Quantcast Dvc & Ddp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dvc & Ddp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dvc & Ddp

Do you all think that the rates for the new 2008 dining plan will be the same for DVC members?
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the rates will be the same for DVC members since we haven't heard otherwise. Still trying to figure out if the 2008 dining plan would be worth the money.
    Kristen :)

March 1999 - All Star Movies
    October 2001 - POR
    October 2003 - Contemporary
    March 2004 - POP
    October 2004 - SSR
    Feb 2005 - OKW
    May 2006 - BCV, October 2006 - POLY/VWL
    Feb 07 - SSR , April/May 2007 - BCV
    Dec 2007 - SSR
    Aug 2008 - Cont., Oct 2008 - BWL

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently trying to plan that part of our next trip. Everytime that I call and ask about adding the dining plan to our reservation, they keep telling me that they cannot do that until the new prices come out. I am going to call again in the next few days and see what they tell me now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just added the DDP to my January 2008 BCV stay. They are offering both the DDP and Deluxe DDP at the same prices as resort guests.

Post Thanks / Like

We will still use the DDP. I would rather have the dessert instead of an appetizer anyway. This way I have more room for dessert.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What if I've already made my 'reservation' through MS to get the dining plan BEFORE they changes came out?

Would I still get the app?...or not?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee View Post
    What if I've already made my 'reservation' through MS to get the dining plan BEFORE they changes came out?

Would I still get the app?...or not?
    My understanding is that if your trip is in 2008, you do not get the appetizer and gratuity is not included.
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

Well.....there's nothin' stoppin' me from cancelling the dining plan.

Perhaps I'll do that.......

That would be like me buying an airline ticket, and then when I got there they said......"Oh, we changed the policy....we don't have first class anymore. But you still have to pay for it"
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Well.....there's nothin' stoppin' me from cancelling the dining plan.

Perhaps I'll do that.......

That would be like me buying an airline ticket, and then when I got there they said......"Oh, we changed the policy....we don't have first class anymore. But you still have to pay for it"
    MS should not have allowed you to book the DDP for a trip in 2008 before the prices came out in the first place. I was told I'd have to call back after the prices were announced in order to officially request the DDP be added to my reservation.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

They wouldn't allow me to add mine either until after the new prices came out. Is it possible that your vacation starts at the end of 2007 and that is why you were able to purchase it before the price change? If it is you might want to call them and ask for all the details.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope....Jan. 2-12.

BUT - I am a DVC owner. And we aren't allowed to pay for the dining plan UNTIL we get to the resort. It's a rule (I think I heard it's a computer thing).

So, perhaps the fact that I don't pay until I get there had a factor in it.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Nope....Jan. 2-12.

BUT - I am a DVC owner. And we aren't allowed to pay for the dining plan UNTIL we get to the resort. It's a rule (I think I heard it's a computer thing).

So, perhaps the fact that I don't pay until I get there had a factor in it.

That is so strange - I traded into DVC through Interval International for January and they would not let me add the DDP until the new plan was released. Also, my neighbor is going at the same time (they are DVC members) and they were also told that they could not even add the dining plan until rates were out. I called on Monday to add our plan but the indication we both received before is that the computers would not allow it to be added because it was not in the system.

Post Thanks / Like

Well....all they do is note it in the computer.

But, I've already made all my reservations. In fact, I made the last one yesterday. I confirmed with MS that they, in fact, DO have me listed for the dining plan.

You know......this just goes to show that every customer service rep, every employee doesn't have all the info....and we shouldn't trust to think that they do.

In fact, I also called MS yesterday about something, and the rep told me that ONLY DVC members were allowed to purchase the dining plan. Crazy..........

I just 'let it go' and said 'thank you and goodbye'. She didn't know what she was talking about.

She could be new.......
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

You know......this just goes to show that every customer service rep, every employee doesn't have all the info....and we shouldn't trust to think that they do.
    I guess that this is a good example of why you should keep calling back and try speaking with someone else. I also read in someones post that MS wouldn't speak with them on a trade because they had traded into a DVC resort but each time I have called they look up my exchange and have been quite helpful (of course there is an extra fee in addition to my II exchange fee that covers the use of MS that everyone who exchanges in must pay - well worth the price though). This is my first stay at a DVC since we usually go to Disneyland and my husband is afraid that I will fall in love. He is probably justified in his fear!

Post Thanks / Like

Default crazyforwdw

FYI I noticed on the new 2008 dining plan that they also took off some of the restaurants so be sure to check if the ones you like are still on there. For example nine dragons is off and downtown disney has only capn jacks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a DVC trip planned for April '08, if I want to add the dining plan to my trip and call for it now, when will I be charged for it? Now or in April when I get there??
    DVC Member SSR
    SSR Apr 08
    AS Movies Apr 07

Post Thanks / Like

If your trip is with DVC....then you pay for the dining plan when you check in.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyyoung View Post
    FYI I noticed on the new 2008 dining plan that they also took off some of the restaurants so be sure to check if the ones you like are still on there. For example nine dragons is off and downtown disney has only capn jacks.

The same thing happened last year. Many of the restaurants are not owned by Disney and there seems to be a delay as to their deciding to participate. I'm sure there will be a bunch more restaurants added to the plan before the year is over. Makes planning ADR's a little tricky if your trip is early in the year, though...
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT