Quantcast If you had 3 adults and 2 kids under where would you stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you had 3 adults and 2 kids under 5 where would you stay?

Its me, DH, and our 2 kids plus perhaps my mother. Ideally we don't want to share a room, but the expense might push us in that direction. What are your suggestions?

ETA - we would like to stay on property
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At our sponsor - All Star Vacation Homes With 3 adults, the only other real choice is adjoining hotel rooms and that gets expensive.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    At our sponsor - All Star Vacation Homes With 3 adults, the only other real choice is adjoining hotel rooms and that gets expensive.
    The only other option I can think of on site would be POR they have rooms with a trundle bed. But that would probably only work out if one child is still fairly small (under 5 ft).

But it sounds like you guys would like to have your own space and unless you spend $$$$ for a suite or a DVC rental, you will probably want to check out All Star Vacation homes as stated above.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 stars for All Starz

We had the same grouping and stayed in adjoining rooms in All Starz. 1 adult and child stayed in one room and 2 adults/1 child in the other. Have a magical stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Two rooms at a value resort would probably do the trick and cost about the same, or less, than one room at a deluxe resort that can accommodate five. I would have recommended a deluxe, but you say you don't want to share a room if you can help it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This was us on a recent trip. We got 2 connecting rooms at POP. It was nice, very roomy and still some privacy.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Edited OP to say we want to stay on property because we don't want to rent a car.

I stayed at Pop once before and didn't like it much . How is All Stars? Didn't they just install a family suite or something? What is that like?

What would a wilderness lodge room be like with a cot in it? Awful?
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

Post Thanks / Like

THis all depends on how much you are going to be in the room. We hit the parks hard all day and come back to crash. Wake up shower and back at it. We do 2 rooms connecting all this time its great for us.

Now this next trip we are going for 9 days and want a little more so we are staying at the GF.

I say call disney get some rates they will give you all the options.

All stars is the same at POP.

We looked into Port Orleans before choosing the GF. Port Orleans looks nice and is a good (not cheep) value.
    Gorsh I love this place...

2007 (September) GRAND FLORIDIAN yea the kids are big enough to appreciate a nice resort!
    2006 All Stars
    2005 POPa
    2004 All Stars
    2003 All Stars
    2002 All Stars
    2001 :(
    2000 All Stars
    1993 Poly
    1977 - 84 Howard Johnsons

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at a deluxe... the day beds are nice size and since you might as well have the convenience of the monorail.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

On a tight budget, I'd go with connecting rooms at a Value (Pop or All Stars).

I agree with trying to stay on property. The benefits and constant theming makes for a nice stay.

Have a great trip!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't mention the ages of your children. I believe if you have a child under the age of 2 you can have five in a room at the Value Resorts. My children are much older now so that may no longer be the case. Disney Reservations can confirm for you. Also,
    asrai555 posted about a family suite at the value resorts. It doesn't come up under the on-line reservations, but those family suites are at the All Star Music Hotel.
    Nobody Move! Dropped Me Brain.
    _Jack Sparrow_

All Star Music - 05/96
    All Star Sports - 10/98, 06/00, 06/01, 07/09....Can't Wait
    Pop Century - 10/04, 08/05, 07/06, 08/08 (Gustav Evacuation)
    Caribbean Beach Resort -04/08

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go Deluxe, I think the rooms will be more accommodating at the Polynesian than the WL. I realize the WL is better on cost, but it does have smaller rooms. The Poly rooms come with a day bed, which will comfortably accommodate a kid or smaller adult. Also in that size range, the Contemporary and Grand Floridian. You may also check into the FW cabins or getting a DVC two bedroom.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Two rooms at a value resort. Having two full bathrooms is great for that many people.

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend considering the Fort Wilderness Cabins....lots of room plus a kitchen....seperate bedroom with full sized bed plus bunk beds.....convenient to MK....bus to TTC or AK and MGM....

We managed to do it with 6, including 3 teenagers....twice....sure beat getting 2 rooms...

If your mother qualifies (military widow or spouse with military ID) Shades of Green has junior suites for about $250 per night...web site is
    shadesofgreen.org

Great location and price. Regular rooms are larger than CR or Poly, and cost about $120.

Also had connecting rooms at Dixie Landings (POR) one year....good rates and nice facility....also give you two baths....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I would think about the cabins.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed comfortably at the Bech Club with 5, 3 adults and 2 kids one 9 the other 11. My husband and I each slept with one of the kids in a queen bed and our 22 year old former au pair slept in the trundle. It worked out well and we had no issues. The bathroom can get a little busy but my husband is real early riser so he is showered and out getting the paper before anyone else is up.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend that you give Disney a call. I know there are a few rooms at various resorts where they allow 5 and charge you something like $20 for a roll away. Some friends stayed in one of these but unfortunately I don't remeber which one it was but I'm quite certian it was a "moderate". They had 4 adults and 1 child (I think she was 12)

It's never been an issue with me because it's always been 2-3 in our room but I guess I just think limiting a "family" to 4 to a room is silly. I think the regular rooms can fit 5 easily but then when I'm on vacation I really don't demand a lot of space.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: