Quantcast Christmas experiences in Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Christmas experiences in Disney

Going to Disney in Dec. Staying at AKL. We're going to Poly and Grand Floridian for ressies. We're doing Christmas party @ MK. We want to take advantage of Christmastime experiences b/c probably won't do it again. Any other hotels we must see or activities we must do? Thanks for any input!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You should also definitely go see the Wilderness Lodge. I think winter is the perfect time to stay there. Christmas is a beautiful holiday there. Beautiful decorations.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I go every year now for Xmas and here are a few of our favorites:

While at Grand Floridian - don't miss out on the life sized Gingerbread house in the lobby, go inside and buy some delicious goodies!

We also did the sleigh ride at WIlderness Lodge then sat in the lobby in the rocking chairs near the huge fireplace sipping hot chocolate and listening to Xmas carols.

Also:
    MGM - Osborne Family Specticle of Lights

EPCOT - nightly tree lighting ceremony and holidays around the world (each country has a traditional holiday story teller with times posted). Also Candlelit processional is just lovely. We go for Xmas Eve but last year we did not get seats in the theater so we got fried ice cream from the funnel cake stand in America and copped a seat on a bench next to the theater and listened to the narration and music.

MK - MVMCP which you are already doing I see. My daughter and I did it last year for the first time and had a wonderful spot on the bridge from Tomorrowland headed towards the castle to watch teh fireworks from, we were both emotional for some reason afterwards - LOL

AK - has a steel drum band that comes out and does Xmas songs on the path leading to DinoLand USA. The jingle jungle parade is kind of cute also.

We also just like to resort hop and take our pictures in front of all the different trees and each resort and park has a huge tree with a different theme.

You'll have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

We went to WDW last Christmas and Disneyland the christmas before. I thought that DL had better decorations in the park than WDW, but WDW does a great job at the larger resorts.

I too liked the gingerbread house at GF. Also, if you go out toward the valet, there is a stand where they roast chesnuts over an "open fire". I had never actually SEEN roasted chesnuts, I had only ever sung about them in carols so it was neat to see. Plus, you can try them out.

The value resorts don't have much in the way of decorations.

Also, the mad rush to leave MK before the christmas party was rediculous. We nearly got trampled and we did get seperated. The CMs wrangling the guest were nasty and rude about trying to get people out and did not get people through very well. We had stayed for wishes or whatever the fireworks were... I recommend leaving the park before the fireworks if you aren't planning to stay for the party.

We loved Epcot best for holiday stuff. Each country has their version of Santa to meet and hear stories from. The tree lighting is neat, and if you don't want to stand in a huge crowd, stand behind the tree. You won't get to see the stage real well, but you can get some up close pics of all the characters on the bus. And you can see the tree just fine.

Next holiday we are down I am going to go to the candlelight procession. I stood in the back for Neil Patrick Harris and I LOVED it. Very festive. And NPH did a great job.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I went one in 2003 for Christmas and stayed at the Boardwalk. They have a great setup with a to scale gingerbread rollercoaster. Also Christmas morning I got a great gift bag left on the door with chocolates and candy, plus a Christmas card from Mickey ( a great touch).
    '87 offsite,'86 offsite,'00 offsite, '01 Contemporary, 2003 Grand Tour of Iraqi Wilderness, Dec '03 Boardwalk Villas, July '04 Disneyland offsite, Aug '05 Boardwalk, Aug '06 Disneyland offsite, Dec '07 Saratoga Springs, Aug '11 Saratoga Springs, May '12 Honeymoon in Aulani, Dec '12 Grand Calafornian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    You should also definitely go see the Wilderness Lodge. I think winter is the perfect time to stay there. Christmas is a beautiful holiday there. Beautiful decorations.
    We have never been able to be at WDW at Christmas time, but it sounds like when we do, VWL would be a great place to stay!
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

Check at the Epcot Guest Relations and see what kind of Christmas behind the scene tours and other unadvertised special things they may be doing.

I stumbled upon a nice little tour of all of the World Showcase decorations and their ties to each country's history. I found it a nice way to slow down and drink in all of the wonderful little Christmas time details.

May as well check with guest relations with the other parks too. Never know what they may be experimenting with on any given day.
    Never underestimate the power of High School Musical!

Pop Century - Dec/2004
    Pop Century - Nov/2005
    Coronado Springs - Dec/2005
    Pop Century - Nov/2007
    Dolphin - Nov-Dec/2007
    Pop Century - Dec 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a million for all the responses. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is soooooo much to do and see at Christmas time in Disney World. Others have listed many great suggestions.

We stayed at WL one year in December and it was amazing! I think they had the best decorations. We were able to see carolers one night, bell ringers performed another night.

I would suggest spending some time at all of the resorts, even if it is just a quick trip in to see their Christmas tree and decorations. Every resort has decorations that keep with the theme of the resort... so it is Christmas, but not with the standard red and green decorations.

Try to attend the Candlelight Processional. If that does not bring home the true meaning of Christmas, nothing will. It is a beautiful show.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lgeandme View Post
    Going to Disney in Dec. Staying at AKL. We're going to Poly and Grand Floridian for ressies. We're doing Christmas party @ MK. We want to take advantage of Christmastime experiences b/c probably won't do it again. Any other hotels we must see or activities we must do? Thanks for any input!!
    My DW,DD and myself went last year from 12/13-12/21 and it was fantastic. The GF was laid out beautifully---definitely stop by. We stayed at AKL which had an enormous tree in the lobby and very festive decorations as well. You have to see the Candlelight Processional and take in as much as you can in EPCOT as far as the holiday shows that go on during the day. MVMCP was great. Everything about that time of the year at WDW is incredible. Most definitely the best time of the year to be there is between the holiday's IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Visit some of the hotels if you have the time. Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Beach Club were our favorites. Poly was not worth the trip. We didn't do to many others. also there was a giant gingerbread setup in Epcot in the american part inside of one of the food areas.

The lights at MGM are nice and so was the Christmas party. Sugar Cookies an hot Chocolate served several places at the party.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: