink or you'll miss the clues!"

The Haunted Mansion is one of the Disney Theme Park attractions that have inspired legions of passionate fans. The last thing anyone wanted to do was to change the experience in a way that would disappoint Guests, and Kathy and her team were acutely aware of the necessity to "strengthen the story, and not change it." So in many cases they expanded on the lore that already existed -- as in Kathy's own favorite addition: "In the attic the long, sad tale of Constance on her wedding days finally comes to light. For almost 40 years, our Guests have come face to face with Constance the bride. Now it's time for them to meet her and her grooms face to face -- all five of them! They all loved Constance," she laughs. "In fact, you could say they lost their heads over her."

In addition to adding to the story, the Imagineers are taking advantage of some technological advances since the Mansion first saw the light of day. You won't be overwhelmed with high-tech bells and whistles that disturb the eerie atmosphere, but, Kathy promises, "Imagineers constantly look for new ways to combine compelling stories with new technologies. As we've worked to enhance Haunted Mansion, we've added a few surprises that may make the ghosts seem a little closer than before."

So whether it's your first visit to the Mansion or your hundredth, when Guests are allowed to enter that elegant but eerie house again, keep your eyes peeled. You never know when you'll stumble across the evidence of a haunt you haven't encountered before! And remember -- there's always room for one more.
    I'll have to remember this and look for everything they talk about! The attic scene in the Disneyland version is so amazing. I can't wait!!! Oct 12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Who cares about the timing...this is worth the wait!

I can't wait to see the changes!

sláinte!

Disney Trips:
    Not enough room to list them all!!

Favorite resort: Fort Wilderness

Next Trip:
    October 2015

Last Trip:
    April 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: